News News It's Official - Footy is back Thursday 11th June

Remove this Banner Ad

"The world we are... now... in."
  • Training return, Monday 18th.
  • Full contact training on Monday May 25th.
  • Games resumes Thurs June 11th.
  • Clubs to undergo education sessions, plus screening and regular testing.
  • Umpires and key matchday staff also screened and tested.
  • Flexibility to adapt where necessary is important.
  • Not placing burden on public health system is paramount.
  • Government Ministers thanked etc.
  • Decisions in line with advice from government and medical authorities.
  • AFL has been given an opportunity, and understand accept responsibility to football industry and wider community.
  • Fixture to be released over time, in 4-6 week blocks.
  • First block released over next 10 days.
  • Games only in states which have approved full contact training and matches.
  • WA and SA to train at home, move to Gold Coast
  • SA clubs to move to Gold Coast before May 25 for full contact training.
  • Gold Coast base in place for at least 4 weeks, with an eye on changes in state regs going forward.
  • Family visits to be allowed and paid for by the AFL.
  • Flexibility to be maintained with changing restrictions.

To the Magpie Army,

For those of us who love our footy, we are incredibly pleased to hear that our players can return to training and to play in the near future. I know that you are all looking forward to the ball bouncing to start Round 2 and to get season 2020 underway again.

Footy is back!

It has certainly been a strange period for all of us. The Holden Centre hasn’t been the same without our players together, training, striving, laughing and focussed, or without the presence of the Magpie Army.

Whilst I haven’t seen or heard the regular buzz of our club in action for a few months now, I’ve definitely felt it and I’ve heard it from you, our members. In such tough times, it’s been powerful to see how strong the sense of belonging is, and how deeply the threads of the black and white stripes connect us all together. We’ve found new ways to keep our connection alive. Different ways and places to communicate, engage and be together.

As we re-launch into the season, it’s an exciting time and our players and coaches can’t wait to get back out training as a group and then playing. As you have seen over the last weeks, they have really valued your support as members and they are all committed to keeping that communication going in different ways once our training and matches start.

It has been a very unique year and no doubt will continue to be. If there is one thing the Collingwood spirit is – it’s resilient. There is no challenge we cannot overcome as a collective. We are stronger together and together we share the emotion of football. Today that is excitement at what our future holds. And there is so much more to come.

Most importantly, thank you for your personal and ongoing support of our Club and team. In these most difficult of times, it has mattered more than ever. It is hugely appreciated.

We look forward to marking the new fixture dates in our calendars when it is released in the next fortnight. We will continue to keep you across all updates and news from the Holden Centre as it comes.

Go Pies!

Mark Anderson
Chief Executive Officer

Oct 14, 2015
Free State NSW
AFL Club
Collingwood
To the Magpie Army,

For those of us who love our footy, we are incredibly pleased to hear that our players can return to training and to play in the near future. I know that you are all looking forward to the ball bouncing to start Round 2 and to get season 2020 underway again.

Footy is back!

It has certainly been a strange period for all of us. The Holden Centre hasn’t been the same without our players together, training, striving, laughing and focussed, or without the presence of the Magpie Army...

FMD Jathanas!

Was impressed by your erudition and sense of grandeur.

It took me a few paragraphs to realise that this wasn't your text.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
I'm looking forward to watching the Gold Coast Eagles, the Gold Coast Dockers, the Gold Coast Power, the Gold Coast Crows and the Gold Coast Suns. May they all continue be as s**t as every other team from that city. I wish them all the success of Gold Coast United.

FMD Jathanas!

Was impressed by your erudition and sense of grandeur.

It took me a few paragraphs to realise that this wasn't your text.

I thought you'd be immediately able to recognise my posts by now.

Their better expressed then you're ones.

I'm looking forward to watching the Gold Coast Eagles, the Gold Coast Dockers, the Gold Coast Power, the Gold Coast Crows and the Gold Coast Suns. May they all continue be as s**t as every other team from that city. I wish them all the success of Gold Coast United.
Post of the month!

Well call me a cynic,
Will it be a normal season?
Or some kind of lightening premiership and no crowds but TV coverage?
And if Collingwood actually wins would my joy change compared to a normal season?
Massively Collingwood is fans cheering every touch and every goal.
Thats Football to me.
In closing I love Collingwood I love football.
But 2020 is over

Well call me a cynic,
And if Collingwood actually wins would my joy change compared to a normal season?
Thats Football to me.
But 2020 is over
In many ways I feel the same, but, if we start winning, look our! I’ll take it.

I just want footy. Couldn't give a stuff about the crowds at this point.

But crowds and the noise creates going to the football?
The atmosphere the joy of the moment even happens at suburban grounds.
As the song says "There is a lot more thing's to football that really meets the eye"

But crowds and the noise creates going to the football?
The atmosphere the joy of the moment even happens at suburban grounds.
As the song says "There is a lot more thing's to football that really meets the eye"

But we are not going to the Footy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Well call me a cynic,
Thats Football to me.
But 2020 is over

It won't be anywhere near as good, but winning round 1 was great and it's a s**t load better than nothing.

If we win the flag it still counts.

Dynamics

Cancelled
Jul 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
You could make a very strong argument that a flag counts for even more this year.

To stand tall amongst all the additional difficulties this year has thrown at the players, clubs and supporters. The changes to the structure of the season. The changes to training methods. Changes to venues. The profound alteration to the game that having no crowds will make. Ongoing anxieties about the virus. Concerns for friends and family members who are going through hardships of one kind or another. The testing. The scrutiny.

To come through all that and more and win the premiership. To give back to all those loyal supporters.

What a special thing to achieve.

You could make a very strong argument that a flag counts for even more this year.

To stand tall amongst all the additional difficulties this year has thrown at the players, clubs and supporters. The changes to the structure of the season. The changes to training methods. Changes to venues. The profound alteration to the game that having no crowds will make. Ongoing anxieties about the virus. Concerns for friends and family members who are going through hardships of one kind or another. The testing. The scrutiny.

To come through all that and more and win the premiership. To give back to all those loyal supporters.

Winners will say that but the losers will say it's not a Proper Season

Dynamics

Cancelled
Jul 23, 2007
AFL Club
Collingwood
Winners will say that but the losers will say it's not a Proper Season

Which makes it all the sweeter if you win!

I should also say that I'm completely unsure what to think about footy coming back. Like so much of what's happened this year I find myself perplexed and unsure of what's "the right thing to do". We're all stumbling in the dark!

Which makes it all the sweeter if you win!

I should also say that I'm completely unsure what to think about footy coming back. Like so much of what's happened this year I find myself perplexed and unsure of what's "the right thing to do". We're all stumbling in the dark!

Knowing our Luck we will win it this Year and October GF been good luck for us

I'm booking this to quote if we win the flag, but deleting the bookmark if someone else wins the flag.

Back