• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 20, 2014
Brunch
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa
I have been wondering what people thought of the new white background on the club website. I understand the website is run by Crocmedia. They don't have a problem with it. I do.

After fighting the jumper colours of charcoal and mustard for so long, we now have a website that is white.

What are peoples thoughts?

#yellowandblack

I didn't even notice :huh:

I like the black and yellow better, but I don't mind the white either. Not too fussed.

Black back can make text hard to read. Esp on mobile devices where glare can be an issue.

My issue with the website however Isnt the colour, its the horrid template

RFC_Official can you update us on the status of who owns/designs our template, and what flexibilty (if any) we get?

My issue is it is a sheer info vomit. There are so many links, vids, and menus, nothing stands out except the main display link. The overwhelming amount of data makes nothing stand out, and just creates a mass of visual noise - to the point where its not a pleasant site to come to.

Also the menu system of the mobile version is baffling. Some menu options you have to access via the desktop menu option. Why? It means some options are not immediately visible/available, and you only find them if you think to check the desktop menu option. How many people dont realise this?

A website should be a portal to establishing a relationship and communications link with our fans. Our current website doesnt engage or encourage this. I know historically there has been little flexibility to change this because of the telstra deal. Has this changed with croc?

no problem for mine. White makes it look cleaner, I agree with rfctiger75 that it's overloaded with crap and needs a bit of a tidy up to make it more enticing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Black back can make text hard to read. Esp on mobile devices where glare can be an issue.

My issue with the website however Isnt the colour, its the horrid template

RFC_Official can you update us on the status of who owns/designs our template, and what flexibilty (if any) we get?

My issue is it is a sheer info vomit. There are so many links, vids, and menus, nothing stands out except the main display link. The overwhelming amount of data makes nothing stand out, and just creates a mass of visual noise - to the point where its not a pleasant site to come to.

Also the menu system of the mobile version is baffling. Some menu options you have to access via the desktop menu option. Why? It means some options are not immediately visible/available, and you only find them if you think to check the desktop menu option. How many people dont realise this?

A website should be a portal to establishing a relationship and communications link with our fans. Our current website doesnt engage or encourage this. I know historically there has been little flexibility to change this because of the telstra deal. Has this changed with croc?
just found out apparently a telstra design, croc just content. I've been to a couple of other sites. Carlton has blue background, white fill. Hawks, brown back, white fill, Crows same. Just a bit soft for me

Perhaps the side/background banners should be yellow and black, since there's no text on them?

The central section is the only part that needs to be white for text-reading purposes.
thank you, this is what I was trying to say with other club sites. Don't mind white in the middle, but banners /side etc yellow and black

just found out apparently a telstra design, croc just content. I've been to a couple of other sites. Carlton has blue background, white fill. Hawks, brown back, white fill, Crows same. Just a bit soft for me

My understanding is under the telstra deal we have to use the telstra template, with a small amount of options given by telstra for customization

Stig 1.0 said due to the clubs frustrations with the template that the club was working to push as much content as possible into portals it had more control over. Nit sure if this attitude continues with stig 2.0

We don't want to rock the afl/ Telstra boat, let's face it the club was happy with mustard and grey instead of gold and black

We don't want to rock the afl/ Telstra boat, let's face it the club was happy with mustard and grey instead of gold and black

We have no option, the afl sold the rights for all club websites years ago, before clubs had any idea how big the whole net thing would be.

The only exception was efc, because they had a pre existing deal with 3. When this finished however the afl forced them to hand em over.

Afl ultimately want to move to streaming content via an afl owned online media outlet. Clubs owning their own sites would dilute their ability to do this, so the afl will never let clubs control these portals completely

We have no option, the afl sold the rights for all club websites years ago, before clubs had any idea how big the whole net thing would be.

The only exception was efc, because they had a pre existing deal with 3. When this finished however the afl forced them to hand em over.

Afl ultimately want to move to streaming content via an afl owned online media outlet. Clubs owning their own sites would dilute their ability to do this, so the afl will never let clubs control these portals completely
F that's the case why is the druggies red and black?

And Norffc.com.au us blue and white

F that's the case why is the druggies red and black?

As already posted, clubs can have some elements customized. Id assume colour is one of them.

In terms of why the change, we havent been told so its purely speculation. White with dark font is easier to read than dark with light font, so this is just my guess.

Back