Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Secondly, about effing time The Lions got something like this together! FTA tv in Brisbane advertising our great club is something that should have been done yonks ago, although if I'm remembering right, wasn't there a Lions segment on tv years ago?

Different markets and level of interest I know, but over in WA, they've had a show called the Western Front for almost 20 years that is just about the WA teams. I think there is something similar to the Western Front in SA too, but this is a great initiative by the Lions.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Different markets and level of interest I know, but over in WA, they've had a show called the Western Front for almost 20 years that is just about the WA teams. I think there is something similar to the Western Front in SA too, but this is a great initiative by the Lions.

There definitely used to be a QLD footy show on 7 covering us and the suns, and I think there was something when we were actually good. From memory it would air on 7mate just before game coverage started.

LionsMaw

Bears/Lions hybrid
Oct 6, 2018
'TERF'ville
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
women
Come on, this is so incredibly picky. The timing of recording this footage was most likely in the same week that the new sponsor was announced so we most likely did not have any alternative logos to 'iron on' (never mind the two logos are different dimensions), and we are in a unique situation of having a second jumper available that allows us to not show the defunct major sponsor. What would you do from a marketing perspective?

It's the same team, same players, and we wear the Fitzroy red jumper for half our games anyway, so the odds of seeing more red jumper footage on the show is quite high. Let's move on and support the club.

Lions_Insider well done on the show, I look forward to tuning in. I only hope it's broadcast down Gold Coast way too... because... rivalry and stuff. ;)

Don't get your panties in a bunch, I just happen to prefer the Home jumper.

T Rick

Premium Platinum
Sep 20, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hey LI - something I have always been curious about: When we play night games at the Gabba, the ball is often very slippery because of the Brisbane humidity - at times it looks like a cake of wet soap. My question is this - do we ever train in these conditions, i.e. under lights at the Gabba to acclimatise to the evening dew/humidity. I realise that we have just secured access to the Gabba for training but I was more thinking about during the season from now on?

T Rick

Premium Platinum
Sep 20, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hey LI - something I have always been curious about: When we play night games at the Gabba, the ball is often very slippery because of the Brisbane humidity - at times it looks like a cake of wet soap. My question is this - do we ever train in these conditions, i.e. under lights at the Gabba to acclimatise to the evening dew/humidity. I realise that we have just secured access to the Gabba for training but I was more thinking about during the season from now on?
Reply to my own post - Clugga in his Lions presser today mentioned that the Lions have some training sessions at night during the pre-season - great to hear!

Reply to my own post - Clugga in his Lions presser today mentioned that the Lions have some training sessions at night during the pre-season - great to hear!
It was Chris Fagan who implemented this in his first year at the club.
There were a few who weren’t particularly happy about the idea but have grown to enjoy it.
Because it is out of the full heat of the day.

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
All off-season we trained Wednesday nights from 4pm. Very similar to the conditions on Saturday.

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
There were a few who weren’t particularly happy about the idea but have grown to enjoy it.
It was actually Leigh Matthews who got in Fages ear about it when he first arrived.

I find it odd that players would be unhappy about it. Surely in the quest to be the best getting practice under game conditions would be high on the list of wants. Especially when it would be a clear advantage over the visiting teams for a lot of humid day, evening and night games during the season.

I find it odd that players would be unhappy about it. Surely in the quest to be the best getting practice under game conditions would be high on the list of wants. Especially when it would be a clear advantage over the visiting teams for a lot of humid day, evening and night games during the season.
It is Human nature for some to be uncertain of a change in routine.

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
Anyone tune in?

I don't have television here LI, so will have to watch it when it comes up on our website.

*edit - Nunez - be online at 7 plus and our website soon, according to our Twitter feed :)

Flossie32

Team Captain
May 28, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
That was terrific! Very easy to watch, I wanted more, was upset when it finished.
Great job Lions

Back