Teams New York Giants - The G-Men

I've always wondered why he doesn't fight to have more white athletes playing on NFL rosters? Considering the NFL is predominantly made up of black players
to busy fighting for a black owner to jump on board

I've always wondered why he doesn't fight to have more white athletes playing on NFL rosters? Considering the NFL is predominantly made up of black players

He got Carmelo Anthony a job, he's done his good deed/charitable act. 😜

to busy fighting for a black owner to jump on board

Too busy sucking up to Jay-Z and in turn, Goodell, for that motive anymore.

The bloke has a foot in so many different holes it's hard to keep up.

At this stage the mock drafts are indicating two likely scenarios for our first pick: (a) picking one of about 4 OT's ranked similar or (b) picking Isaiah Simmons (LB). Tend to think Gettleman will go OT, but they might also think that with the OT class being reasonably deep in this draft, we might be able to pick what's left in the second round. God knows we need a few, but that goes for lots of positions on the ground. Ideal scenario for mine is trading back a little to gain some more picks.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
If I were the giants I would look at trading down with a team that wants Tua, if not then I would draft the best OT.
Rest of the draft I would focus on defense, maybe the pick in the 30’s go for pass rush or a FS. Also probably pick up a WR later.
Giants should sign a corner in free agency.

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
Looks more than likely we will take Simmons which I like.
I feel like we will regret it if we pass on him.
OT makes sense but I just have a bad feeling if we pass on Simmons

Still think it'll will be a guy who can play RT. For all talk about selecting the best player available, it doesn't always make sense to do that. We've signed a few guys who will help the defence, but only one tackle in Fleming who really isn't someone you'd bank on playing that position. We also need help at LT and Guard one both sides too.

Simmons wouldn't upset me greatly, but #4 is a steep price to pay for a guy who may be a jack-of-all-trades in defence but a master of none, especially when we have glaring needs elsewhere.

Andrew Thomas a really solid pick for an OT. Prior to the combine was the highest rated tackle available. The others got elevated for their athleticism, but tackle isn’t a position where speed matters so much.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Giants selected Georgia OT Andrew Thomas with the No. 4 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft.
Thomas (6’5"/315) started all three seasons in his time at Georgia, garnering All-American honors as a true freshman at right tackle before taking home back-to-back first-team All-SEC privileges in his final two years after moving to left tackle as a sophomore. Pro Football Focus' No. 3 offensive tackle among 249 qualifiers last year, Thomas remains very technical in pass protection, allowing five sacks on 1,021 pass-blocking snaps across 41 career games, all the while showcasing the nastiness to excel in run-blocking as early as Week 1. The 21-year-old profiles as an opening day starter and potential jack-of-all-trades Pro Bowler for years to come. The Giants may slide LT Nate Solder to right tackle in 2020

Good draft so far.
Yep, loving the foundation on the OL, hoping for a quasi Cowboys scenario with power up front and Barkley controlling games.
Love the addition to safety, round it out with a WR and CB, DL signing maybe.

McKinney is probably a slightly lesser version of Isaiah Simmons so excellent value there. Peart sounds a bit like a boom or bust pick, but whatever, risks are ok when you go safe with the other two picks.

Probably would like to see a pass rusher. Wouldn't surprise to see a back-up QB picked at some stage. I don't think CB is as big a need as others - harsh to judge Baker off one year.

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
Anyone know where to get this beanie?
906FA5D4-3545-4396-90A9-D7F1C9712E52.png

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Giants coach Joe Judge said the offense will be “similarly based” off what OC Jason Garrett ran in Dallas.

That is potentially bad news for the Giants' offense. Before Cowboys OC Kellen Moore revitalized the offense last season, Dallas annually had one of the slowest-paced and run-heaviest offenses under Garrett's watch. If he doesn't make adjustments to what he was running in the early and mid-2010s, then the Giants' ceiling will be capped despite having one of the best skill-position groups in the NFL. Saquon Barkley, Evan Engram, Golden Tate, Sterling Shepard, and Darius Slayton have the potential to hide a lot of Daniel Jones' weaknesses in 2020 as long as Garrett can keep up with modern times. Garrett hasn't called plays since 2012.

Related:

Source: Kimberly Jones on Twitter

May 12, 2020, 7:10 PM ET

McKinney is probably a slightly lesser version of Isaiah Simmons so excellent value there. Peart sounds a bit like a boom or bust pick, but whatever, risks are ok when you go safe with the other two picks.

Probably would like to see a pass rusher. Wouldn't surprise to see a back-up QB picked at some stage. I don't think CB is as big a need as others - harsh to judge Baker off one year.
Nah, definitely needed to pick up another CB.

wagz

Rookie
May 7, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Baker was a bust long before he robbed people at gun point, no loss. Sign Logan Ryan.
Like what they did with the OLine in the draft but the defense needs to be addressed next year

Back