NewEra AFL hats coming soon - thoughts?

zimma

Premiership Player
Apr 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
These hats are a fad and will be gone no sooner than they are brought in.
They look terrible.
The flat brim maybe, but baseball caps in general.. Hardly a fad.

Sadly I can't stand the cartoonish Richmond logo so looks like I shall keep my $60 for now it seems. I can understand the hat on the flat brims, well price too perhaps but they are actually really comfortable caps, wear mine almost every day and still looks like new.

Stewies Power

Premiership Player
Sep 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aus Cricket Team & F1 Ricciardo
This was retweeted by Carlton FC today. The cap was bought in the Carlton shop.

A2E47NcCEAASs70.jpg

Sep 29, 2008
Between the lines.
AFL Club
West Coast
MLB players wear 59fiftys. These have no elastic on the inside, which means they are not flexifit.
NewEra make fitted caps, similar to the style that Flexfit make. They are, however, two different companies..
They make a hat oftened referred to by independent retailers as a flex fit, or stretch fit, style of hat. I am well aware there is an independent brand named FlexFit, but as the original poster mentioned that is simply how he saw the hat advertised.

It would not be the only retailer to have done this with 59fiftys/stretch fit caps.

J_M_J

Debutant
Aug 26, 2012
Perth, Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, Perth Glory
They make a hat oftened referred to by independent retailers as a flex fit, or stretch fit, style of hat. I am well aware there is an independent brand named FlexFit, but as the original poster mentioned that is simply how he saw the hat advertised.

It would not be the only retailer to have done this with 59fiftys/stretch fit caps.

Yeah, I understand. The AFL store used the term Flexifit for them. Fitted is a much more apt term, but perhaps I'm being pedantic.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Some of the grey tones look great. The hawthorn cap on kickz101 facebook site is perfect, just the logo no wording. Feel sorry for most AFL clubs though, some styles look average and not as great.

Synth

I'm kind of a big deal
May 25, 2009
Bayside, Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melb City, Man City, NY Giants
Either way, there seems to be a lot of buzz going around over these hats so hopefully with popularity, stores can make larger orders and bring the cost down.

And hopefully with popularity we get more designs :)

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
Finally a hat worth purchasing to support my team, with out wearing those goofy small head, bent brim rubbish. Ol skool n sweet
I see that our administration and promoters are going to do the usual, follow someone elses ideas . When I see those hats I can,t help thinking American bullshit, two words that come to mind .
Well whats new, we,ve turned the game into soccer and rugby and throw ball, so why not some good ol boys hat, where the hells Australia gone? Let alone Australian rules. Also some bleeding band for the GF, I,ve never heard of , are they Australian?

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Maybe its just cultural cringe on my behalf, but there is something quite lame about seeing AFL logo's on that style cap.
Because its yankee, we have done one thing the yanks can,t do, not have a recession, thats real smart. Why do we have to look like bloody Americans , we,re smarter than they are, wheres an Australian design?

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Not sure if this has been covered yet or not but it seems like there will soon be AFL versions of the NewEra hats. Obviously a move to be more like the NBA/MLB merch, just wondered what people thought?

NYG0W.jpg

Source:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...48532.36367.164196943599423&type=1&permPage=1
Please tell all Hawks this is not a new era hat . Its a copy of an American baffoon hat , the one they wear while swaggering into the "diiiner" on route 66 with yankee flags all over it , probably driving a "big rig"
with the stars and stripes all over it, saying breaker breaker pigpen, Sorry folks I can,t help it , its what springs to mind when I see these hats. The same as the crappy caps worn backwards the American street kids wear.
Seeing them on Aussie kids just makes me laugh, surely we still have a little of our own in our brains these days.
When I think of the truckie in the hat, his rig has probably got the 82nd airborne insignia on it too, but as he heads into the diner to have his coffees and six giant hamburgers you can tell he,s gigantically overweight and couldn,t run out of sight in a fog. Thats what the hat does to me. But I am weird sometimes, especially when I look at something and find it isn,t there . Know what I mean?

Back