New Zealand v Pakistan 2020/21 (3 T20s, 2 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, Cronulla
Just because there's no thread yet.

Williamson with yet another hundred. What a special player he is.

Perth bloke

Cancelled
Dec 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
You know Cricinfo is a subcontinent biased website when the kiwis were up to 380/6 and the commentator claims the contest is finely balanced. They often make excuses for their players dropping catches too lol

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
With Kohli piking out of the test series against Australia and Smith struggling to score runs Williamson has reclaimed his rightful crown as the best test batsman.

Watling proving once again that he is the best wicketkeeper batsman in test cricket.
It's too bad you wanted to watch the Australia match instead of the best bat in the world ;)

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
It's too bad you wanted to watch the Australia match instead of the best bat in the world ;)

I watched parts of his innings on Kayo, he may be the best bat in the world but he isn't the most exciting, he grinds bowlers down rather than dominating them.

Martin Crowe was a better NZ batsman to watch even though Williamson has him covered statistically.

Perth bloke

Cancelled
Dec 19, 2020
AFL Club
West Coast
With Kohli piking out of the test series against Australia and Smith struggling to score runs Williamson has reclaimed his rightful crown as the best test batsman.

Watling proving once again that he is the best wicketkeeper batsman in test cricket.
One hundred percent. All class that man

littlegg

Senior List
Aug 8, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
how under rated is ross taylor .. he really saved NZ turned the tempo of the game with that 70 an let the captain settle in an get the 100 today ..

seems the 16 now 17 year old has lost his pace? looked bog as

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I watched parts of his innings on Kayo, he may be the best bat in the world but he isn't the most exciting, he grinds bowlers down rather than dominating them.

Martin Crowe was a better NZ batsman to watch even though Williamson has him covered statistically.

With respect I think anyone that truly appreciates cricket should love watching Kane bat. He doesn’t have the suppleness of Kohli or the ridiculous eye and homemade technique of smith but his foot movement, hands and angles are basically how the cricket handbook would have been written

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
You know Cricinfo is a subcontinent biased website when the kiwis were up to 380/6 and the commentator claims the contest is finely balanced. They often make excuses for their players dropping catches too lol

The commentators are mostly Indian and will usually do anything to denigrate Pakistan if national bias comes into it.

NZ have had to work very hard for their runs and like India today survived a handful of chances. Pakistan certainly didn’t bowl badly from what I’ve seen

littlegg

Senior List
Aug 8, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
The commentators are mostly Indian and will usually do anything to denigrate Pakistan if national bias comes into it.

NZ have had to work very hard for their runs and like India today survived a handful of chances. Pakistan certainly didn’t bowl badly from what I’ve seen

they dropped nicholls on 17 an williamson on 30 odd they bowled really well the best NZ has seen for a while, shaheen swing bowling has stepped up so much, where as shah has gone the other way ...

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I thought Kallis had retired, who else are you talking about?

Mate no team in the world no matter how much you pump him up, is going to pick watling over de kock unless they want someone who scores less runs and scores them a lot slower.

BJ is a good solid honest batsman at 6-7. He keeps well but has one of the best jobs in the world keeping to that seam attack and a spinner who never beats the bat.

De kock is a game changer and doesn’t just make fast runs, he makes tough runs.

Put your aetearoan bias aside and accept reality

(Log in to remove this ad.)

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Mate no team in the world no matter how much you pump him up, is going to pick watling over de kock unless they want someone who scores less runs and scores them a lot slower.

BJ is a good solid honest batsman at 6-7. He keeps well but has one of the best jobs in the world keeping to that seam attack and a spinner who never beats the bat.

De kock is a game changer and doesn’t just make fast runs, he makes tough runs.

Put your aetearoan bias aside and accept reality
I don't think the gap is as big as you think it is.

May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
I don't think the gap is as big as you think it is.

I don’t think the gap is big. Watling is class. But scoring at a lower average, a lot slower, in generally slightly more friendly conditions, behind a better performing (in the last three years at least) top order doesn’t score him a lot of ‘win’ points in the debate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back