New Zealand summer of cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree

It appears they have scrapped the red button option for Ch 507, Fox Sports More. Also it isn't helped with Fuel TV being scrapped and surfing moved to one of the main sports channels.

they got rid of the red button and one of the main foxsports channels to bring us foxsportsplus so now instead of 5*24 hour channels and an extra live channel they give us 4*24 hours and a live only channel that can show 1 event instead of 4 and they actually have the nerve to act like they are giving us more.

Last edited:

they got rid of the red button and one of the main foxsports channels to bring us foxsportsplus so now instead of 5*24 hour channels and an extra live channel they give us 4*24 hours and a live only channel that can show 1 event instead of 4 and they actually have the nerve to act like they are giving us more.

And they recently increased the price of the sports pack by $4.

Could New Zealand have used Tim Southee today? I like Jeetan Patel but he wasnt exactly threatening out there on day 1.

Surprising they made the call to drop him. Hardly conditions where spinners are going to be the match winners. Agree that Patel is a quality bowler, but the clal had to be amde between he and Santner.

Surprising they made the call to drop him. Hardly conditions where spinners are going to be the match winners. Agree that Patel is a quality bowler, but the clal had to be amde between he and Santner.
Quality is generous, he's handy at most.

Not that Southee himself hasn't been an underperformer over the years either.

This game has been another example that you don't have to be scoring at break neck speed to be entertaining.

Been really good cricket to watch, initially from NZ, then the fightback from elgar and du plessis, NZ out the squeeze back on but Bavuma and Elgar were good enough to fight through it.

Elgar gone to Wagner now, he's turning into a banker with the ball.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love watching cricket in NZ, everything is so green and the grounds have a real suburban feel about them. Hope Williamson goes big, love watching him play.

Literally just said to my wife 'I'd really like to go over the ditch and watch a test match sometime in the next few years and sit on a hill.'

I've told my Mrs we are going to follow the team around one season!

Quality is generous, he's handy at most.

Not that Southee himself hasn't been an underperformer over the years either.

I think he's quality now. Was pretty mediocre at international level initially, but over last five or six years has forged a great reputation for consistent excellence in domestic cricket and is now bringing that experience and re-applying it pretty successfully at the highest level. Great story I reckon.

Quality ton from Williamson. There's no one better at the moment in world cricket IMO at being able to pace his way through a knock in terms of just surviving when things are tough, then accelerating when the moment comes.
He's great to watch.

Watling would have to be the most useful Test wicketkeeper-batsmen going around at the moment. QDK obviously the best in shorter formats. But Watling's stability to their middle order is priceless.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back