News New (unofficial) anthem

Remove this Banner Ad

May 6, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thanks Daryl and Goo. Let's see what Smithy has in place.

"SORRY Daryl, but that’s the way it’s gonna be, little darling’.

Hawthorn looks set to break with tradition and stop singing Daryl Braithwaite’s hit song ‘The Horses’ after big wins.

The iconic ballad has become synonymous with the Hawks since 2013 as a way to celebrate stirring victories."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...m/news-story/c2a55312690e0dd21971fd1a3a2fd6e5

Maybe we can look at having specific songs for certain teams.

If we beat the very brave *Bombers, maybe 'White Lines (don't do it)' by Grand Master Flash? Not the easiest song to sing by a group of footy players without a synthesizer though.

Maybe we can look at having specific songs for certain teams.

If we beat the very brave *Bombers, maybe 'White Lines (don't do it)' by Grand Master Flash? Not the easiest song to sing by a group of footy players without a synthesizer though.

For the Bombers, how about 'The drugs don't work' by The Verve?

If you ever wanted to hear what our official anthem was based on:

Funny that when he starts getting into it you can't help but sing our words to it. Takes about 1:30 to get into our song.

honestly, should be Only Prettier. Lets face it, it is our club, particularly "we dont have to like eachother but its fun to pretend," given every week there seems to be an article on those pesky hawks...

and "we're just like you, only prettier" :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you ever wanted to hear what our official anthem was based on:

Funny that when he starts getting into it you can't help but sing our words to it. Takes about 1:30 to get into our song.

Yeah, we learnt that tune in Primary (to display my ancientness to one and all). Makes it easy to be a Yank and a Hawks fan - LOL!

The team songs are yet another reason for me to despise Sydney. They use the frickin' Notre Dame fight song. Makes me want to puke!

Another idea playing on the 'one for all and all for one' theme of our team song. Plus it's just a bloody sensational power ballad with one of the best bridges you'll hear.

Maybe the song from 2015 (any minute now the swans will make a comeback) grand final. One of the most covered songs ever. I like this version

SAHB were the Scottish skyhooks. Who copied who?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back