News News It's Official - Footy is back Thursday 11th June

Remove this Banner Ad

You could make a very strong argument that a flag counts for even more this year.

To stand tall amongst all the additional difficulties this year has thrown at the players, clubs and supporters. The changes to the structure of the season. The changes to training methods. Changes to venues. The profound alteration to the game that having no crowds will make. Ongoing anxieties about the virus. Concerns for friends and family members who are going through hardships of one kind or another. The testing. The scrutiny.

To come through all that and more and win the premiership. To give back to all those loyal supporters.

What a special thing to achieve.
And add that every team will play each other once

Well call me a cynic,
Will it be a normal season?
Or some kind of lightening premiership and no crowds but TV coverage?
And if Collingwood actually wins would my joy change compared to a normal season?
Massively Collingwood is fans cheering every touch and every goal.
Thats Football to me.
In closing I love Collingwood I love football.
But 2020 is over
It will count more than the last Carlton premiership where they rorted the cap

Covid could be around for a few more years, I reckon just take what we can get, beats sitting around watching home and away

I am the same as you I miss football so much.And understand your view and others.
But hey see what happens if the footy gets of the ground.
The draw the interstate teams and traveling.
I am sure what ever team if there is a Grand Final the winning team will be vilified on Big Footy as a fake grand final winner.

I am the same as you I miss football so much.And understand your view and others.
But hey see what happens if the footy gets of the ground.
The draw the interstate teams and traveling.
I am sure what ever team if there is a Grand Final the winning team will be vilified on Big Footy as a fake grand final winner.

and That why we will win the Flag this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally we have a date, so hopefully the public sticks to social distancing and doesn't go crazy with restrictions lifted, and we avoid any spikes in the spread of the virus, avoiding any further holdups to the season.
I cannot wait to see the Black n White run out again onto the "G"...

Finally we have a date, so hopefully the public sticks to social distancing and doesn't go crazy with restrictions lifted, and we avoid any spikes in the spread of the virus, avoiding any further holdups to the season.
I cannot wait to see the Black n White run out again onto the "G"...

I'd like to see an MCG with 20k capacity and only 1 in 5 seats open... you can watch the footy and still keep 1.5 metres, or pretty damn close.

Because it’s a compromised season.
Some teams prevented from playing in their home state.
Some teams to play 2 or three times a week.
Some not.
This years competition is purely to reboot payments from 7 and Foxtel. It’s not a fixture, not even a fixed fixture.
Its a TV fixture and not worthy of the fans adulation or acknowledgement.

Some not.
This years competition is purely to reboot payments from 7 and Foxtel. It’s not a fixture, not even a fixed fixture.

and whats your opinion on premierships won during the war? Or just after/before the war?

What about premierships won due to unfair zones?

What about the 70s and 80s when all the rich clubs were paying their stars money under the table?

What about the early days when teams could win the spoon and premiership in the same year?

and whats your opinion on premierships won during the war? Or just after/before the war?

What about premierships won due to unfair zones?

What about the 70s and 80s when all the rich clubs were paying their stars money under the table?

What about the early days when teams could win the spoon and premiership in the same year?
Geez, I’m not sure I can comment on the war years because I WASN’T ALIVE!
Everything e,se is simply white noise, not particularly proven. And that proof would be a court of law, or a sport court of arbitration.
I will, and can, comment about season 2020 because I’m living it.
And it’s become a pay per view/comment/play debacle.
You rail against the 70’s/80’s as money under the table.
Season 2020 is now predicated on the TV rights money over the top of the table.
Theres very little difference.
Heres the big Q.
If Carlton win the Premiership 2020, would you recognise it as legitimate?
P.S. as far as spoon/premiership in one season goes, it’s in the past, damn little I can do about it.
2020? I can, and do, have an opinion.

I've missed footy a lot this year but I have misgivings about its return. It feels really strange to be kicking off a footy season in June with four teams located in a new city. It's also strange to have footy played in empty stadiums. That energy and excitement is irreplaceable to the true football experience. It doesn't feel the same to me.

I've missed footy a lot this year but I have misgivings about its return. It feels really strange to be kicking off a footy season in June with four teams located in a new city. It's also strange to have footy played in empty stadiums. That energy and excitement is irreplaceable to the true football experience. It doesn't feel the same to me.

It's better then no Footy at all.

People will get more into it when it Finally Re-Starts.

We are not Kicking Off the Season. RD1 already been Played

So we scrap the 2020 season? We could still have empty stadiums in 2021. If this virus is still around, which very well maybe because, despite Trump praying for it, it just doesn't go away. Until there is a vaccine, social distancing maybe a thing that stays, and that vaccine may well be 12 to 18 months away. Do we scrap the 2021 season?

Last edited:
Some not.

no team will play 2-3 times a week the AFL are aiming for October 25th for the grand fine which will be 20 weeks from reboot 16 rounds and 4 weeks of finals. Yes teams wont be playing at home but them team are unlikely to even travel. Yes the it is money driven cause the players need to be paid and the clubs need money as well as the AFL. As for compromised each team will play each other once this is the most uncompromised fixture for a long time.
yes at this stage there will be no crowds but if Collingwood as standing on the podium on oct 25th holding the cup I will be celebrating like normal and nothing anyone can say will change how I feel about winning a flag this year

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back