New Zealand vs Bangladesh (2 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there any particular reason Taylor is retiring before the SAf series? Form related?

Would have to be I’d say. He’s been on the slide for a while - he’s not the sort of player to grind his way back to form, he’s tried to hit his way to some runs but it just hasn’t happened. Picked the right time I think.

Outstanding servant for NZ cricket and if not for the public profile and explosiveness of McCullum and the sheer quality of Williamson I think he’d be a lot more well acknowledged within the cricket world as what he is: a genuine great of the NZ game

Would have to be I’d say. He’s been on the slide for a while

Just took a look and yeah it's been a lean run. Averaged 29 over the last 12 months, including just 5 in the recent series against India. Last century was over 2 years (16 tests) ago. Expected for a guy who is almost 38.

Great career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I think Taylor is bowing out at the right time, if anything he might have gone on a couple of test series too long, retiring after the WTC final might have been better but at least this way he has retired in front of a home crowd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back