New WAFL Footy Facts Website

Remove this Banner Ad

SITE UPDATE:

Added all players for all games for EF, EP, P, S & WP for 1955-1964, meaning I now have every player for every game for Claremont and Swans since inception, South Fremantle from 1947 and all other teams from 1955. Plus 1906 and 1931-35 for all teams.

I haven’t add all the jumper numbers, that’s a separate task which I’ll complete over summer.

Team lists for 1955-1964 supplied by Steve Davies, WAFL Historian.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all and bring on 2021!

UPDATE: I’ve updated my game preview pages. They do take a few seconds to load, but they are now displaying much better on mobile phones as well as desktops and tablets.

I have updated the links of the preview index page to inclusion a link to the WAFL Team selection page too, so you can get pretty much as the info you need, including the Footy Budget from there and all the round and season stats

Cheers

Ric

PRIZE ANNOUNCEMENT |

The biggest and best WAFL Footy Tipping competition just got better

I have great news, thanks to TopSport we have some additional cash prizes in 2022.

1st prize: Two tickets to the 2022 WAFL Grand Final, a match day Burley Football (thanks to the WAFC) plus $100 cash from TopSport
2nd prize: $100 cash from TopSport
3rd prize: $50 cash from TopSport

We have around 65 tipsters so far, but it would be great to get that number up to 100 or more, so please share the comp with your footy loving mates and get them on board.

Good luck with your tipping and keep an eye out for my exclusive stats previews for every game for the coming round of fixtures on my website.

Join for free at WAFL FootyFacts 2022 WAFL Tipping - Join

Cheers and good luck!

Ric from WAFL FootyFacts

Been sometime since i posted a webpage update here - so here’s an extract from my ‘Site Updates” page for the additions I made to my site in 2023, with more to come in 2024…

1 January 2024​

All Teams - Margins: Added page which lists the records for the biggest winning margins in chronological order.

All Teams > Margins > Biggest Winning Margins (Chronological Order)

1 January 2024​

All Teams - Scores: Added page which lists the records for the highest scores in chronological order.

All Teams > Scores > Highest Scores (Chronological Order)

31 December 2023​

Game Stats: Added a new tab on the Game Stats pages 'Game Notes'. This tab will include league and team records acheived in the game and match reports mainly from Trove and Football Budgets. Where the Game Notes tab is poplulated a comment "See Game Notes" will appear under the result. Only a very small number of games have information in this tab at the moment, but I will expand the games covered over time. Note: The tabs in the Gaem Stats page are not able to be viewed on a mobile phone unless viewed in landscape mode.

Example: West Perth v Rovers in Round 12, 1898

28 December 2023​

Players: All players for all teams added for the 1940, 1941 and 1942 seasons. WAFLFootyFacts now has the full team lists for every WAFL game played since 1947 and for Claremont (1926) and Swan Districts (1934) since inception, along with the 1906 season and from 1926 up to and including 1942!!

Player Records for 1942

13 November 2023​

Streaks & Sequences: Expanded the all teams streaks page to display bigger range of streaks and more results for each type of streak.

All Teams > Streaks & Sequences

8 November 2023​

Players: All players for all teams added for the 1939 season. WAFLFootyFacts now has the full team lists for every WAFL game played since 1947 and for Claremont (1926) and Swan Districts (1934) since inception, along with the 1906 season and from 1926 up to and including 1939!!

Player Records for 1939

6 November 2023​

Game stats: Added jumper numbers for 2000-2004 seasons. Also added player stats for 2001 - 2004 from the stats listed in the Football Budget which had the top 10 or so players from each team from the previous round. Not all games, or teams provided stats for all games played.

Example of new data added in 2002 2002 Player Statistics

Correction: Corrected the East Fremantle team list for round 14, 2005 which had included three players, Harry Taylor, James Davies and Shane Thorne, who did not play in the game. Added Brett Peake, David Dwyer and Nic Chidgzey who did play. Original team list taken from WAFL website which has been confirmed by Steve Davies and Greg Wardell-Johnson as being incorrect.

East Fremantle v West Perth, round 14, 2005

26 October 2023​

Players: Added page to the player records section which lists the most players to play in a game with the same surname.

Most Players With Same Surname (Both Teams)

3 October 2023​

Teams: Page added to the Teams pages displaying all players by season in a grid format, to go along with the list view already availble. The data displays the games played by each player for the selected team per round for the selected season including WAFL and other games such as national league games and the number of goals the player scored in the game.

Example for Claremont Teams > Claremont > Player Statistics > All Players - By Season - Grid View

12 September 2023​

Players: An additional three pages added to the Player > Sandover Medal page. You can now view the total votes for each team by season, along with the most votes by a team in a single season fof both the 5-4-3-2-1 and 3-2-1 counts.

Players > Medals > Sandover Medal

6 August 2023​

Ladders: Page added to display how many teams have held each ladder position during a season (since 1898).

Ladders > Number of Teams That Have Held Ladder Positions in a Season

26 July 2023​

Player Records: Page added to player records section which lists active players (players that have played at least one game in current season) win loss records against each opponent.

Player Records > All Active Players - Win Loss Records

23 July 2023​

Season Records All Seasons > Margins: Added tables displaying the absolute margins by teams and overall for each season.

See example of 1915 season Seasons > All Seasons > Absolute Margins Table By Team

See example of 1915 season Seasons > All Seasons > Overall Margins Table By Season

3 July 2023​

Seasons: Tables displaying the most number of times a team has won and lost all four quarters of a game.

Seasons > All Seasons > Won All Four Quarters

Seasons > All Seasons > Lost All Four Quarters

27 June 2023​

Ladders > Points: Tables for points for, against and differential by round and number of games played added to the Ladders section.

Ladders > Points

26 June 2023​

Most Individual Goal Kickers For a Team in a Game: Added the most individual goal kickers For a team in a Game to the individual game team stats page.

Teams > All Teams > Individual Game Team Stats

21 May 2023​

Team Records > Margins: Added winning and losing margin charts on the All Teams margin records page.

Teams > All Teams > Margin Records > Table

20 May 2023​

Season Records > Margins: Added winning and losing margin charts and included listings of games resulted by a forfeit or protest on the margin records page for each season.

See example of 1915 season Seasons > 1915 > Margin Records

18 May 2023​

Player Records: Added new pages, which display the players who have won and lost the most consecutive games.

Most Consecutive Wins: Player Records > Most Consecutive Wins

Most Consecutive Losses: Player Records > Most Consecutive Losses

11 May 2023​

All Seasons: Added new pages, which display in a table the winning and losing margins for each team for each season within 10 point ranges, 1-9 points up to 90-99 points and 100 points or more.

Winning Margins: All Seasons > Records > Winning Margins Table

Losing Margins: All Seasons > Records > Losing Margins Table

9 May 2023​

Player Details > Season Summary: Extending what I added in November 2022, I've now indicated if the player was listed by West Coast or Fremantle during the season in the Season Summary tab in the Player Details page.

Example: Hugh Dixon

1 May 2023​

Ladders > Percentages: Added a page to show the most number of teams on the ladder after a round of fixtures with a percentage of 100 or more, and another with the most teams on the ladder with a percentage below 100.

Percentages over 100

Percentages under 100

22 March 2023​

Venues > Player Career Records: Added the list of the players to have played in the most wins and losses at each venue.

Eg: Claremont Oval

25 February 2023​

Scores & Results: Corrected the order that games appear on the season scores and results pages for 1939, 1946 and 1951. This was required as games where played out of sequence from their allocated round number due to teams travelling over east thorughout the seasons, meaning games needed to be rescheduled to accomodate their travels. These were games intially missed in my update on 15 August 2022.

Season Scores and Results for 1946

20 February 2023​

Players: All players for all teams added for the 1938 season. WAFLFootyFacts now has the full team lists for every WAFL game played since 1947 and for Claremont (1926) and Swan Districts (1934) since inception, along with the 1906 season and from 1926 up to and including 1938!!

Player Records for 1938

15 January 2023​

Players: All players for all teams added for the 1929 and 1930 seasons. WAFLFootyFacts now has the full team lists for every WAFL game played since 1947 and for Claremont (1926) and Swan Districts (1934) since inception, along with the 1906 season and from 1926 up to and including 1937!!

Player Records for 1929

Player Records for 1930

Remove this Banner Ad

Back