New Zealand vs Australia 2nd.Test,Feb.20-24,2016 at Christchurch

ptrg

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 19, 2008
Space Mountain
AFL Club
Melbourne
Absolutely insane that they are charging day 1-4 full prices today for this day 5!

$35? Absolutely kidding themselves, and killed any atmosphere for Bmac's last day of test cricket!

Was there yesterday and asked if they were reducing today's prices (his as after the day's play) - ticket person just stared at me and thought I was crazy to ask to have ticket prices lowered..

Ennjoy your last day of cricket in front of 20 people mate

Sketi

Premiership Player
Jun 24, 2011
depreston
AFL Club
Sydney
I'm sick of these people griping at the Australians. I don't care if Kohli and so many players get into the grills, sledge and all that stuff. It's professional sport at the highest level and we are treating them like they can't do anything.

Yeah Hazlewood did wrong but the amount of issues by people like Harsha Bhogle and jornos who don't play professional sport irk me.

After all the build up about it when watched the footage I thought it was pretty tame. Saw much worse in the Clarke days.

Yes Hazlenut swore, but there was very little malice I thought, more inquisitive disbelief. The umpire even had a smile on his face. Much ado about nothing.

Been extremely disappointed with the NZ bowling over these five tests. Was supposed to be their strength but have shown next to nothing outside of the bowling dominated Adelaide day nighter.

They've proven to be good ordinary bowlers. Not the superstars we were led to believe.

Showbags

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
West Ham Utd
Wagner's got tape on his bowling hand, any chance of a bowler getting an advantage from that?

Seems like he's going to be bowling bouncers all day.

They should do a Dean Jones-Curtley Ambrose and ask him to remove the tape.

DT_fanatic

Premiership Player
Mar 14, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
no it wasn't

It was 100% conclusive that there was a secondary effect capable of causing white marks on hotspot.

Have a look at the front on replay. At all times it clearly shows a gap between bat and foot, especially as the ball goes through to hit the pad. Bat is a few inches off the ground. It was pretty clearly ball hitting bat.

Dec 14, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Have a look at the front on replay. At all times it clearly shows a gap between bat and foot, especially as the ball goes through to hit the pad. Bat is a few inches off the ground. It was pretty clearly ball hitting bat.

There is no guarantee that the hotspot represents anything hitting the bat. Since he did hit it they should have just let snicko show it. Having said that if they are going to use hotspot I guess they need to trust it. Ultimately the correct decision was made.

Last edited:
Back