Teams New York Giants - The G-Men

nahnah

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jones could end up ok, but I think they should still draft one if one is there. Just in case. Or, draft a 3rd rnd QB to merely push Jones to be better. If you draft one too high, you're beholden to make him your focus moving forward.
Mike Glennon is QB1

GG.exe

Killer on the Road ™
Sep 6, 2005
In every girl's wet dream ℠
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
St.George
Giants GM Dave Gettleman insisted he's tried to trade back in previous drafts.
"I've tried! I've tried to trade back," Gettleman responded when asked about the "urban myth" — his words — that he won't trade back. "But it's got to be value. I'm not getting fleeced." He can say all he wants, but the fact he's never sought value and completed a deal in eight years suggests otherwise. He also said the team's "biggest direction" in finding the type of players they're looking for is with linebackers, in particular those with "versatility" and "two-way go." The team could land just that with the No. 11 overall pick this year.
SOURCE: Dan Duggan on Twitter
Apr 22, 2021, 12:46 PM ET

nahnah

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
No o-line? Must have a lot of confidence in the guys drafted last season. I think you did smart trades for future though if Dimes flops this coming season you have ammo to go get a top qb next year.

The Flying Belgian

Third Tall
May 5, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NYGiants|Posh|Blazers
No o-line? Must have a lot of confidence in the guys drafted last season. I think you did smart trades for future though if Dimes flops this coming season you have ammo to go get a top qb next year.
Yep, probably the one query from the draft, that otherwise was pretty impressive. From the little I know about salary cap, there can be issues down the line drafting two players of the same position (after Thomas last year), so maybe that came into it. Maybe they're got their eye on a potential free agent. Maybe they saw enough development in Thomas and co towards the last half of the year to not think it was necessary. Maybe they just didn't rate any of the options later on - it does seem to be a position where you don't get value on day 3 of the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad