Teams New Zealand Warriors

Remove this Banner Ad

Awesome game. Im about as happy as a fan could be with a loss. Still gutted but proud of the boys solid gutsy effort. Great that went toe to toe with the competition leaders.

Sadly theres an elephant in the room and thats Cappys strange decision to bench Tuimoala Lolohea with Jonathan Wright. Im absolutely incredulous at this selection. Baffles me as to what his motives were. Defence? Id argue that the Tui/Ayshford combo would have performed just as well but with the added advantage of being able to finish of tries and half chances. Wright bumbling that sitter try then fumbling the loose ball had us going to the sheds at the wrong end of the ledger when we should have had a healthy lead.

Wont go on. Makes me upset to think about it and Id like to remember this game for the positives.

David Fusitua MUST continue as our fill in fullback. He does well under the high ball, chimes into the line well and has a solid kick return but most importantly his defence is stoic. Light years ahead of both Tui and RTS in that regard.

After such a tough battle I wont be surprised if we lose to the Titans but Im expecting a great encounter and hopefully the boys can get the result at home before having a well deserved bye.

LETS GONE WARRIORS!!!

Must win game for the Warriors next week, with them and Titans fighting for top 8 spot.
For sure. That would mean 4 points with the bye...

Missed the game, but from what I'm reading not all bad. Losing in the golden wank off is hardly the worst against the top side away from home. At least we've been good for 4 weeks in a row.
Missed a nail biter. Was a good game even if you dont follow either team...

Can anyone tell me the difference (other than the Raiders player making a poor read in defense in the try we had disallowed) to the one we were given late in the game?

Perth, Auckland and back to Aus again was always going to hurt, but the mere fact we got cheated out of a point in a lottery says more about this side than the comment above.

Mate I was going for the Warriors. Who the hell knows what the bunker thinks..look at the s**t they served up in SOO. They usually go for the home team.

Steven Kearney to coach the Warriors.

Link

Vodafone Warriors managing director Jim Doyle last night confirmed long-serving Kiwi coach Stephen Kearney is returning to the club as its new head coach on a three-year deal.

The appointment headlines a major revamp of the club’s NRL coaching staff which sees current head coach Andrew McFadden remain as one of Kearney’s assistants, Vodafone Warriors legend Stacey Jones promoted to add further depth in a new role and another experienced international coach set to be signed to join the coaching team.

Kearney (44) will finish his assistant coach’s job with the Brisbane Broncos when their 2016 campaign ends to rejoin the club he made 79 appearances for as a foundation player from 1995-1998.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Warriors could go into their first game of the season without experienced players Bodene Thompson and Manu Vatuvei.

The players are both recovering from injuries and while Thompson is on an extended interchange bench, Vatuvei is missing from the 21 for Sunday's game against the Knights at Mt Smart Stadium and will play in the NSW Cup team.

Warriors coach Stephen Kearney has stuck with the same team that defeated the Titans 26-6 in their trial game in Palmerston North on February 19.

Getting excited.

Link

He was good, but it shouldn't hide some pretty cclear problems this side has.

Link

Kieran Foran earned rave reviews in Australia as his long-awaited return to the NRL was digested.

Foran starred on debut for the Warriors in their much-needed 28-22 win over the Gold Coast Titans in Auckland on Sunday.

The playmaker has been making headlines on either side of the Tasman for all the wrong reasons over the last year or so as he was plagued by serious personal issues.

This was my comment elsewhere:

Although the Warriors' attack is starting to look a lot better (and Foran and Johnson have the makings of a great partnership), as long as they have these defensive lapses they won't be troubling the top half of the table. They only just managed to scrape past a Titans side way down on troops, and some of the tries they conceded were just embarrassing.

This was my comment elsewhere:

Although the Warriors' attack is starting to look a lot better (and Foran and Johnson have the makings of a great partnership), as long as they have these defensive lapses they won't be troubling the top half of the table. They only just managed to scrape past a Titans side way down on troops, and some of the tries they conceded were just embarrassing.

In a nutshell.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck re-signs for New Zealand Warriors

Link

New Zealand Warriors captain Roger Tuivasa-Sheck has re-signed with the franchise until the end of the 2022.

The 24-year-old had been the subject of interest from New Zealand Rugby about a possible code switch, but chose to stay on with the Warriors.

He said in a statement from the franchise that he was happy to have signed the new deal before the start of the upcoming National Rugby League season.

"I'm excited knowing my future will be with the Warriors for another four years after this season. I'm also glad to be able to sort it out now before the season starts.

Warriors sold.

Link

The sale of the Warriors is set to be announced.

Stuff has been told a press conference confirming the sale will be held in Auckland at 5pm.

The Auckland-based NRL club is being sold by Eric Watson's Cullen Investments to the Carlaw Heritage Trust and Autex Industries.

Is this considered a good thing?

Debatable mate. Hands back ownership to the grassroots which is good, but that means Lowe and Scurrah could be involved again which I personally don't like the thought of.

The worry is, once they start going in the right direction someone comes in and stuffs that up. That's my concern even though doubts remain on Kearney.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back