New Year wish

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s everyone’s New Year’s wish for our team?

Taken from AFL website New Year’s resolutions piece:

Geelong's entry to that article;

Geelong

It was clear to see the Cats needed a key forward to support Tom Hawkins. Josh Jenkins has shown at Adelaide that he's more than capable of hitting the scoreboard and providing an attacking threat. He had an up and down season last year at the Crows, but a change of scenery gives him the perfect opportunity to restart his career.

Dunno about everyone else but I thought we'd already found a key forward to back Hawk up, one with height, a bloody good leap and a safe pair of hands.

Esava Ratugolea.

Geelong's entry to that article;

Dunno about everyone else but I thought we'd already found a key forward to back Hawk up, one with height, a bloody good leap and a safe pair of hands.

Esava Ratugolea.
True enough. I see Josh as insurance, but also maybe a bit of competition for SavRat.
Nothing like the fear of losing your spot to spur you onto better things.

I'm wishing for a more balanced team to be selected each week, with 6-7 defenders maximum. More run added into the team and to play more direct and up tempo.

I’ve a few wishes (in order of importance):

1. One of our young mids lifts and becomes or shows potential to become an A+ mid. Looking at parfitt, constable or narkle - even CS showing crazy good quality is included in this Wish

2. Scott to not overthink and just play the players in preferred positions with a free flowing game plan that makes the most of having 2 of the best contested marking forwards in the game.. and not too many defenders in the team.. play an actual wingman on the wing and leave blitz fb

3. Cockatoo to play 20 games and reach potential

4. Play a recognised ruck, especially in finals.. But not esava, let him develop as our CHF

5. West Coast to have a shocking year and not make finals

My wishes.Two wins in the H/A against Hawthorn,wins after the bye and the break following the end of home and away,Jerker Jenkins, Jack Steven and Cocky to finish top 10 in the Carji,a strong finals showing.Bring it on.
If we get 2 wins over the Hawks then we also somewhat get over our post bye hoodoo - our second game against them is post bye

Win round 4 and 13 and all our dreams come true :)

My main wish is win lose or draw we perform to our full potential when it counts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can put up with Brian,I find women calling footy cringe worth,sorry girls but that's just me,same with the cricket now so I'm fighting a losing battle I know.

for me its about their chops on the game. I listened to Meg Lanning and Eleyse Perry talking about cricket when the blokes were playing for about 30 mins one time and they were as good as listneing to Warne, Junior and Punter. I had no issues as what they were talking about tactically, systematically and technically was great stuff. Loved it. The fluffy interviews where they trot out Kath whaterver her name is at tea and lunch you can keep. Not needed for mine.

As for AFL, same rules apply.

As I see it - if they know the game well and can talk about it anyone can do it.

But please dont turn this thread into a male/female ability thing - (YPO you were not)

GO Catters

Didn't mind the chick who was calling when Bartel kicked the point to beat the Hawks. She sounded real into it.
Love the English bird who's on the horse races too. She is bloody excellent.
But I also like BT. Except when he accuses Miers of taking a dive. That was low.
Bruce is an absolute joke doing the footy. Has been for a long time too.

I want to see us play a more direct and faster movement style at the start of the year with plenty of younger players providing plenty of contribution, AND STICKING WITH IT, not reverting back to 12 defenders, same old veterans and slowing the style down.

I'm wondering who that might be, seeing as you have delisted all but 5 players?
Miers will carry our forward hopes
Stewart is going to be patrolling the backline
And I'm guessing Blicavs in the ruck since we don't seem to have any other ruck option from our 5 listed players

- Cockatoo to play 17+ games and remind us of his ability
- Well deserved Brownlow #2 for Dangerfield
- Blicavs to play the entire season at FB and never be forced into the ruck or onto the wing *shudder*
- Miers and Clark to avoid the second year blues
- Jack Steven to play 22 games + finals and make the AA squad, top 3 Carji finish
- Don't lose to Richmond or Hawthorn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back