Prediction Next 4 Games

How many wins?

• Win just 1 in a state of despair

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We win the next 4 because we have to, and they know it!
We finished on a high, beating the premiership team with an under strength midfield and backline.
We get our A-graders back, most after the bye. They've had a 2 week break to refresh.
Willie back training is a confidence boost for the team.
We go from weak to very strong midfield.
Dogs can be done at Optus with the calibre of this topped up team... and same applies to Swans, especially
if away from SCG...time to break that hoodoo!
Tails are up!!
The remainder of the season depends on injuries. If we can keep near to our best midfield on field, without Shuey or NN going down again.
Hard to know where we'll sit at the end, but once again if we have near to our best 22 available for finals, including Rioli and the since developed depth we now have, there's no reason not to feel bullish!?
As for WCE doing a Doggies incredible charge to a GF win from the bottom 8...well, too early to speculate on that fantasy right now...(one fantasy at a time)

Last edited:

Drew Jones

@DrewJonesFOX

·
40s

Breaking: Understand Swans players and staff will be flying to Melbourne tonight to hub in Victoria.
@FOXSportsNews

@FOXFOOTY
#AFL

Wonder if this mean we could play them in Melbourne?

Freo are flying over with some bubble requirements so they can play the Pies so i can see us being able to do the same. There is a chance for some crowds this week and we have a decent following over there so could be way better option then the SCG!

Drew Jones

@DrewJonesFOX

·
40s

Breaking: Understand Swans players and staff will be flying to Melbourne tonight to hub in Victoria.
@FOXSportsNews

@FOXFOOTY
#AFL

Wonder if this mean we could play them in Melbourne?

Freo are flying over with some bubble requirements so they can play the Pies so i can see us being able to do the same. There is a chance for some crowds this week and we have a decent following over there so could be way better option then the SCG!
Doubt we play them at SCG as McGowan is set to announce further travel restrictions. Swans play In Melbourne the week after our game with them, so makes sense that they hub there and we play them over there. MCG would be great but Marvel is more likely

The last two Swans-Eagles MCG encounters were epic Grand Finals.

Opportunity to extend our Sydney @ the MCG winning streak (to 2…)?

…but seriously though, it’ll be at Marvel most likely.

On Topic - anything less than 3/4 would be disappointing but who knows.

Being nearly at full strength scares me….bound to anger the footy gods if we try and play all our best midfielders together at one time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Eagles and Freo each have 8 wins out of the last 9 round and Lions and Cats only manage 5 wins each?

Nice to dream but I think I'd prefer to beat Richmond or Geelong in a GF anyway.

Well I did say "fairly". A bit of poetic licence as far as the Dockers are concerned I'll grant you, but for us the first four are quite realistically achievable for a side with quality players coming back and bordering on full strength. Which leaves us the last 5 games to consider. Which 2 of these do you see us dropping?

St Kilda at Optus
Collingwood
Melbourne at Optus
Dockers
Brisbane

Well I did say "fairly". A bit of poetic licence as far as the Dockers are concerned I'll grant you, but for us the first four are quite realistically achievable for a side with quality players coming back and bordering on full strength. Which leaves us the last 5 games to consider. Which 2 of these do you see us dropping?

St Kilda at Optus
Collingwood
Melbourne at Optus
Dockers
Brisbane

We need 8/9 for top 4 (or to at least be a chance) which I think is possible.

If I had my choice on the game to lose it would be against Melbourne (obviously choosing to lose one is a pretty hard task). They look unlikely to lose 4/8 (excluding our game) - and due to percentage we are probably not going to jump them on the same amount of wins. If they keep winning however then Port, Dogs and Cats all drop a game to them (as would we).

That said, I think most if not all teams have an 'unexpected loss' coming up at some stage...

St Kilda at Optus
Collingwood
Melbourne at Optus
Dockers
Brisbane

Its not us getting to 17 wins that I was questioning. I was questioning Geelong and Brisbane falling out of the top 4. Its possible but I think it is more likely we end 5th on % again...

1624412685876.png

We need to have a couple of ~100 point wins at some stage in order to “fix” our percentage and have any chance. It’s really hard to win by that sort of margin, let alone twice. I guess the most likely candidates in the games remaining are North at home, and maybe St Kilda at home if they fall apart.

priorities for venues v Sydney

1. Optus
2. Adelaide Oval
3. MCG
4. Marvel

All in the way you sell it

"Hey Sydney, didn't you beat us in our last game at Optus? We beat you in our last game at the MCG, so I mean playing at Optus would be better for you right?..."

RwbkJfAn-IIS1fEV8_hAcs-s3vz4_8_Q66DCIyssgZI.jpg

We need to have a couple of ~100 point wins at some stage in order to “fix” our percentage and have any chance. It’s really hard to win by that sort of margin, let alone twice. I guess the most likely candidates in the games remaining are North at home, and maybe St Kilda at home if they fall apart.
We really are due a few old fashioned flat tracks, if we could do it in 2014/2015 then why not now?

As long as we win there are a few good fixtures in our favour coming up, considering we play 4 teams currently above us.

Gee v Bri unless a draw we catch up on one of them.
Port v Syd see above, except we will go up rung if Syd lose.

Dogs v Syd widen the gap with swans or catch Dogs?
Port v Melb very unlikely to catch Melb but still 2 teams above us playing off.

Rich v Lions at the G could see Rich winning and closing the gap for us with Brissy.
Fre v Gee at optus with Freo knocking on the door of Finals could be a chance of winning.

Cats v Rich another that works for us with Rich winning.

Meb v Dogs win win

Final round could be massive.
Cats v Melb
Dogs v Port
Lions V WCE

End of the day if we can win most games we are a chance of going top 4, if we win all we should be a very good chance getting top 4.

Back