Prediction Next 4 Games

How many wins?

• Win just 1 in a state of despair

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Norf should be a win at OS, i'd give them a snif if it ends up in tassie or some backwater VIC country ground.
Adelaide at AO is no gimme, say its a loss.

Saints at OS is no gimme anymore, but should win it
Collingwood at MGC, loss
Melboune at OS, loss
Freo, win
Lions at Gabba, loss.

thats only 11 wins so good chance of us not even making the 8 gaiz.

More likely not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You accept mediocrity. I strive for better.
Mediocre
adjective
Of only average quality; not very good.

Finals in the AFL era
West Coast - 22/30

Geelong - 21/30
Sydney - 19/30
Hawthorn - 17/30
Essendon - 17/30
North Melbourne - 16/30
Adelaide 15/29
Collingwood 15/30
Bulldogs 15/30
…bunch of nuff clubs…
Gold Coast 0/11

Flags in the AFL era
Hawthorn - 5
West Coast - 4
Richmond - 3
Brisbane - 3
Geelong - 3
Sydney - 2
North Melbourne - 2
Adelaide - 2
Collingwood - 2
Essendon - 2
Port Adelaide - 1
Carlton - 1
Western Bulldogs - 1
Fremantle - 0
Gold Coast - 0
St Kilda - 0
Carlton - 0
GWS - 0

If we, the most successful club in the AFL era, are mediocre then the average must be very ******* high.

Understandably people are pretty flat with the club at the moment, but to pretend we are anything other than the benchmark of success in this league is indulgent self pity and wallowing for the sake of it.

Mediocre
adjective

Finals in the AFL era
West Coast - 22/30

Geelong - 21/30
Sydney - 19/30
Hawthorn - 17/30
Essendon - 17/30
North Melbourne - 16/30
Adelaide 15/29
Collingwood 15/30
Bulldogs 15/30
…bunch of nuff clubs…
Gold Coast 0/11

Flags in the AFL era
Hawthorn - 5
West Coast - 4
Richmond - 3
Brisbane - 3
Geelong - 3
Sydney - 2
North Melbourne - 2
Adelaide - 2
Collingwood - 2
Essendon - 2
Port Adelaide - 1
Carlton - 1
Western Bulldogs - 1
Fremantle - 0
Gold Coast - 0
St Kilda - 0
Carlton - 0
GWS - 0

If we, the most successful club in the AFL era, are mediocre then the average must be very ******* high.

Understandably people are pretty flat with the club at the moment, but to pretend we are anything other than the benchmark of success in this league is indulgent self pity and wallowing for the sake of it.
Still average with the quality of players we have had.

Mediocre
adjective

Finals in the AFL era
West Coast - 22/30

Geelong - 21/30
Sydney - 19/30
Hawthorn - 17/30
Essendon - 17/30
North Melbourne - 16/30
Adelaide 15/29
Collingwood 15/30
Bulldogs 15/30
…bunch of nuff clubs…
Gold Coast 0/11

Flags in the AFL era
Hawthorn - 5
West Coast - 4
Richmond - 3
Brisbane - 3
Geelong - 3
Sydney - 2
North Melbourne - 2
Adelaide - 2
Collingwood - 2
Essendon - 2
Port Adelaide - 1
Carlton - 1
Western Bulldogs - 1
Fremantle - 0
Gold Coast - 0
St Kilda - 0
Carlton - 0
GWS - 0

I see you have conveniently left out the 1987, 1988 and 1989 seasons.

Anyway, 4 divided by 21 = 19%. I am not sure 19% has been the benchmark for anything in society.

Hawthorn, Richmond and Brisbane all have better premiership conversions from finals appearances.

I see you have conveniently left out the 1987, 1988 and 1989 seasons.

Anyway, 4 divided by 21 = 19%. I am not sure 19% has been the benchmark for anything in society.

Hawthorn, Richmond and Brisbane all have better premiership conversions from finals appearances.
I haven’t conveniently left out anything. It’s the AFL era. I can go back to 1857 if you’d like, though our numbers won’t change much.

Premierships from finals conversion rate is an odd benchmark. It’s better to miss finals for 29 years but then win a flag in the 30th for a 100% conversion rate?

Hawthorn were on the brink of being merged out of existence, Brisbane have been as bad as any club in football for the majority of their existence bar a dominant five year window (more wooden spoons than flags for what it’s worth) and Richmond…jeez let’s not. Richmond were a punchline for 25 years before coming good in the last few, to the tune of…fewer flags than we have. By no metric has Richmond had a better 30 years than we have, recency bias aside.

We make finals more than anyone - that’s a good yardstick for being a quality team.

We win flags more often than all teams bars one. Since we’ve existed, we’ve won more flags than eight teams combined. Talk to their fanbases about their definition of mediocrity.

By any metric that makes actual sense, we’ve been as dominant as anyone since inception.

Wanting more isn’t a bad thing. Pretending what we’ve delivered has been sub par is embarrassing.

Wanting more isn’t a bad thing. Pretending what we’ve delivered has been sub par is embarrassing.

Yes the bar is very high for the eagles. But we've missed opportunities to finish 5th the last 2 years because of reasons tirelessly discussed at nausium. So i do believe we have underachieved with the list we had since 2018, we should have at least played in a prelim

We are one of the more successful clubs, and that fosters a sense of entitlement in its supporter base. Would be interesting to see how successful the club would be if we entered a decade or 2 of carlton like rabble?

Maybe then i could finally get a seated membership.

Back