New to Footy. Best way to watch games in America?

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't thank you enough for this info!! Yes, I have FS1 & FS2 on Dish. I just scrolled though my guide and I see the game you're talking about. I had previously searched for AFL on my Dish sports app, and nothing ever came up. It has all American sports, and European Football (Soccer) teams & leagues, but never had AFL or Footy listed. Once again, Thank You!!! I have already set my DVR!

Glad to be of help.

It seems you might be in the US... - edit - just saw you in MA.

So heres the deal -
www.Watchafl.com.au is the official streaming site for anyone outside Aust and NZ. Can be subscribed to yearly, monthly or weekly. Choose your poison.

In the US on Cable:
Direct TV has FS1 (219) FS2 (618) and Fox Soccer plus (621)
FS1 and FS2 carry games randomly at best but are avaialable in most cable sporting packages. Fox Soccer Plus is an ala carte add on on Direct Tv for 14.99 a month but will get you at least 2-4 games a week there. I do the Fox Soccer Plus to ensure I get the all the games.

ESPN 2 ( 209) on DTV has also been randomly taking a game or 2 per week since about July but it really depends on the schedule and there is no guarantee they take Finals.

I have all these options as I pay WAY to much in cable bills ever ymonth. I also do the Yearly Watchafl for 160 per year.

Why the double coverage you ask - At 3 am the ISP can be know to sh*t the bed and if im making the effort to drag my arse out of bed every week to see Geelong play live then the tehcnology had better not fail - and because it does - I have options when it goes in the dumpster.

Hope this helps.

Go Catters

s**t mate. I pay $170 a month for Internet, HBO, Showtime, EPIX and 200 channels I don't want and think I'm getting a good deal!

BTW: Because of COVID there have been no matches on Fox Soccer Plus. I have no idea who pays for that channel.

Actually it pretty much appears from reading the thread that everyone has covered it for him.

Generally, helping out any sort of black and yellow supporter stateside or otherwise runs contrary to every instinct in my nature. ;)

That said—everyone has told you accurately how to view games.

FoxSports 1 and 2
FoxSoccer Channel
And the occasional ESPN2

You can stream games on your smart tv via the internet by way of WatchAFL membership

You can watch games on tablets, smartphones, laptops etc via WatchAFL App and/or from the WatchAFL website online.

You can listen to radio broadcasts of games from the AFL website itself

Pretty sure everyone has already told you this above.

Just make sure you tell allllll your Aussie friends you roooooot for those black and yellow fellows

Ohhh and Go you Crows !

:)

6C8235ED-97B7-46E2-ACA6-84828F010709.png

The fox sports US channels have shown the majority of this seasons games live, fox soccer only shows matches on a 1-2 dat delay, they stopped showing live games end of last season, espn 2 also shows a few games, I’d assume all the finals will be on fox.

The fox sports US channels have shown the majority of this seasons games live, fox soccer only shows matches on a 1-2 dat delay, they stopped showing live games end of last season, espn 2 also shows a few games, I’d assume all the finals will be on fox.
I'm pretty sure Pies-Cats was on Fox Soccer Plus this morning. At least that's what I saw on USAFL's Twitter earlier this week. Fox Sports 2 showed Tigers-Saints, but was showing NRL this morning. Why they couldn't use FS1 for any of this, who knows?

To answer the question in the OP: FS1, FS2, Fox Soccer Plus and ESPN2 have all aired live games this year. Personally, I subscribed to Watch AFL and simply watch it that way. I didn't like how the US broadcasters cut off the broadcast before you could hear the winning team's song, and trying to figure out which network the footy was going to be on a particular day was tiring. Being able to watch Fox Footy is a nice bonus, as well.

I'm not sure it's worth subscribing at this point in the year (it's a month-by-month thing, so if you subscribed now, it'd run until October next year; but, like, why at this point?), given there are only three games left. I'd like to think that the rest of the finals will be on no lower than FS2, but who knows? They treat AFL and NRL as afterthought, filler programming moreso than actual content they air.

+1 watchafl. Used it when I was overseas for work during finals few years ago. You can watch live or delayed start and obviously replays. Back catalogue goes back few years and get access to all the foxfooty talk shows, on the couch, 360 etc.
you could use vpn and downs loads etc but all a pain in the ass

That's true. I'm currently looking for a reliable VPN that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Lol.

Actually it pretty much appears from reading the thread that everyone has covered it for him.

Generally, helping out any sort of black and yellow supporter stateside or otherwise runs contrary to every instinct in my nature. ;)

That said—everyone has told you accurately how to view games.

FoxSports 1 and 2
FoxSoccer Channel
And the occasional ESPN2

You can stream games on your smart tv via the internet by way of WatchAFL membership

You can watch games on tablets, smartphones, laptops etc via WatchAFL App and/or from the WatchAFL website online.

You can listen to radio broadcasts of games from the AFL website itself

Pretty sure everyone has already told you this above.

Just make sure you tell allllll your Aussie friends you roooooot for those black and yellow fellows

Ohhh and Go you Crows !

:)

View attachment 982060

Do you know if and what VPN sites are good as far as Australian server speeds from US? If any are good then Kayo is best option.

This site recommends Surfshark for Kayo: https://www.screenbinge.com/channels/watch-kayo-sports-outside-australia/

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back