Teams New York Giants - The G-Men

Remove this Banner Ad

100%

Your GM is awful. I should know.

Some scary facts about Jerry

Of his 64 draft picks, only 3 have ever signed a second deal. 1 of those is the current long snapper who hasn't played a defensive snap in over 2 years
No first round pick has ever resigned a 2nd deal

Of our roster of 53 this year, only 17 of them are his draft picks, 90% of which were in the last 3 years, 1 of them Hakeem Nicks

Hes currently ranked last in the NFL for success rate for end of draft picks (6,7), and non skill players

And thats before you begin to consider how he dismantled the super bowl winning side within 2 years and how badly he has botched free agency

Absolutely stealing a living on our refusal to sack a gm and his picks of Bradshaw and Beckham

Some scary facts about Jerry

Of his 64 draft picks, only 3 have ever signed a second deal. 1 of those is the current long snapper who hasn't played a defensive snap in over 2 years
No first round pick has ever resigned a 2nd deal

Of our roster of 53 this year, only 17 of them are his draft picks, 90% of which were in the last 3 years, 1 of them Hakeem Nicks

Hes currently ranked last in the NFL for success rate for end of draft picks (6,7), and non skill players

And thats before you begin to consider how he dismantled the super bowl winning side within 2 years and how badly he has botched free agency

Absolutely stealing a living on our refusal to sack a gm and his picks of Bradshaw and Beckham
1st round draft picks 'never resigned'
Ross - If not for injury, would have been resigned, after ACL third year never the same and not worth keeping around.
Phillips - Highly talented safety, career lost to freak injury.
Nicks - Chased the money, after stellar early career, again never the same after freak leg injuries and a prudent non-signing.
JPP - Should have been the year to resign and he blew off his hand in a freakishly stupid occurrence.
Amukamara - Yet to play out 5 years, didn't look great this year but accounted to lack of game fitness.
Wilson - Career lost to freak injury, showed bursts of talent to go along with rookie blues. Widely regarded as an obvious go-to pick due to player dropping.
Pugh - Yet to play out 5 years
OBJ - Yet to play out 5 years
Flowers - Yet to play out 5 years.

But yes, lets blame Reese for the obvious voodoo he's placed on our team, causing these freak injuries. Really only two there who were up for grabs and who were both key players in SB wins before moving teams.

His real problem is the desire to grab small school specials in the 4-7th rounds. I don't give a s**t about lack of starting time to 6th/7th round picks though.

Giants hired Martin Mayhew as director of football operations/special projects.

Mayhew served as the Lions general manager for eight seasons before being fired last November. He was passed over for the Titans and Browns general manager jobs this offseason. The Giants are attempting to rebuild their personnel department after fielding one of the worst rosters in the league last season.

Source: Giants.com

USA Today's Giants Wire reports impending free agent DE Jason Pierre-Paul (hand) is "unlikely" to re-sign with New York.

A source told USA Today's Kristian Dyer "all signs point toward the Giants letting Pierre-Paul test free agency" and that "as of right now he isn’t going to be returning." Giants Wire is not usually a Rotoworld source and the report does not make definitive statements, but it would make sense if the Giants are indeed ready to move on. All things considered, Pierre-Paul played extremely well after returning to the lineup last season, but the injured hand clearly limited his ability to finish plays. It is possible another surgery and an offseason of rehab will get JPP back closer to his former self, but the Giants likely do not want to shell out big money on a long-term deal. That said, the Giants would almost certainly be willing to re-sign JPP to a team-friendly deal if he finds a cold market.

Source: Giants Wire

Former Giants coach Tom Coughlin admits the team forced him into his "resignation" after the season.

"Hey, do I agree with the move? Of course not," Coughlin said. "It hurts. It hurts. Former is not a good word. I don’t like the word but that’s the way it is." It was pretty clear in the days after Coughlin's announcement that he still had the itch to keep coaching, and that the resignation wasn't completely his idea. The 69-year-old still says he has a desire to be a head coach.
Related: Giants

Source: New York Daily News

Former Giants coach Tom Coughlin admits the team forced him into his "resignation" after the season.

"Hey, do I agree with the move? Of course not," Coughlin said. "It hurts. It hurts. Former is not a good word. I don’t like the word but that’s the way it is." It was pretty clear in the days after Coughlin's announcement that he still had the itch to keep coaching, and that the resignation wasn't completely his idea. The 69-year-old still says he has a desire to be a head coach.
Related: Giants

Source: New York Daily News
I really hope it was the right decision. Was Tom really the problem?

Thompson could be fun to watch.

Though, he could be frustrating for a Giant fan....

Will be a highlight reel, but there will be those moments where you just shake your head at him ****ing up his coverage.

Yeah he and Apple both penalty worries as well, really like Sheppard pick, kid could be anything

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2-0 fellas.

DemandingRequiredAmericankestrel-size_restricted.gif

McAdoo is a disaster. As expected. What I didnt expect is for him to move completely away from what he found successful the last 2 years. I guess when Jerry doesnt address the O-Line 3 years later, what can you do. Jerry needs to be the first to go end of the year

I blame Jerry Reese and a lesser extent, ownership, for all the short comings of this team. He ignored specific positions in the draft/FA for years because of mis-management of the cap, over paying veterans and keeping players one year too long, then constantly missing and whiffing on players in the draft. Then because if his failings after 2012 and the lack of depth we have, and the possibility of losing his job this off-season, he spends over 200 million in contracts mostly on defence, and we only have 4 sacks on the year and Rodgers had 5-6 seconds per play to throw the ball yesterday. Ownership is at fault because they didn't make wholesale changes including firing Reese and by firing Coach Coughlin, they blame him for the failings of this team, the HC can only do what he can with the players he's given. He took 2 teams to win SB years apart with a rosters that people would agree is not a SB winning one. Reese hasn't done anything since the 2007 draft. FIRE JERRY REESE.

Strap yourself in and feel the blues.

ffG12P9.jpg

can you explain to me like i'm a 5 year old why Eli Manning isn't playing so well? before i started watching american football (a whole fortnight ago) i knew he was some sort of superstar quarterback and had been playing quite well a season or two ago, but the games I've watched he's quite conservative.

can you explain to me like i'm a 5 year old why Eli Manning isn't playing so well? before i started watching american football (a whole fortnight ago) i knew he was some sort of superstar quarterback and had been playing quite well a season or two ago, but the games I've watched he's quite conservative.

Historically, Eli doesn't always start the regular season well. Mind you this season is looking like a different kind of beast. Unfortunately for us, our problems at QB aren't really squarely on Eli. Our O-line is giving Eli an average of about 2.5 seconds to find a target and throw. Even if we had Tom Brady under centre, that is just not long enough to read the defensive coverage and make a play. The problem is further compounded when we offer up a far from stellar RB corps to relieve pressure on the QB, half of that subpar RB group is also injured.

From the games I've watched this season, we really need a new Left Tackle (they block defenders from rushing the QB on his "blindside").

We have arguably the best WR group in the NFL and a serviceable QB, however it's the parts around him (O-Line, RB and to a lesser extent, TE) that need to start working for us to be producing more on offense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back