Teams New York Jets - Gang Green

Remove this Banner Ad

Jets coach Adam Gase said he's "considering everything" to get the team headed in the right direction.
Gase even admitted that he's "toyed" with the idea of relinquishing play-calling duties to OC Dowell Loggains. We'll believe it when we see it. The 0-5 Jets have exceeded 17 points once this year, insistently leaning on the league's fourth-highest rate of 11 personnel despite only having Jeff Smith, Jamison Crowder, Braxton Berrios, and Chris Hogan available for a majority of the year. Meanwhile the team's defense has been gutted for at least 27 points in every game. With Sam Darnold (shoulder) sidelined for the time being and Le'Veon Bell at odds with his own coach on social media, the 2020 Jets are clearly the laughingstock of the league due to Gase's ongoing reign.
SOURCE: Connor Hughes on Twitter
Oct 12, 2020, 2:41 PM ET

Farkin LOLOLOL

Steamrolling to #1 draft pick, seriously we might as well trade Darnold out now, let him sit behind a competent senior QB for the rest of the season (Rothlisberger, Brees, Brady etc) before taking over next year. Get a 2nd round pick for him and load up on next year's draft/FA with a new head coach.

Farkin LOLOLOL

Steamrolling to #1 draft pick, seriously we might as well trade Darnold out now, let him sit behind a competent senior QB for the rest of the season (Rothlisberger, Brees, Brady etc) before taking over next year. Get a 2nd round pick for him and load up on next year's draft/FA with a new head coach.

I doubt you'd even get a second at this point mate. 3rd at best I'd say. :(

Yeah probably, fine take a 3rd and move on. Best for us and him.
Chris Johnson's tight arse would love it. Dead money free.

Bet you he was spewing about having to give LeVeon a payout.

Mike Lombardi said:
Many are calling for head coach Adam Gase’s removal during the season — which is so stupid. Throwing Gase overboard is not going to solve anything. Vince Lombardi could come back and have a hard time winning a game with this Jets roster. And if you are tanking, why fire the coach who gives you the best chance to lose games? Jet fans need to endure Gase for 11 more weeks, then thank him if his work allows them to pick Lawrence.

I love Lombardi, I listen to the GM Shuffle every week, I used to listen to him with Tate Frasier and loved him as a guest on Simmons podcast.

He has hit the nail on the head for me here, these are my sentiments exactly. Whats the point in firing Gase now? The only real reason would be to prevent players walking out but I don't think anyone we want to keep can/will leave. Perhaps Maye at the end of the season is the only real risk. We stink, even if we fire him the roster is hot garbage but we risk having a dead cat bounce and winning a couple of games that put us out of reach of #1 pick.

well youve lost adams, bell and williams could be next, and last year you lost a couple decent ones like anderson

Anderson left because we wouldn't meet his contract demands. A stupid decision in hindsight but he didn't leave because of Gase or the culture he would've stayed if we offered him what he was after.

Williams hasn't done too much since entering the league and is still on a rookie contract. If he wants to go it would be on Douglas's terms.

Letting Bell go for nothing is stupid but realistically why keep a 29 year old RB on a lot of money? Clears some extra cal space for 2021 for Douglas to work with, we have the most cap space of any side next year, just gotta convince players to move which hopefully will be made easier when Gase is inevitably sacked post season.

Adams hurt but we got some decent draft capital for him and that was preseason.

I just don't think there's too much downside to keeping Gase on to ensure the tank rolls on, he's going to get fired eventually I just don't see the benefit in doing it now.

Firing Gase now proves you won't accept embarrassing yourselves on weekly/montnly/yearly/decadely basis.

To think there aren't any future ramifications by keeping him around is wrong. Why would any player want to join a franchise who accepts sucking like the Jets do year in and year out...?

-----

David Tepper fired the Panthers winningest coach ever Ron Rivera coz he wasn't satisfied with losing. He then went out and made Matt Rhule one of the highest paid coaches In the nfl.

Meanwhile, Johnson didn't hire Matt Rhule despite interviewing him the same year he hired Gase coz he didn't want to pay him a top 10 salary and he didn't want Rhule to bring his own coaches with him.

This sums up the Jets perfectly. Cost cutting and micro managing. All the good draft picks in the world couldn't save this team while Johnson is still in charge unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anderson left because we wouldn't meet his contract demands. A stupid decision in hindsight but he didn't leave because of Gase or the culture he would've stayed if we offered him what he was after.

Williams hasn't done too much since entering the league and is still on a rookie contract. If he wants to go it would be on Douglas's terms.

Letting Bell go for nothing is stupid but realistically why keep a 29 year old RB on a lot of money? Clears some extra cal space for 2021 for Douglas to work with, we have the most cap space of any side next year, just gotta convince players to move which hopefully will be made easier when Gase is inevitably sacked post season.

Adams hurt but we got some decent draft capital for him and that was preseason.

I just don't think there's too much downside to keeping Gase on to ensure the tank rolls on, he's going to get fired eventually I just don't see the benefit in doing it now.

Anderson signed a 2 year deal at 9mil a year with us. Hardly bank breaking.

Pretty sure Douglas signed Perriman to something similar. ....how is that working out?

Anderson signed a 2 year deal at 9mil a year with us. Hardly bank breaking.

Pretty sure Douglas signed Perriman to something similar. ....how is that working out?

Oh I'm not defending the decision making. I wanted to keep Anderson even though other Jets fans I read were saying he shouldn't be paid like a #1 receiver which is what he was after. My point was he left over contract issues not because of any personal issues.

Things could be worse

Football-fail-Sanchez-Fumble.gif

Things could be worse

Football-fail-Sanchez-Fumble.gif

I would rather that. At least I could give a s*** about that team.

How does an organisation put up with a performance like we had against Miami yesterday? There's 31 NFL teams atm....

At least Rex spoke a big game and tried to back it up. Plenty worse coaches in the NFL currently than Rex. (Look no further than Gase). Players loved playing for him.

Have to laugh at the Jets game being on 7mate tomorrow morning...

Watched most of the game , was more interesting than Tampa and GB to me surprisingly.

Defense played pretty well all things considered I thought, played hard throughout, no lack of effort. . Think Williams inspired the defense with his blame the offense/Gase comments. Us against them mentality. They may have quit but we haven't.

The call was classic "they've had the butt-fumble, now they've got the butt-interception"

One of the other Jets players came in and nearly knocked it on the ground and Maye saved that with his hands still behind his back. Was incredible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back