Suspended
Oct 8, 2004
Newcastle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Pies,Bulls,Liverpool,AUFC
New York Football Giants

Now im no expert at NFL but I love the game read a lot of the US papers online and get right into the NFL but to me the Giants look to of done a great job this off-season and look like the team to beat in the NFC.

Eli Manning improved so much last year if he can continue that development he may become the better Manning if thats possible.
Of course Tiki Barber is great and will have to step up again but Bradon Jacobs should get a few more carries this season.
Plaxico, Toomer and the others do enough as wide outs
The weekness was linebacker and the secondary but with some good free agent signings look to of made that stronger.
Losing the to DT is a loss but you still have the great pass rush in Strahan and the dude with the cool long name.

Anyone else thinking along these lines.

Go Gmen

Feb 24, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
New York Giants, Adelaide Strikers
Re: New York Football Giants

Osi Unemoryia is the person you are looking for.

Secondly G-Men sounds gay Big Blue is better.

My New York Giants did so much during the season last year and just collapsed when it really matters Fooking Carolina!

Offence= Were good with everything(Manning QB, Barber RB, Shockey TE) except for WR's honestly burress and toomer are 2 rate WRs and hopefully Sinorice Moss will develop really quickly.

Defence= Loosing Will Allen this year and more than Likley Michael Strahan next year will defantly put holes in our defence.

Special Teams= Willie Ponder should take our kick returns from now on. Jay Feely is doing his job with the exception of the seattle game. Jeff Feagles is also doing his Job even though he is like 50!

Tom Coughlin= Doing his JOB!

Overall= I would rate the giants roster at 84%

Alberton_Magpie said:
Osi Unemoryia is the person you are looking for.

Secondly G-Men sounds gay Big Blue is better.

My New York Giants did so much during the season last year and just collapsed when it really matters Fooking Carolina!

Offence= Were good with everything(Manning QB, Barber RB, Shockey TE) except for WR's honestly burress and toomer are 2 rate WRs and hopefully Sinorice Moss will develop really quickly.

Defence= Loosing Will Allen this year and more than Likley Michael Strahan next year will defantly put holes in our defence.

Special Teams= Willie Ponder should take our kick returns from now on. Jay Feely is doing his job with the exception of the seattle game. Jeff Feagles is also doing his Job even though he is like 50!

Tom Coughlin= Doing his JOB!

Overall= I would rate the giants roster at 84%

84%...?! Whats the formula on that one

NY Giants do look good. Carolina has the edge... they have had a similar team for a few years... defense is rock! solid... with that field of RB's they wont have any issue there, no matter how many injuries! Everyone will be making plays to try and get more carries

May 25, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Denver Broncos, Storm, Pompey

Alberton_Magpie said:

Do you really think Shockey had a good year? TBH last season seems so long ago ive almost forgotten who even made the play-offs and who were good.

I was a huge fan of him when he first came in, but i think his ego may have gotten in the way of playing his best football.

Was it the Giants who had the fight in training camp last year?? lol hope that doesn't happen again ay. :cool:

Feb 24, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
New York Giants, Adelaide Strikers

camsmith said:
Do you really think Shockey had a good year? TBH last season seems so long ago ive almost forgotten who even made the play-offs and who were good.

I was a huge fan of him when he first came in, but i think his ego may have gotten in the way of playing his best football.

Was it the Giants who had the fight in training camp last year?? lol hope that doesn't happen again ay. :cool:

I think he also offered to fight the whole stadium once...this is what tiki barber said on david letterman!

Eli Manning - Weekly Update

Being his make or break year, I thought it would be interesting to update on how Manning goes this year... Being a Giants fan I wish nothing but the best for him but sometimes he just shits me to death lol... Ok first half of last year is hopefully extended to this year over the whole season... :thumbsu:

Anyway, Week One v Dallas, after losing starters Umenyiora and RB Jacobs the Giants lost 45-35. Bad luck boys, not a bad effort against a highly touted team in the NFC.... But now to Mannings results
Completions - 28/41 for a 68.1% completion rate
Yards - a Total of 312, one attempted rush of two yards, overall and average of 7.6 years per attempt, with an average of 11 yards per completion
4 Touchdowns
1 Interception
1 Sack for a 5 yard loss (not bad for Eli lol)
0 Fumbles

Overall rate of 113.1 - :thumbsu:

Not a bad opening week for Eli though I doubt he can continue to form (would prefer wins anyway :p)
Anyway will try to have regular updates.....

WEEK TWO - A far less successful second week, as suspected with a bung shoulder. However, the team basically needed him to play... Anyway
Completions - 16/29 for a 55.2% completion rate
Yards - a Total of 211, overall and average of 7.3 years per attempt, with an average of 13 yards per completion
1 Touchdowns
1 Interception
1 Sack for an 8 yard loss (Again, well done)
1 Fumbles :(

WEEK THREE - A good and a bad week in sorts... Manning was far from good... Downright bad at times (hopefully that Shoulder ain't weighing him down)... Anyway
Completions - 21/36 for a 58.3% completion rate
Yards - a Total of 232, overall and average of 6.4 years per attempt, with an average of 11 yards per completion
1 Touchdowns
2 Interception (bad stat of the week)
2 Sacks for 13 yards lost
1 Fumble Lost it too

SEASON STATS
C/A - 65/106 at 61.3%
Y - 755
AY - 7.1
TD - 6
INT - 4
S - 24 for 26 yards lost
F - 2 : 1 Lost
Rating - 86

Ughhh getting worse :p

Re: Eli Manning - Weekly Update

I said yes. Even tho imo he's not that good, the Giants have invested far too much in him to let him go, and he will be good enough to remain a franchise QB imo. Instead, look for a new offensive co-ordinator and/or QBs coach.
I want a new coach first though ;)
Come out of retirement Cowher lol

Rivers had a few verrrrry nice throws today though....

Your preaching to the wrong person here mate, i dont need any convincing i'm an Eli believer. I used a 3rd round FF pick on him FFS. Payed dividends today.
I think he's just too often compared to his brother... One will be a solid to good player at best the other will go down in history as probably the games best ever (IMO)

I'm not a huge fan of Eli but he is getting better. Nothing wrong with his game today and he made some nice throws.

However he needs to grow some balls and improve his body language and drop the dawky look before his team-mates will respect him.

I'm not a huge fan of Eli but he is getting better. Nothing wrong with his game today and he made some nice throws.

However he needs to grow some balls and improve his body language and drop the dawky look before his team-mates will respect him.

I think the addition of Amani Toomer helps him no end. Its no coincedence that his 06 season took a noce dive after Toomer got hurt.

Mar 13, 2006
Perth Central
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
NY Giants, UM Wolverines

Well if Eli wasn't Paytons brother and we didnt give the world up for him (Merriman could take on our whole D and still win), we wouldnt care as much.

I still think he'll be very good for us even with all the injurys going against us.

lol So its taken just one game to change your mind Jeff? :D:p
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359580

And he fumbled twice.

I watched the game and he hasn't improved.

lol jk mate

:D D'oh!

I'll wear that. :)

Like I said I'm not a fan but I saw somethings today that sort of impressed me. In the Week 1 thread, I did criticise him because he hangs onto it too long at times but when he did throw he made some nice passes.

I'll have to reserve my judgement until he plays against a better secondary but I don't see him under threat at this stage. Good QB's are getting hard to find in the pro's and unless you can find a genuine upgrade then it's worth persevering. The coach is coaching for his job and the Giants have far more pressing problems than Eli ATM.

:D D'oh!

I'll wear that. :)

Like I said I'm not a fan but I saw somethings today that sort of impressed me. In the Week 1 thread, I did criticise him because he hangs onto it too long at times but when he did throw he made some nice passes.

I'll have to reserve my judgement until he plays against a better secondary but I don't see him under threat at this stage. Good QB's are getting hard to find in the pro's and unless you can find a genuine upgrade then it's worth persevering. The coach is coaching for his job and the Giants have far more pressing problems than Eli ATM.
Even if we get to the second round of the playoffs Coughlin is goneeeeeeeeeeeeeee... I think the team was just waiting for a different/better/ more experienced coach... though I hope that doesnt come back to bite us in the ass - Most interested in how Turner goes... SD wasn't anything great this mornin....

Seriously though, I don't see any current QB becomes one of the greats..... Something about Rivers and Romo (the most talked up) just doesnt impress me... Though they are nice players I don't rate them like some do

Today he showed if he's given some time he can make the passes. Although the lack of pressure on the QB's today would have made most QB's look good.
Coupled with the crap tackling, both of these teams defenses looked very ordinary.

Although when he did get the odd pass rush he looked a lot more assured standing there and throwing rather than moving away and throwing off balance like he did sometimes last season.

Still, he looked good at the start of last season and looked how it ended.

Today he showed if he's given some time he can make the passes. Although the lack of pressure on the QB's today would have made most QB's look good.
Coupled with the crap tackling, both of these teams defenses looked very ordinary.

Although when he did get the odd pass rush he looked a lot more assured standing there and throwing rather than moving away and throwing off balance like he did sometimes last season.

Still, he looked good at the start of last season and looked how it ended.
Exactly my point in the original post

Would have to be one of the worst QB's when under pressure...

Zarko, better to judge him after next week against the Packers front 7 (if he's fit). That could get ugly.
Definitely - This is just a weekly update mate, not suggesting hes great to the naysayers... :thumbsu:

Tiki Barber confirmed in a recent interview that it was because of HC Tom Coghlan, that made Tiki lose all drive & quit the game. That's really dissappointing to hear. Hope Eli Manning gets back soon. Hate to hear about teams that can least afford to lose thier starters, cop these situations.

On the flipside, if Eli didn't get hurt, I doubt the syndicate would of made a crust over the weekend ... ;)

Dallas D was very vunerable & the NYG QB back-up inept.

Tiki Barber confirmed in a recent interview that it was because of HC Tom Coghlan, that made Tiki lose all drive & quit the game. That's really dissappointing to hear. Hope Eli Manning gets back soon. Hate to hear about teams that can least afford to lose thier starters, cop these situations.

On the flipside, if Eli didn't get hurt, I doubt the syndicate would of made a crust over the weekend ... ;)

Dallas D was very vunerable & the NYG QB back-up inept.

Read on SI that Tiki Barber is making such a dick of himself as a TV and Columnist that Coughlin is starting to gain a lot of sympathy having to deal with both Barber and Strahan.

Back