New Zealand vs Australia 2nd.Test,Feb.20-24,2016 at Christchurch

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 16, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Australia should win from here but a couple of early wickets tomorrow could make it tough for them.

It clearly hit Williamson's bat and was shown on hotspot, they had no right to be angry, they were just being sooks because it didn't go their way.
The irony...

Costanza_

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
West Ham United
Well done to NZ for providing a contest. They were stubborn this morning and fought well after losing those three quick wickets to the new ball. Unfortunately for them they seem at least 50 runs short, it would take a massive choke to lose it from here.

DaRick

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
Awkward. Humble pie time

Yes indeed, but hindsight is always 20/20.

Glad that Bird came back strong.

The test match is all but ours I think. The pitch is not breaking up much and NZ lack a bowler who can exploit such conditions.

Nuke Fremantle

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2007
Dullsville
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Aussies should win but there's at least 3 occasions where they've let a dominant position slip;

1. *That* no-ball on Day 1.
2. 8-149 after being 2-356.
3. Sloppy bowling against Watling-Henry.

If we'd been a bit more clinical, as we were in Wellington, the game would be over by now.

DaRick

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 12, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
(See avatar)
Aussies should win but there's at least 3 occasions where they've let a dominant position slip;

If we'd been a bit more clinical, as we were in Wellington, the game would be over by now.

Yep, I get the feeling Australia is not quite the finished article. They do have sloppy sessions from time to time.

Jan 6, 2004
jfgjgfj
I guess we were expecting to see how much we had improved since the england tour and perhaps the jury is out on that as we never really faced the sort of conditions that matched up to the most difficult stuff in england, we will likely do enough to get over the line but the worry is the better teams will punish us when we don't close them out of games like this when we have the chance.

The day 2 batting from burns and smith was still a real plus though and a sign the mindset overseas is at least heading in the right direction even if the consistency isn't there yet.

Aug 27, 2007
brisbane
AFL Club
Essendon

Pretty much spot on. 3 just terrible bowling

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
Big difference sooking about Voges being given not out from an incorrect no ball call to sooking about an lbw appeal which was correctly given not out.

No difference at all. Sooking about umpiring decisions.

You always have an excuse for your sooking and New Zealand's woeful playing be it in tests or a World Cup final.

Really, you should just man up ands face the fact that you are dominated in cricket by the mighty Aussies in every way.

New Zealand and that overrated slogging clown McCullum are just s.hite.

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
I guess we were expecting to see how much we had improved since the england tour and perhaps the jury is out on that as we never really faced the sort of conditions that matched up to the most difficult stuff in england, we will likely do enough to get over the line but the worry is the better teams will punish us when we don't close them out of games like this when we have the chance.

The day 2 batting from burns and smith was still a real plus though and a sign the mindset overseas is at least heading in the right direction even if the consistency isn't there yet.

Biggest issue is that we didn't bat first on the greentops. You wonder what Broad Finn and Anderson would do to us on a pitch like that.

New Zealand are hardly first class so it wouldn't have mattered, but a real test attack would expose our faults.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We won the ODI series recently so Australia hasn't dominated NZ in every way.
:oops::oops::cool::p

CKV8AD.gif

Barry_Badrinath

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2011
Bathing in Premiership Glory
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Grand Finals at the Gabba
Biggest issue is that we didn't bat first on the greentops. You wonder what Broad Finn and Anderson would do to us on a pitch like that.

New Zealand are hardly first class so it wouldn't have mattered, but a real test attack would expose our faults.

It's unlikely Australia will ever play Anderson again on a green top, unless he's still going at 37. They'll get to face him again on the flatter Aussie pitches where he averages about 40 though.

Sep 7, 2005
Firing GarPax
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls
Australia should win from here but a couple of early wickets tomorrow could make it tough for them.

It clearly hit Williamson's bat and was shown on hotspot, they had no right to be angry, they were just being sooks because it didn't go their way.
It's the lack of process that's the issue with drs as a whole.

Hot spot shows something, he should then confirm it with RTS.

If rts doesn't show anything, then he can move on with the process

Jan 6, 2004
jfgjgfj
It's unlikely Australia will ever play Anderson again on a green top, unless he's still going at 37. They'll get to face him again on the flatter Aussie pitches where he averages about 40 though.

It's not exactly just one bloke we struggle with on those english pitches, jimmy didn't even play during the trent bridge horror show test match.

Wolfs

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 10, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies, Hertha Berlin

But also I think Australia have learned from it. They've been more patient and leaving the ball more.

At least you'll be awake, test matches in NZ start at 5.30am WA time which is too early for me.

5.30am is my wake up time normally due to a 1 yr old, so bonus prize goes to me.

We won the ODI series recently so Australia hasn't dominated NZ in every way.

At least you'll be awake, test matches in NZ start at 5.30am WA time which is too early for me.
I'll be awake yes, but at work unfortunately. Will have to follow it on cricinfo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back