New Zealand v Pakistan 2020/21 (3 T20s, 2 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

With respect I think anyone that truly appreciates cricket should love watching Kane bat. He doesn’t have the suppleness of Kohli or the ridiculous eye and homemade technique of smith but his foot movement, hands and angles are basically how the cricket handbook would have been written
Williamson is exactly how you would try to coach your child to bat when s/he first picks up a cricket bat.

Obviously you'd never coach them to bat like Smith and at any given time there's maybe a handful of a batsmen in the world who can play with the wrist work of Virat Kohli - and those few would all have grown up in the subcontinent.

But any youngster with half decent eye coordination could adopt Williamson's technique for their own and score a decent amount of runs for whatever level it is they make it to.

Thought Jamieson and Wagner were largely unthreatening that first session and they should have brought Santner on earlier as he got a bit of grip and turn straight away. I also think Kane should have given himself one or two overs there towards the end, see what happens

160 from 40 odd overs, with 6 wickets in hand....

They’ve been on the canvas 15 times and keep getting up.
4 runs an over with tired bowlers; the last 10 overs were at 4.5 an over so they're on track right now and they've not taken any risks at all. Obviously even just 1 wicket changes all that. Still, NZ must be getting a little nervy..

Wagner battling a broken foot doesn't help them. He's usually the one who puts together an inspiration spell that breaks the back of the opposition.

I've been waiting for Santner to arrive ever since he joined the team. Maybe today is the day, but I've lost faith that he is Vettori 2.0, unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bummer. These sorts of near draws always follow the same script, a wicketless middle session followed by everything falling apart with 15-20 overs left.

holey moley this test; shaheen clocked in the noggin, might be about to be subbed out with concussion, has to be replaced with a like for like (ie bowler), pakistan 8 down...i think 35 mins til end of day 5??!?

ahhhhh, the theatre of test match cricket!

holey moley this test; shaheen clocked in the noggin, might be about to be subbed out with concussion, has to be replaced with a like for like (ie bowler), pakistan 8 down...i think 35 mins til end of day 5??!?

ahhhhh, the theatre of test match cricket!
I'd try to get Faheem Ashraf as the sub. He's a bowler, closest type of bowler to Shaheen in that he's a medium whilst the others are spinners

Remove this Banner Ad

Back