Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
West Ham United
Well I don’t know how much of a
‘Practical’ component there was but Southee had Ebadot and Taskin listening intently while he showed them some wrist position and release stuff and Jamison was talking to the other quick who’s name escapes me and just passing on some tips about getting the ball to swing. It was good to see

There was some footage of Lyon and Root having a chat before play during the Sydney test, looked like Lyon was showing Root how to position his fingers/wrist when bowling. Was also great to see.

PhatBoy

Hall of Famer
May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
There was some footage of Lyon and Root having a chat before play during the Sydney test, looked like Lyon was showing Root how to position his fingers/wrist when bowling. Was also great to see.

Wow that’s impressive on a couple of scores: Lyon wanting to impart some knowledge and a part timer who probably ends up having to bowl
More than he’d like being willing to try and get that sort of advice on how to improve

corbies

Jul 31, 2010
Newcastle
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, WHam, Cronulla
Well I don’t know how much of a
‘Practical’ component there was but Southee had Ebadot and Taskin listening intently while he showed them some wrist position and release stuff and Jamison was talking to the other quick who’s name escapes me and just passing on some tips about getting the ball to swing. It was good to see
Yeah happens alot at international level which is surprising I think. Lyon was doing the same with Joe Root at the SCG for example.

Edit: Wow you guys type fast. Can't believe you managed to have a back and forth conversation about it while I was typing that out haha.

fs88

All Australian
Nov 3, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
West Coast
As an aside, I've only recently started paying more attention to non-Australian tests. It's nice reading along with these slow moving threads that aren't full of hysterical calls to execute players for a dropped catch, accusations of systematic cheating when an umpire doesn't give an LBW, or paranoid Victorian or WA fundamentalists making non-stop garbage posts about players outside their state.

no lukeparkerno1 in any thread is a good thing :relieved:

Jamurp

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yeah happens alot at international level which is surprising I think. Lyon was doing the same with Joe Root at the SCG for example.

Edit: Wow you guys type fast. Can't believe you managed to have a back and forth conversation about it while I was typing that out haha.
as much as a flog that Warnie is, he's often seen giving advice to touring spinners if they want any, which is pretty awesome really, Wasim Akram is another who often comes down and talks to different bowlers and offers some advice.

Plugger35

The umpires are always right!
Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Not surprising that Bangladesh are putting up a better fight in their 2nd innings, it usually happens when a team is made to follow on as the pitch is flatter and the bowlers aren't as fresh. Still a long way to go before NZ will have to bat again so they wouldn't be too concerned at this stage.

Costanza_

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
West Ham United
It's all happening. Overturned wicket, wicket, dropped catch in the space of 5 minutes.

1641866998140.png

Jamurp

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
Das looks a really promising player, some seriously good strokes.

PhatBoy

Hall of Famer
May 5, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Das looks a really promising player, some seriously good strokes.

He’s got a bit of Dickwella syndrome (albeit he has got a test century) in that he is very positive, has lots of good shots but finds ways to throw it away

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jamurp

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Melbourne
He’s got a bit of Dickwella syndrome (albeit he has got a test century) in that he is very positive, has lots of good shots but finds ways to throw it away
Dickwella, haven't heard that name is a while, seemed to only play the ramp shot? Reckon Rizwan is the perfect combo of attack/defence player.

TubbsFarquhar

Hall of Famer
Jan 18, 2009
I Don't Know
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Sturt
200 up for Bangladesh. It's likely to still be an innings defeat but at least they're not rolling over completely. Great partnership from these two.

Plugger35

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Got to admire the way that the Bangladesh batsmen keep on playing their shots despite being in a hopeless position, I guess they don't have much to lose now.

Costanza_

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
West Ham United
Three of the most sumptuous drives you'll ever see in the same over from Das.

Decent average for a wicket-keeper/batsman (33.5) after 28 tests. And at 27 should just be entering his prime years.

Edit: Wait, he's not keeping. Nurul Hasan is.

Last edited:

TubbsFarquhar

Hall of Famer
Jan 18, 2009
I Don't Know
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Sturt
Got to admire the way that the Bangladesh batsmen keep on playing their shots despite being in a hopeless position, I guess they don't have much to lose now.
It helps when you're timing and driving them as well as Das is. Sohan nearly just threw his wicket away at the start of this over.

TubbsFarquhar

Hall of Famer
Jan 18, 2009
I Don't Know
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea, Sturt
That was coming, Sohan finally comes undone by playing a shot that wasn't there. He's done that a few times in the last 5 overs or so and gotten away with it but not that time.

Fantastic catch as well.

Plugger35

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
A chance for NZ to wrap this match up today with that partnership broken.

Costanza_

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
West Ham United
A chance for NZ to wrap this match up today with that partnership broken.

They may run out of daylight.

Commentators were discussing that across a test series, if one of the ground doesn't have lights then lights can't be used at the venue that does have them. Is this specific to NZ? Or this series? What an absurd restriction.

Plugger35

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
They may run out of daylight.

Commentators were discussing that across a test series, if one of the ground doesn't have lights then lights can't be used at the venue that does have them. Is this specific to NZ? Or this series? What an absurd restriction.

The lights look like they are on there but it still looks quite dark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad