Teams New York Jets - Gang Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 20, 2007
Perf
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
New York Jets, Toronto Raptors
Amazing what a competent running game can do for a young QB. Allows Anderson to do what he does best and burn downfield. Running the RPO becomes so much easier. Couple of throws today were seriously good. We need a TE, a get out target. I dont buy that Enunwa provides that.

Oh and Bowles still needs to go at the end of the year/

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
Darnold

Just sayin'

He looks so composed for a young kid. He would've looked even better last week against the Broncos if the Centre hadn't snapped the ball so high for him.

I wonder if there's any truth to the rumours were into Chandler Jones? He would be a great addition to our D and we could focus on building the OLine at the next draft.

Bigelow

All Australian
Feb 23, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
gpodawund
Didnt sound like there were any Jets supporters think that they would win this one.

Oh well, at least there were a couple of Darnolds to Andersons in the highlights.

Last edited:
Kind of went as expected. The D held up for as long as they could and apart from that rubbish first drive, they were ok. Darnold still going through growing pains especially with our receiving corps atm and it was going to be tough to run the ball on the Vikings D.

Another week where we lost but honestly not much we can do. Our offense looks lost without our 2 best receivers against the solid Bears D. Sam did as well as you could expect with what we got and our D kept us in it for most of the game. Next 3 games against division opponents will tell us hopefully more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Defence played well, all things considered, to keep Miami to six points. But the offence was a complete dumpster fire. Darnold did not look good and was not helped by his offensive line or by his skill position players (save for Herndon).

Surely Bowles has run out of lives and I think the Jets would be better served to fire Maccagnan and Bowles. I wouldn't be opposed to Johnson sanctioning a clean out at the bye week, promoting Caldwell to interim head coach and Heimerdinger to interim general manager.

Watching the Rams @ Saints game just illustrates how poorly our roster is constructed and coached. Plenty of blame to go around.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
Bowles has to go. He is just so uninspiring.

We need a new Centre. How many times does he snap the ball too high for Darnold or yesterday fail to get the snap off before the play clock expired then just fumbled it backwards and shat himself.

I wasn't expecting much from this season, the D has been pretty good but our OL and skill position players are C grade especially after Bilal Powell went down.

Our O-Line was always a concern coming into the season, clearly where we need to go as far as draft goes.

And yep, we will be cleaning house, just a matter of when not if. Was Darnold's worst game as well. Ugly watch.

As far as 2018 season goes, I'll remember Week 1 fondly and just forget about the rest.

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Anyone know what the mezzanine seats are like? Got some behind the end zone and they looked ok on StubHub

I lasted a half and then watched the rest on condensed. Should of fired Bowles at half time. Can't even be mad, it's just so f****** standard for us.

Bigelow

All Australian
Feb 23, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
gpodawund
How did that happen ?

After all the trouble the Bills have had at QB some bloke walks in off the street and cleans up the Jets.

Makes a mockery of learning the playbook when you can thrash a team like that.

Apparently no firing, he's safe for the rest of the season. I would put the loss as the worst I've seen. Even ahead of butt fumble, just no effort on either side on the ball. Utterly disgraceful, reminded me of watching kyrgios play tennis this year, without the talent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back