Team Captain
Oct 30, 2013
Parramatta, NSW
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Detroit Red Wings
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to comics. I've just discovered read everything available in the Walking Dead and now I'm kinda hooked. I'm trying to find something else that can grip me as much as TWD has. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I'm not really looking to read superhero stuff. I'm more interested in drama-ish comics. I've downloaded SAGA and Y:The last Man but I haven't really started either of these. Can anyone recommend me some amazing stuff?

Stray Bullets. Great series for drama and you can pick up the Uber Alles edition which contains the entire first run.

B.P.R.D Plague of frogs is another (huge) great read. any Hellboy title is really.

The first story arc of Fables was good too. Goes for about the first twelve or so graphic novels but it goes downhill after that.

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to comics. I've just discovered read everything available in the Walking Dead and now I'm kinda hooked. I'm trying to find something else that can grip me as much as TWD has. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I'm not really looking to read superhero stuff. I'm more interested in drama-ish comics. I've downloaded SAGA and Y:The last Man but I haven't really started either of these. Can anyone recommend me some amazing stuff?

Sandman

Start at the beginning (Preludes & Nocturns)- bit rusty and clunky to start while Gaiman is finding his 'voice' but by the time you get to halfway through A Dolls House you'll understand why you need this series in your life. And it just builds from there. Brief Lives, A Game of You right through to The Wake which is just astonishing.

Also things like Watchmen, V for Vendetta and basically anything by Alan Moore you can get your hands on.

Also, have to agree with KGBeast about Fables. First few trades are great but it tapers of pretty quickly after Jack gets his own spin off series.

I also stumbled on a thing called "The Killer" by Matz (illustrated by Luc Jacamon). It's a French comic (been translated obviously) which I really enjoyed. I've only read the first three vols - have vol. 4 on my birthday/Father's Day/Christmas 'wish list'.

But SANDMAN first. You have to read Sandman.

(And if you're in Parramatta, Phantom Comics in Horwood Place is the place to start - they're pretty good with recommendations too)

Sandman

Start at the beginning (Preludes & Nocturns)- bit rusty and clunky to start while Gaiman is finding his 'voice' but by the time you get to halfway through A Dolls House you'll understand why you need this series in your life. And it just builds from there. Brief Lives, A Game of You right through to The Wake which is just astonishing.

Also things like Watchmen, V for Vendetta and basically anything by Alan Moore you can get your hands on.

Also, have to agree with KGBeast about Fables. First few trades are great but it tapers of pretty quickly after Jack gets his own spin off series.

I also stumbled on a thing called "The Killer" by Matz (illustrated by Luc Jacamon). It's a French comic (been translated obviously) which I really enjoyed. I've only read the first three vols - have vol. 4 on my birthday/Father's Day/Christmas 'wish list'.

But SANDMAN first. You have to read Sandman.

(And if you're in Parramatta, Phantom Comics in Horwood Place is the place to start - they're pretty good with recommendations too)

Thanks Heaps for your help there. I will defiantly check Sandman out. I've read fables since being recommended it on here. Also played the video game. I really enjoyed it. I wish it finished up earlier as it was really good and seemed to just run too long.

I had a quick google of killer and that looks pretty good too. Will try and check it out. Will also give that comic book shop in parra probably this weekend.

Thanks Heaps :)

I've just invented a new character, he'll use farts channelled thru a trumpet as his weapon/supapower.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back