New TV show

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it brought to us by Neds?

Cmon man, we have a dedicated thread for that.

Great initiative LI, feels like we are making some well timed moves to increase our mindshare in Brisbane.

If we can back it up on field we will start to make this city our own again.

No doubt all the shows have been planned, but would love to see a "where are they now" segment with some of our past players and what their memories of the club are etc.

Article says there will be retrospective content. So I think you’ll be happy.

Perfect timing. Really hope we can do enough on field this season to match the off field work. Good results on field will enhance this off field stuff sooo much and we will snowball into next season. Starts to cascade right through the club as well from membership, to playing roster, sponsorship, more blockbuster games, etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So we're giving this a crack this year. Five episodes currently slated, we're hoping to do more, but excited to have the Club back on Channel 7 in our market.

Sorry this is picky but why is Zorks wearing the away jumper? Shouldn't he be in the home one? Secondly, about effing time The Lions got something like this together! FTA tv in Brisbane advertising our great club is something that should have been done yonks ago, although if I'm remembering right, wasn't there a Lions segment on tv years ago? For some reason I'm remembering Luenberger being on there.....

Sorry this is picky but why is Zorks wearing the away jumper? Shouldn't he be in the home one? Secondly, about effing time The Lions got something like this together! FTA tv in Brisbane advertising our great club is something that should have been done yonks ago, although if I'm remembering right, wasn't there a Lions segment on tv years ago? For some reason I'm remembering Luenberger being on there.....
Yep, picky.

Possibly because it launches on March 31, when we'll indeed be playing away, but does it matter which he's wearing?

Sorry this is picky but why is Zorks wearing the away jumper?

Fair to assume the home jumper either had SOOW or Neds on the front. Most likely the former based on it probably being filmed a few weeks ago. So that would explain it.

Fair to assume the home jumper either had SOOW or Neds on the front. Most likely the former based on it probably being filmed a few weeks ago. So that would explain it.
Was filmed on Wednesday but the answer is correct, home jumper had SOOW on it. Same reason why he was in away kit at captain's day.

Was filmed on Wednesday but the answer is correct, home jumper had SOOW on it. Same reason why he was in away kit at captain's day.

Just out of interest, did the club have to get all the team photos done again? What about the videos for team announcement on the Gabba screen?

Fantastic effort by the club to get back on Free to Air in a Rugby League dominated market, kudos to everyone involved. If we start winning this will do wonders for membership numbers IMO.

Come on, this is so incredibly picky. The timing of recording this footage was most likely in the same week that the new sponsor was announced so we most likely did not have any alternative logos to 'iron on' (never mind the two logos are different dimensions), and we are in a unique situation of having a second jumper available that allows us to not show the defunct major sponsor. What would you do from a marketing perspective?

It's the same team, same players, and we wear the Fitzroy red jumper for half our games anyway, so the odds of seeing more red jumper footage on the show is quite high. Let's move on and support the club.

Lions_Insider well done on the show, I look forward to tuning in. I only hope it's broadcast down Gold Coast way too... because... rivalry and stuff. ;)

Nope. Too late, expensive and hard to pull off. There will still be SOOW on a lot of imagery throughout the year.

Ah well. Would sting more if they were still operational. Stolen publicity isn't going to benefit them now they're broke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back