Prediction New whipping boy?

New whipping boy?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

George is a gun. One of the first picked for me, week in week out.

I hope he can kick closer to 60% and bag himself 30-40 goals for the year.

Besides that there are very few players who give as much as he does.

No. 1 for tackles inside 50
No. 2 for marks inside 50
No. 3 for goals
Equal No. 3 for tackles
No. 4 for inside-50s
No. 4 for score involvements
No 2 for marks inside 50!!! - yes he was our number two marking forward inside 50 across the year. Unbelievable.

Very impressive stats.

And they should also be tracking stats for bamboozles, he'd be miles in front of anyone.

No need for a whipping boy.....I thought that the GF was an awesome example of how the whole team can contribute, there really was no weak link.

There is no other team that can boast that!!!!

There has to be a whipping boy for some/many posters. They have to be upset that some player is getting games, despite not being a multiple Brownlow medalist and winning games off their own boot.

It'll be Short, just because. Many keyboard warriors see him as a waste, despite him being very important to our game. He just does easy stuff like being in the right place at the right time and kicking it 60m accurately. Anyone can do that - just ask Stevie J.

It'll be Short, just because. Many keyboard warriors see him as a waste, despite him being very important to our game. He just does easy stuff like being in the right place at the right time and kicking it 60m accurately. Anyone can do that - just ask Stevie J.

if you dont rate short there fore you must be a keyboard warrior

like ellis and grigg before him

An updated list with justification and anticipated criticisms:

1. RCD - the coach comparing him to Dangerfield after an intraclub match makes him an easy target. Expectations are high. The whips will be out if he doesn’t debut this season.

2. Short - a bit of a squib and no defensive bone in his body. The rightful Ellis replacement and already has a whipping boy brigade on here.

3. Balta - currently a brainless footballer with elite athletic traits. Will frustrate the s**t out of many this season.

4. Castagna - absolute momentum killer. Inexcusable set shot misses. Turnover merchant. Need I say more?

5. Rioli - had a very good second season and has regressed after getting injured. Lots of speculation he was distracted by Fev’s daughter last season. Has no excuse now but to have a huge season.

6. Naish - will fly under the radar a bit but won’t get many games this season then the pitch forks will be out. Been in the system two years now and hasn’t shown much.

7. Chol - extremely raw and lazy. Another one who will tease regularly.

8. Markov - should never have gotten a two year extension. Has had more than enough time. “Dud, delist”.

9. McIntosh - should be much higher on this list but for some reason is a protected species and a no go zone for some of the residents on here. Ordinary footballer and has rightfully dropped down the pecking order.

10. Graham - doesn’t rack up enough possessions and is very vanilla. Needs to often more in attack.

Dark horse: Caddy

1. RCD - the coach comparing him to Dangerfield after an intraclub match makes him an easy target. Expectations are high. The whips will be out if he doesn’t debut this season.

2. Short - a bit of a squib and no defensive bone in his body. The rightful Ellis replacement and already has a whipping boy brigade on here.

3. Balta - currently a brainless footballer with elite athletic traits. Will frustrate the s**t out of many this season.

4. Castagna - absolute momentum killer. Inexcusable set shot misses. Turnover merchant. Need I say more?

5. Rioli - had a very good second season and has regressed after getting injured. Lots of speculation he was distracted by Fev’s daughter last season. Has no excuse now but to have a huge season.

6. Naish - will fly under the radar a bit but won’t get many games this season then the pitch forks will be out. Been in the system two years now and hasn’t shown much.

8. Markov - should never have gotten a two year extension. Has had more than enough time. “Dud, delist”.

9. McIntosh - should be much higher on this list but for some reason is a protected species and a no go zone for some of the residents on here. Ordinary footballer and has rightfully dropped down the pecking order.

10. Graham - doesn’t rack up enough possessions and is very vanilla. Needs to often more in attack.

Missing Rance - weird selfish dude who put his own life, and his wife's in front of his team mates and more importantly us the supporters. Strip him of his Premiership medal and a spell on Manus Island converting wretched refugees to the faith would do him no harm.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me, the whipping boy was and always will be Corey Ellis ;)
Now c'mon, the boy is an absolute jet and pure silk.
One more pre-season, I hear you say?? Elite ball user??
I miss the days of two posters, in particular, giving a 'War and Peace' length synopsis of his stats three times a week (not to mention the fact he must be an absolute gun because he was a grand final emergency alongside Hampson - thank goodness we didn't have to play either of them).
The lad ios certainly making me eat my words.
Look forward to his Brownlow win this season ;)

if you dont rate short there fore you must be a keyboard warrior

like ellis and grigg before him

Look anyone who has a different opinion to me is wrong. And stating it in an aggressive and blunt way without taking in account any complexities is the BF way.

You got a problem with that?

:cool:

Love the top 11 on the (*)hit list.
2, 4, 5 are locks in the side and do magical shyte that mug punters like me can't comprehend. 10 & 11 are great players. Will they be overtaken? 1, 3, 6, 7, are works in progress. And at least 8, 9 are clogging up the senior 22. Kmac was going OK at training pre injury & Chol's marks in the Marshland Cup games were strong, I wouldn't mind trying to turn him into a KPD.

For me, the whipping boy was and always will be Corey Ellis ;)
Now c'mon, the boy is an absolute jet and pure silk.
One more pre-season, I hear you say?? Elite ball user??
I miss the days of two posters, in particular, giving a 'War and Peace' length synopsis of his stats three times a week (not to mention the fact he must be an absolute gun because he was a grand final emergency alongside Hampson - thank goodness we didn't have to play either of them).
The lad ios certainly making me eat my words.
Look forward to his Brownlow win this season ;)
dead horse.gif

Definitely Chol for me. Such poor hands for a big man and he refused to split packs. Can't keep using the excuse that he's raw when he's in his fourth year.

I thought this was the AFL whipping boy not the VFL whipping boy.

I dont think we will see much of him in the seniors this year unless Soldo and Nankervis are both unavailable.

Really wanted him to make it and still do but not really showing much.

Phil Cleary coached Brandon Ellis as a junior at West Coburg. He says that Brandon copped several concussions as a junior footballer. Those who call him weak and a squib ought to be aware of this. Just let him be...

you cant know everything about every player

he is not a richmond player any more so almost everyone will let it go now & wish him great luck

2 premiership at the end of the day hes a good feller

Will be any and all of Shai, baker, Rioli, short and Higgins

Short, Low possession players who have big gaps between their best and worst - easy kills for those who read the stats sheet and don’t watch the game 😏

George's player highlights / stats on the club website.

Richmond rankings

No. 1 for tackles inside 50

No. 2 for marks inside 50

No. 3 for goals

Equal No. 3 for tackles

No. 4 for inside-50s

No. 4 for score involvements

No 2 for marks inside 50!!! - yes he was our number two marking forward inside 50 across the year. Unbelievable.

Very impressive stats.

And they should also be tracking stats for bamboozles, he'd be miles in front of anyone.
He’d also be high up in the amount of blatant unforced errors which leads to turn overs . Which in turn not only in the modern game does it often lead to momentum swing and the opposition having it in their forward line , it’s also what sees George annoy the * out of supporters and why he should and will hold the mantle of #1 whipping boy.

Back