New TSL ground

Remove this Banner Ad

Duff TV said:
They had the opportunity to either play out of nth Hobart oval and/or merge with sandy bay juniors.

Both of these logical options were never taken up and so the club is once again at the crossroads.

Playing out of North Hobart would've been fine in theory but for one minor little problem Duff. North Hobart Football Club.
FYI - do you know the REAL reason why the SFL moved its headquarters away from North Hobart Oval to KGV this year?
Think back to the 1990's Duff. Think of Hobart, think of Sandy Bay, think of Southern Cats - there's the reason...
It would've been great, but things haven't changed.

Sandy Bay Juniors? Hmmm yes well it would be the exact same thing as playing every week in Kingston. We'd lose our identity.
We were being asked to wear a Sandy Bay uniform with a Lion on the chest.
Very Hobart Tigers-like...

Playing out of North Hobart would've been fine in theory but for one minor little problem Duff. North Hobart Football Club.
FYI - do you know the REAL reason why the SFL moved its headquarters away from North Hobart Oval to KGV this year?
Think back to the 1990's Duff. Think of Hobart, think of Sandy Bay, think of Southern Cats - there's the reason...
It would've been great, but things haven't changed.

Sandy Bay Juniors? Hmmm yes well it would be the exact same thing as playing every week in Kingston. We'd lose our identity.
We were being asked to wear a Sandy Bay uniform with a Lion on the c hest.
so what is the REAL reason the sfl left north hobart oval. i thought it was because paul harriss cracked the s..ts with scott wade & glenorchy offered free rent for its offices

ZZ TOP said:
so what is the REAL reason the sfl left north hobart oval. i thought it was because paul harriss cracked the s..ts with scott wade & glenorchy offered free rent for its offices
Same reasons why Hobart went back to the TCA, the 'Bay went back to Queenborough and died and the Cats died, not able to make enough money there because of North opening their bars and kiosks and raking in all the cash and the others making low returns.
Harriss probably did crack the shits with Wade, let's face who wouldn't ;)
But yeah, when a particular gentleman told me that, I just laughed, I thought surely this can't still be a problem? But I guess it is.
Bit sad, because North Hobart's the best venue for watching footy at (better than Bellerive and KGV anyway).
Not sure if you remember the days pre-Premier League, but in those days if you hosted a final at your ground you had to close your clubrooms and serve grog outside, the SFL would take all profits from the day and give the host club a dividend to pay kiosk workers and bar staff from the host club as, in effect they were working for the SFL for the day.
Used to work quite well, we hosted three finals over two seasons at the TCA where that was in effect, all had good attendances ranging from 1,600 to around 2,100 and The Den was shut down until there was ten minutes to go in the match each time.
Kept a great atmosphere in the ground and made a hell of a lot of coin too, I noticed they'd dropped that idea when the Premier League came in.

Went and had a look at the new ground today, it is going to be an amazing new ground. It's big and wide and surface was fantastic. The one thing that impressed me the most was, silly enough, the goal posts! When standing 5m out from the goal posts, you get the sense of being on a ground where AFL is played (obviously minus the surroundings), it kinda of felt like being on the MCG or Etihad Stadium. I think if the get seating on the hill area like the type of seating at North Hobart on the wing, then it'll be an amazing ground.

Glory man you and I will make great mates.

Now Kingpin how about I come pick u up, I roll the camera and see your reaction when you see the ground for the first time.

Does anybody have any photos of the completed facilities at the twin ovals? very interested to see how it looks, seats/grandstand/scoreboard/parking around the ground/clubrooms etc.? searched the net but nothing has really come up. Cheers in advance.

Does anybody have any photos of the completed facilities at the twin ovals? very interested to see how it looks, seats/grandstand/scoreboard/parking around the ground/clubrooms etc.? searched the net but nothing has really come up. Cheers in advance.

Mr Duff would have up to date pics wouldnt he? I went to the ground near the end of the cricket season. It certainly looks impressive. It didnt have a grandstand anywhere, so I guess thats yet to come. I thought access & parking would be stressed by any sort of crowd. The parking I saw was only just enough for the cricket match I saw. It was a final so a few people were about, but not heaps. Maybe a Kingston footy person could tell us how the ground handles an SFL crowd.
The view of the cricket from the social club was A1. The beer was nice & cold too! It certainly is a far cry from the old beach oval. A tiny mud puddle at the best of times! The footy ground was in fantastic condition. Hopefully the drainage is good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back