New Zealand vs England 2017/18 (5 ODIs, 2 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

England will need a wicket very soon here, since you get 2 minutes for a new batter to come to the crease.

Just the review probably kills the match, timewise.

Edit: plus he smashed it.
That's exactly why he did it. Root needs a hattrick basically

Oh that is BS. Let him bowl the last 2. Smart review. I wonder if you can review literally any dismissal. Something for players to keep in mind in those situations.

Edit: regardless, that was a brilliant innings from Sodhi. Wagner and de Grandhomme brilliant as well. Nice to see some real quality cricket before the season ends.

Brilliant rearguard action from the NZ middle and late order batsmen. England need to find some new bowlers quickly, because Anderson and Broad cannot go on forever.

Dramatic finish with Wagner dismissed and then the umpires calling it off.

England can't complain though, they had plenty of time to take those last few wickets, heroic effort from Sodhi and Wagner to hold them out for so long.

NZ's first test series win over England in almost 20 years.

Well done NZ - shades of Whitney and Hadlee, but I do think the laws should allow an over to be finished once started (if a result is still possible)

Would love to have seen it in park cricket - would have been an epic punch up if a team tried to walk off (but we play overs not time)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done to New Zealand. They let it slip in a similar situation in 12/13 when Prior held out for a draw and they failed to win the series.

England in for some tough times ahead. They need to find one reliable opener at the very least because Cook looks done and Stoneman is no certainty.

Same way stumps can be called midway through an over when a wicket falls.

You have no right to complain, you had a full session to take 4 lower order wickets and only managed one prior to that over.

But that over still gets completed the next day!!! I've never heard of finishing early on the last day when a result is still possible

Incredible effort to hold on from the Kiwis.

Wagner - 7 off 103 balls! It's a scarcely believable score but it's also the most valuable innings he will ever play.

New Zealand are a good team. The only sides they can't get on top of at home are Australia and South Africa - although with Australia's current predicament, I bet they'd love a series against them right now. They'd smash them.

And the loss to South Africa last year was desperately unlucky; if not for rain, it would have been a draw.

Incredible effort to hold on from the Kiwis.

Wagner - 7 off 103 balls! It's a scarcely believable score but it's also the most valuable innings he will ever play.

New Zealand are a good team. The only sides they can't get on top of at home are Australia and South Africa - although with Australia's current predicament, I bet they'd love a series against them right now. They'd smash them.

And the loss to South Africa last year was desperately unlucky; if not for rain, it would have been a draw.

They’re just one more really top class batsman short of being a top side imo. Nicholls, Raval and Latham are all serviceable but not elite. Still mystifying how Munro can’t get a start.

Wagner is very one dimensional but he has a huge heart.

They’re just one more really top class batsman short of being a top side imo. Nicholls, Raval and Latham are all serviceable but not elite. Still mystifying how Munro can’t get a start.

Wagner is very one dimensional but he has a huge heart.

Well Munro joined the 'focusing on white ball cricket' bridge recently, so that's basically ended that (at least for now).

Terrific rearguard batting from the boys. So proud of the heart and concentration they showed holding England out.

1-0

Get that up ya England! :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back