M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I went to New Zealand late November 2018 and was based at Queenstown, did a 3 day hike on the Routeburn track followed by a week of adventure activities eg. skydive, bungee jump, white water rafting, jet boat., fantastic food and amazing scenery as well. Highly recommended if that sort of stuff is your thing.

I stayed in a hotel right across the esplanade from the lake bottom right.
1606975023700.png

Caesar

Ex-Huckleberry
Mar 3, 2005
Tombstone, AZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'm supposed to be going over for the America's Cup in March... have had my cousin's spare bedroom booked for the last three years.

Whether I actually get there looks like a bit of a toss-up.

checkraiseulite

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
only been to the south island.

really enjoyed it - great scenery and friendly people.

slow pace. surprisingly i did find it expensive - more so than here - but worth it.

we hired a 4wd and drove around the sites.

looking forward to going back

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Ye South Island is great. If you are in Queenstown have to go to Fergburger.
One of the best burgers Iā€™ve ever had
Ah yes, I agree on Fergburger, you have a long queue most of the time but they get through it pretty quickly, I had it 6-7 times in the 10 days I was there, the Bambi Burger was my favourite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2Knights

Team Captain
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
There are no other teams
Ski trip - South Island, Queenstown or Wanaka. Avoid 1st week September.

Road trip - Both islands are great, though I'd give the nod to South Is. Hire yourself a decent set of wheels, manual if possible. NZ is no place for gutless automatics. Road rules are similar, but lots of one-lane bridges.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Do not book flights to new zealand. if there is just the slightest outbreak (which is almost a certainty) adhern will close the border and you will not get your money back on flights. you will be given very restrictive vouchers. Air new zealands are particularly appalling for an australian. Airbnb also wont give you your money back unless you book free cancellation Properties. Most of them are not free cancellation.

the concept of overseas travel bubbles is a scam between the governments and travel industry to lure you into booking. They know there is little chance of them going ahead uninterupted. But they get your money.

im now refusing to go to new zealand for a decade over this scam.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back