2017 resolutions:
1. I will not laugh Port when they miss the finals again
2. I will not make anymore resolutions I can't keep...starting from...now
3. Scrap resolution 1.

I promise not to:

-Attempt to understand any of Jenny's posts

-Reminisce about the days I'd get carded every other week

-Read only Sanders' posts after a loss

-Quote my own posts with a snide "I told you so" meme attached to them (I'll still quote them, just without the meme)

-Laugh every time she asks to stay the night

What are you trying to kill me? ;)
Mate, I weaned myself off sugar 20 years ago, only thing I use "sweetener" on now is on my weet-bix and then I use only a sprinkle of Stevia which is a natural sweetener containing almost no calories. Can't stand tea or coffee nowadays with added sugar or sweeteners.

Mate, I weaned myself off sugar 20 years ago, only thing I use "sweetener" on now is on my weet-bix and then I use only a sprinkle of Stevia which is a natural sweetener containing almost no calories. Can't stand tea or coffee nowadays with added sugar or sweeteners.

My old mans on the Stevia, the only problem I've found with the stevia is it tastes like s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If your coffee needs sugar, it ain't worth drinking.

I promise not to:-

Hang an excessive amount of crap on James Hird and Essendon.
Make too much fun of my Port-supporting husband when Adelaide knocks them off in both Showdowns in season 2017.
Get my hopes up too high if we're sitting in the top 4 come the business end of the home and away rounds.

Cutting out sugar will be the best thing you have ever done for your body.

I know right but it's like 80% of my diet. Right now I'm just trying to eliminate processed sugars so I'm avoiding chocolate, take-away food etc.

I'm not sure I could totally eliminate sugar though. That would mean not eating fruit.

I know right but it's like 80% of my diet. Right now I'm just trying to eliminate processed sugars so I'm avoiding chocolate, take-away food etc.

I'm not sure I could totally eliminate sugar though. That would mean not eating fruit.

My understanding (limited, so someone more knowledgeable might comment) is that fructose from fruit acts much more slowly in the system than refined sugar--fruit juice is the no no as you get the fructose hit without the fibre to slow it down. I was diagnosed with diabetes 2 last April, so I've been on an almost sugar-free and low carb diet--carbs are synthesised into sugar in your system.
The differences this has made to my general health are marked. I've always been a lap swimmer, 50 x 2 times weekly and walked a lot. Now I'm doing that combined with a gym session and a hydrotherapy session, both with personal trainer. I'm thinking or running the mile in the Masters Games in March.
You don't want to live a life of foody misery, the occasional biscuit or bit of chocky, beer or glass of wine doesn't hurt.

Last edited:

I gave up sugar in coffee very easily, but I need my tea sweet and strong.

I gave up sugar in coffee very easily, but I need my tea sweet and strong.
I don't drink coffee.

Good black tea just needs milk for me.

Green tea I usually have with fresh lime juice & honey.

My understanding (limited, so someone more knowledgeable might comment) is that fructose from fruit acts much more slowly in the system than refined sugar--fruit juice is the no no as you get the fructose hit without the fibre to slow it down. I was diagnosed with diabetes 2 last April, so I've been on an almost sugar-free and low carb diet--carbs are synthesised into sugar in your system.
The differences this has made to my general health are marked. I've always been a lap swimmer, 50 x 2 times weekly and walked a lot. Now I'm doing that combined with a gym session and a hydrotherapy session, both with personal trainer. I'm thinking or running the mile in the Masters Games in March.
You don't want to live a life of foody misery, the occasional biscuit or bit of chocky, beer or glass of wine doesn't hurt.
Pretty spot on. Fruit should be eaten, not drunk. You may as well drink Fanta than fruit juice.

I would rather sugar than sweetener. bleggh

I have cut most of my sugars back to the bone. 1 in coffee or tea, none on the cereal, no lollies. Don't think I could ever get to the point of drinking tea or coffee without a sugar
I got rid of coffee with sugar easily. I used to do 1 spoon, then went a week with 3/4 of a spoon, next week with 1/2 spoon etc. Now i cant stand coffee with sugar. You need the right coffee though, and if it's crap without sugar, it is probably from a white tin claiming to be from multiple o/s countries

Remove this Banner Ad

Back