Teams New York Jets - Gang Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
That was one of the most uninspiring HC press conferences I have ever seen.

Gase needs his drugs balanced....some really odd twitches happening, and either keep wearing a cap, or shave the head.

Won't last a year.

Twitches? I'm getting Neeld flashbacks :oops:

Gregg Williams our new DC - not sure what to make of that to be honest, maybe he'll get another crack at HC before the 2019 season is done

Should be good for Leonard Williams and Lee and Tru Johnson played well under Williams when Williams was defensive coordinator for St Louis.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Really good break down of Williams D and the personal changes required to run it efficiently, everyone talking about Bell to the Jets but if the Cowboys allow Lawrence to hit the market you guys should throw the kitchen sink at him, number 1 priority in Free Agency should be a star DE this offseason

Busy few days for Maccagnan.

Ins: Osemele (trade), Crowder (free agency), Bellamy (free agency), Barr (free agency)

Outs: Skrine (free agency)

I presume we'll also allow Kearse to leave after he gave up on his teammates in the second half of the last season. There's a lot of talk that the Jets will cut Darron Lee if the Jets sign Mosley, and apparently we're reported as being very aggressive in signing Mosley (not sure how signing Barr affects that push, though). I would also presume that we're chasing Bell pretty hard.

Strike out Barr, who apparently was physically sick at the thought of leaving the Vikings for New York. Sub in Mosley, who is being paid an insane amount of money per year as an ILB. And apparently we were too busy trying to coax Bell to sign to make an offer to Paradis, who signs with Carolina on a reasonable contract. Looks like, unless something shakes loose in free agency or we draft a centre in the draft, we're heading into the season with Harrison as the starting centre.

Carpenter signed with the Falcons - obviously saw the writing on the wall with the Osemele trade.

What are people’s thoughts on the FA signings and new uniforms?
I like both

Not a fan of the new uniforms. Don't like the colours or design particularly much. Certainly won't be buying a jersey in these colours.

Maccagnan has done okay with free agency. Did well to sign Bell at a reasonable amount (I expected Bell would have signed for a lot more), but over-spent on C.J. Mosley by a significant amount (the Ravens wanted to bring him back, but weren't prepared to pay him more than $12 million). The Osemele trade is a good one, especially if Osemele rebounds after a bad season. But the lack of a centre is concerning. Harrison is league average at best and there were two much better free agents on the market that the Jets could have signed at reasonable money. I would expect that the Jets will draft offensive linemen (including a centre) in the draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back