New Zealand vs England 2017/18 (5 ODIs, 2 Tests)

Remove this Banner Ad

Curators at the Caketin have been on Magic Mushrooms by the looks of it...

View attachment 465587

And I did lol at the coin toss when the wicket was described as 'agricultural' due to the smell it was letting off..

If you look at the whole ground, they actually mowed in a silver fern. Looks s**t in portions, but impressive when you see the whole thing.

It will be a great win if Santner can hold his end and allow Kane to bat freely.

Williamson with a hundred.

Won't mean much if we can't get the win though.
Great innings, but I think he should have had a proper crack a little earlier. Guess we'll see in this last over.

Another great ODI.

There'll always time for any form of cricket between two strong and evenly matched sides

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolutely immense knock by Taylor and a great game in front of a packed crowd picturesque setting.

I saw a bit of the England innings earlier, Root and Bairstow were going ok but hardly pushing the limits when 1 down 30 overs in probably a few too many dot balls facing Munro and Santner. In fairness to them it still should've been enough (and they did still nearly get bowled out somehow).

There's something so satisfying about watching Taylor go about his work.

His hands are unbelievable when he's up and going, particularly when he's cutting and slog sweeping

That’s probably in the top 3 best ODI innings of all under the circumstance. Battling cramp when on 110. Series on the line. Coming in at 2/3 when both of your openers get duck eggs and the RRR pushing 8 by the 10th over. Having your captain wrongfully dismissed. And against probably the inform ODI side in the world alongside India. Probably only Gilly and Ponting’s WC final innings in 2003 and 2007 top that.

Still can’t fathom how NZ pulled this off when England were 1/267 odd and NZ started their innings with 2/3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s probably in the top 3 best ODI innings of all under the circumstance. Battling cramp when on 110. Series on the line. Coming in at 2/3 when both of your openers get duck eggs and the RRR pushing 8 by the 10th over. Having your captain wrongfully dismissed. And against probably the inform ODI side in the world alongside India. Probably only Gilly and Ponting’s WC final innings in 2003 and 2007 top that.

Still can’t fathom how NZ pulled this off when England were 1/267 odd and NZ started their innings with 2/3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good call with the status of Taylor's innings being something special, but would have to have Herschelle Gibbs' 175 right up there too.

Turned an absolutely unthinkable target into something that the South African's were in a relatively comfortable position with still another 20 overs on the board.

Both sensational efforts, but shouldn't detract from Taylor's innings in such an improbable situation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back