Teams New York Jets - Gang Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Turtles, NYJets, Celtics, Tottenham
Ffs don't even think about winning, for gods sake!

Oh they will, they'll get the win against a poor Broncos side to cost them #1 overall it's in the stars

The Indy game answered the question for me. Darnold is either just outright crap or he's been destroyed by the Jets. Tank for Trevor is on, no point trying to resurrect Darnold in his 4th year, send him somewhere he can try and get his career back on track and tank all the way.

Probably better off just keeping Gase in, why sack him and risk a dead cat bounce costing us a chance at #1 pick?

Last edited:
Oh they will, they'll get the win against a poor Broncos side to cost them #1 overall it's in the stars

The Indy game answered the question for me. Darnold is either just outright crap or he's been destroyed by the Jets. Tank for Trevor is on, no point trying to resurrect Darnold in his 4th year, send him somewhere he can try and get his career back on track and tank all the way.

Probably better off just keeping Gase in, why sack him and risk a dead cat bounce costing us a chance at #1 pick?

I highly doubt they win now the players have a sniff now that Gase could potentially be fired after another loss. I would expect to see an even more lackluster performance than the previous three weeks.

Don't be surprised if Gregg Williams makes sure there are few extra blown coverages this week given he's the likely caretaker HC ;)

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
I highly doubt they win now the players have a sniff now that Gase could potentially be fired after another loss. I would expect to see an even more lackluster performance than the previous three weeks.

Don't be surprised if Gregg Williams makes sure there are few extra blown coverages this week given he's the likely caretaker HC ;)

The next 3 weeks will determine whether we get #1 pick or not. Broncos, Cards, Chargers. After that I can't see us winning any of the remaining games;

Bills, Chiefs, Pats, Miami, Bye, Miami, Raiders, Seahawks, Rams, Browns, Pats

Maybe the Browns game as it would be so Browns to lose to the Jets to miss playoffs.

The next 3 weeks will determine whether we get #1 pick or not. Broncos, Cards, Chargers. After that I can't see us winning any of the remaining games;

Bills, Chiefs, Pats, Miami, Bye, Miami, Raiders, Seahawks, Rams, Browns, Pats

Maybe the Browns game as it would be so Browns to lose to the Jets to miss playoffs.

The Jets will Jet and trade down probably and put pieces around a ruined QB. Coz that's the type of dumb s**t they do. :rainbow:

Should 100% take Lawrence (if he decides not to say I won't play for a dumpster fire like the NYJ) and reboot the entire organization. Every coach and 75% of players needs to go. Way too toxic.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
The Jets will Jet and trade down probably and put pieces around a ruined QB. Coz that's the type of dumb sh*t they do. :rainbow:

Nah Darnold is done, psychologically at least. He's been ruined, they would be dumb to persist with him.

Only problem is with the team being such a dumpster fire we'll just be setting Lawrence up to fail in the same way although hopefully with some better coaching around him. At least they've got some chips from the Adams trade not sure it will be enough though. Take Lawrence, build the o-line and get him some receivers for *s sake would be a good start. And a new coach.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
The Athletic's Connor Hughes reports Jets coach Adam Gase will not be fired following Thursday's loss to the Broncos.
Gase's 0-4 squad has a -66 point differential and five offensive touchdowns in four games, but he will live to see another day despite providing zero reason for optimism on any front. Gase has not produced a drop of lemonade out of his lemons on offense, and the Jets' defense is undisciplined, penalty-obsessed disaster. This is truly rock bottom, but Gang Green's clueless ownership is probably correct in its passivity that firing Gase now won't really accomplish anything. It would still be surprising if Gase makes it all 16 games.
SOURCE: Connor Hughes on Twitter
Oct 2, 2020, 12:35 AM ET

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Cool, you aren't going to fire Gase, I don't need to watch. Redzone for me the rest of this season.

Is there even much point in firing him? May as well ride it out to the number 1 pick what is the worst that could happen? Frank Gore gets pissed and walks? Hogan and Berrios crack the sads and demand a trade?

The only players worth keeping are Bekton, Maye maybe Quinnen Williams and Mosely who won't have played for 2 seasons.

I'm sick of losing, sick of embrassing losses, sick of thinking that losing for that higher draft pick will be worth
It in the long run. Sick of dealing with terrible coaches that don't improve the team at all. Life is too short wasting time, just get rid of him.

Just sick of this f***ing team

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
youve got the right attitude matt
i hated it when fans of my old team enjoyed losing so they could play armchair gm and salivate about high picks and college prospects. every year, soon as the team is 1-4, the fans mail it in and talk college prospects.

notice the good organizations picking in the 20s get to enjoy going over 500 every year AND usually end up drafting studs in the back half whilst the bad orgs keep blundering with those high picks.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
I'm sick of losing, sick of embrassing losses, sick of thinking that losing for that higher draft pick will be worth
It in the long run. Sick of dealing with terrible coaches that don't improve the team at all. Life is too short wasting time, just get rid of him.

Just sick of this f***ing team

I get it but honestly I don't think it matters whether you want them to lose or not. This team was already the mother of all dumpster fires without the injuries let alone having players dropping like flies. I'd be surprised if Darnold plays the next couple of weeks unless they jab him up pregame so we'll be riding the Flacco train in my opinion.

If we don't beat either the Cards or the Chargers I struggle to see a win on this schedule. Maybe Miami but they've played tough so far. This year is a write off whether Gase is there or not - I mean I'd like to see him fired just so we don't have to see his stupid face anymore but I don't think it's going to result in any improvement until we change the personnel on the field.

Hopefully they give Douglas the keys to select his own coach (he should be scouting already) and see what he can do with the draft hand he has (top 3 pick if not #1 and the haul from the Adams trade).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get it but honestly I don't think it matters whether you want them to lose or not. This team was already the mother of all dumpster fires without the injuries let alone having players dropping like flies. I'd be surprised if Darnold plays the next couple of weeks unless they jab him up pregame so we'll be riding the Flacco train in my opinion.

If we don't beat either the Cards or the Chargers I struggle to see a win on this schedule. Maybe Miami but they've played tough so far. This year is a write off whether Gase is there or not - I mean I'd like to see him fired just so we don't have to see his stupid face anymore but I don't think it's going to result in any improvement until we change the personnel on the field.

Hopefully they give Douglas the keys to select his own coach (he should be scouting already) and see what he can do with the draft hand he has (top 3 pick if not #1 and the haul from the Adams trade).

Id change the HC purely to see if Williams can get anything out of otherwise disappointing players on the roster. You're unable to evaluate players properly with Gase in charge, players have no passion to play for him.

Is there even much point in firing him? May as well ride it out to the number 1 pick what is the worst that could happen? Frank Gore gets pissed and walks? Hogan and Berrios crack the sads and demand a trade?

The only players worth keeping are Bekton, Maye maybe Quinnen Williams and Mosely who won't have played for 2 seasons.

Crowder is an absolute gun slot reciever and well worth keeping.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Id change the HC purely to see if Williams can get anything out of otherwise disappointing players on the roster. You're unable to evaluate players properly with Gase in charge, players have no passion to play for him.
good point, you want a new coach to see if you have anything in all those players that are fringe and potential re-signings or not, including darnold, salvaging what you can before a whole 16 game season under gase further ruins them beyond salvage

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
good point, you want a new coach to see if you have anything in all those players that are fringe and potential re-signings or not, including darnold, salvaging what you can before a whole 16 game season under gase further ruins them beyond salvage

Regardless of what happens from here on out Darnold is going to have questions around him by season's end. Look at the defences he'll be up against for the rest of the year! If they have a chance to secure Lawrence or another high ranked QB they'll have no choice but to cut bait with him.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
he wont get a win so you dont even have to pose that hypothetical

Arizona didn't look that impressive last week. Kyler should twinkle toe his way around our D but stranger upsets have happened. The next two weeks are really the only games I can see us pinching a win this year. Others say the two Miami games but honestly I think the fish will school us.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Arizona didn't look that impressive last week. Kyler should twinkle toe his way around our D but stranger upsets have happened. The next two weeks are really the only games I can see us pinching a win this year. Others say the two Miami games but honestly I think the fish will school us.
flacco is the jets version of brian hoyer, hes got nothing left, itll be ugly vs the cards, even if the cards arent as sharp. your D is decent and should make a fist of it.

Feb 21, 2006
Muckertal
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
flacco is the jets version of brian hoyer, hes got nothing left, itll be ugly vs the cards, even if the cards arent as sharp. your D is decent and should make a fist of it.

I don't think our D is that good anymore actually. SF scored 31 on us after Jimmy G went down early, Rivers put up 36 and even the Broncos with their 3rd/2nd string QB's scored 37. To be fair a couple of those scores in the Colts/Broncos games were pick 6's but even still our D isn't what it has been in previous years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back