Teams New York Jets - Gang Green

Hahahahahahahaha.

Well, part of me wants to smash the tv but really it doesn't matter. All you can do laugh at how bad this team is.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
seriously delusional

Jets coach Adam Gase said the team's play-calling is being labeled a "collaborative effort" because he doesn't want to give away too much information for a "competitive disadvantage."
That would entail the Jets being competitive to begin with. New York has teetered between play-callers since Week 7, exceeding 25 points in back-to-back games with Joe Flacco under center and totaling a lowly 22 points in Sam Darnold's three starts in that time. Averaging the league's fewest yards per play (4.6), points per game (13.8), and lowest scoring margin (-15.5) on gamedays, anything Gase claims at this point is strictly headline material for comedic purposes. Maybe Trevor Lawrence and a new head coach will change the organization's culture in 2021.
SOURCE: Rich Cimini on Twitter
Nov 30, 2020, 2:10 PM ET

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Jets fired defensive coordinator Gregg Williams.
The team had no choice but to part ways with Williams after one of the most egregious defensive play calls in league history. The Jets, up by four points with seconds to play, sent seven pass rushers, leaving New York defensive backs in man coverage against Vegas receivers. Henry Ruggs III came down with a 46-yard touchdown to win the game. Williams' play call was baffling in every way, and has drawn the ire of NFL analysts unlike any call in memory. Accusations of the Jets tanking for Clemson QB Trevor Lawrence can be quickly dismissed with the firing of Williams.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Dec 7, 2020, 11:00 AM ET

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Such a petty stubborn man....

Jets coach Adam Gase said he "won't" bench Frank Gore this season.

Ty Johnson rushed for 104 yards against the Raiders in Week 13, but Gase attributed that performance to the "O-line and opponent," claiming he leaned on Gore against Seattle since it "presented different challenges." Gore of course did nothing, averaging 2.8 yards per carry on a backfield-high nine touches. It's been made clear that Gase doesn't prefer efficiency and explosiveness from his running backs, cementing Gore at the head of the table among that group (no matter the outcome) for the rest of the year.

Dec 14, 2020, 2:17 PM ET

Such a petty stubborn man....

Jets coach Adam Gase said he "won't" bench Frank Gore this season.

Ty Johnson rushed for 104 yards against the Raiders in Week 13, but Gase attributed that performance to the "O-line and opponent," claiming he leaned on Gore against Seattle since it "presented different challenges." Gore of course did nothing, averaging 2.8 yards per carry on a backfield-high nine touches. It's been made clear that Gase doesn't prefer efficiency and explosiveness from his running backs, cementing Gore at the head of the table among that group (no matter the outcome) for the rest of the year.

Dec 14, 2020, 2:17 PM ET

Absolutely *ed. Any coach with a clue in his position would let the kids play at this point.

I decided a few weeks ago that I couldn't watch this team while Gase was coach (his coaching made me that angry every time this season) so whatever happens now I can at least take some peace he'll be gone.

But yeah this team is just such a dumpster fire. Just have to laugh at this result.

As a fan of all the curb your enthusiasm memes out there, this whole situation is dying for someone to make a "curb your Trevor Lawrence" one

If Gase isn't fired immediately after our last game against New England I'm done with this team. I'm jumping on the Panthers or Titans instead.

I'd usually call someone a bad fan for doing that but I completely understand and agree.

Heard a whisper that the Jets are looking at Marvin Lewis for head coach but they are also looking at Matt Campbell, Pat Fitzgerald, Brian Daboll and Greg Roman.

Douglas loves Sewell so if the Jets don't regain the first overall pick, it would take a big deal to see the Jets drop down from 2 and miss the chance to draft Sewell, provided that Douglas decides to roll into next season with Darnold as the starter.

Jets rate the quarterbacks in the draft Lawrence, Fields and then Wilson but still work to be done on them.

Word is that Douglas thinks the world of Darnold and rates him as being better than all QBs in this draft not called Lawrence. Douglas seems to think that Darnold can be redeemed in New York by a new coach. There is an acceptance that Gase has been a terrible head coach generally and more particularly for Darnold

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
NFL Network's Tom Pelissero and Ian Rapoport report the Jets are "expected to part ways" with coach Adam Gase after Week 17.
The Jets would be the laughing stock of all American sports if Gase kept his job even after stacking up two upset wins to close the season. Gase's tenure has led to few wins and many headaches with players. The Jets head coaching job has its pros -- cap space and draft capital -- but the Jets' ownership has a long track record of sloppy decision making. Pelissero and Rapoport report the Jets' head coach search will include NFL coordinators and college head coaches. Jets GM Joe Douglas "isn't going anywhere".
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Jan 2, 2021, 4:58 PM ET

Back