New Zealand Tour of India 2021 (3 T20's and 2 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

Phew, great stuff NZ. Definitely looked over when Blundell was out.

Probably the end of Rahane's Test career. Such a promising start but in the end is basically India's Shaun Marsh.

They really have grown some backbone in that NZ side. They’ve historically had a lot of spine at times when talent was relatively low. They seem to have a good balance of the two qualities at the moment. Well done

Phew, great stuff NZ. Definitely looked over when Blundell was out.

Probably the end of Rahane's Test career. Such a promising start but in the end is basically India's Shaun Marsh.
jeez I wouldn't be writing him off just yet given what he did in Australia last summer.

Tactically , I reckon he captained that game ok, and the declaration was spot on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jeez I wouldn't be writing him off just yet given what he did in Australia last summer.

Tactically , I reckon he captained that game ok, and the declaration was spot on.
His form is worst than Pujara, and Pujara is batting at first drop, a position there are fewer options at. Have to drop one of them

Lucky Black Caps

Kohli in for Rahane, Siraj for Ishant

Not sure what New Zealand will do

Wagner should come in for one of our spinners although it would be hard to drop any of them after they all played roles in saving this test with the bat,

Simon Doull hit the nail on the head , draws in this country as an opposition is a creditable result.
Meh, India was there for the taking. Lots of form players out. Solid pitch for a visiting team. 5 for 50 in the 2nd innings.

If they don't win the next test this would have been a huge missed opportunity to win a test seres in India.

Averaging 19 this year and 34 in the last 5 years. With the quality currently waiting in the wings his position is very very shaky.

Meh, India was there for the taking. Lots of form players out. Solid pitch for a visiting team. 5 for 50 in the 2nd innings.

If they don't win the next test this would have been a huge missed opportunity to win a test seres in India.

That’s slightly unfair I feel.

What is it that generally gives India the most advantage when they are at home?

It’s not their batsmen.

They have two spinners in that team who’s records sit alongside anyone that’s ever represented their nation, on a pitch that suited them.

For all the talk about players missing from India’s team, they could regularly field a third string top six and still win most test matches at home. Hell, Bangladesh do it - field 2-3 decent spinners and a fairly ordinary batting order and it’s still enough to win a fair few home tests.

New Zealand did have an opportunity in this match but it was because they earned it as much as it was because Kohli and Sharma weren’t there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back