NewEra AFL hats coming soon - thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah Mate I go for OKC not any individual players, hence the super defensiveness

But when did you start going for them? Are you from OKC? Did you just really hate the Supersonics? You at the very least jumped on a team who had 3 very high draft picks, but how are you less of a bandwagoner than Miami fans or GSW fans?

But when did you start going for them? Are you from OKC? Did you just really hate the Supersonics? You at the very least jumped on a team who had 3 very high draft picks, but how are you less of a bandwagoner than Miami fans or GSW fans?

I started going for Thunder in the 09-10 season when we drafted Harden (who was my favourite player on the Thunder until he left).

I never followed the NBA before and when choosing a team I wanted to go for one that had a bunch of young up and comers, the thunder fit this bill with Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, Harden and Green in the team. I had no idea about the sonics being relocated to OKC until a couple of seasons later as I've mentioned I never followed the NBA previously.

I didn't just jump on a team that already had stars on its roster or had won a championship/s like many heat or warriors fans might have. When I started going for OKC they were a fresh team who had heaps of potential much like the Twolves are now, I was hoping to go for a team that would be together long term who's young players would grow and improve in the future. (I guess we all know how that turned out now unfortunately, but I'm still sticking with the Thunder 100% and don't care if we are mediocre for the next 30 years... I'll still support them)

Hahaha why the hell are people arguing about bandwagoning in the NBA.

It's the most bandwagoned league in the world because people tend to follow players, not teams. And that's absolutely fine until someone sooks about bandwagoning and then someone else gets super defensive, especially when they follow a team like OKC or GS

Then why arent all OKC fans now Warriors fans?? The Durant fans probably are.

Im not gonna lie. Durant was my favourite player and I was devesated when he left but im still a Thunder fan for life and Durant could go die for all I care now. What a pea hearted spoilt campaigner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back