Remove this Banner Ad

W.
W.
W.
W.
W.

I count 5 wins.

EfzSPb_WsAIvAID.jpg

Unbelievable how noticeable his absence felt today.

Just had the feeling that if he smashed through a nice little 'finesse' goal, the forward line would spark up and that single Freddie goal would turn into at a couple more elsewhere.

My exact thoughts

Imagine if he was playing. I bet Jyath wouldn't have been able to attack as much as he would have been accountable for the other fastest player on the field.

I reckon lose to Carlton and Swans
Win the others

Tigers will be an interesting game

( looking forward to looking back on this prediction with completely opposite results playing out 😁)

Must win: Carlton, St. Kilda.
Should win: Port, Sydney (at home)

Leaves Richmond as the game we can afford to drop. But looks winnable on paper as well.

I can't decide which game I'm most excited / nervous for.

Carlton have rapidly become my second least favourite team, and with the Eagles so average Carlton really are fighting for the bottom spot.
In other words I really want to beat them.

On the other hand we lost to Saints at home which felt like such a crap game, and I want to see us respond and beat them at Marvel.

If we're truly going to challenge these are two games we should take, but they're both risky.

I would take 3 wins, I think only the Port game we would start warm favourites, Sydney we will be slight favourites, the 3 away games I reckon we start as underdogs especially if Carlton beat Richmond this week. The Carlton & Sydney game are the two big ones as wins there will be hge for top 4, I don't see Richmond or the Saints making a charge for the 4, they will be 6-10th slots imo.

Port will knock a few good teams from now until the end of season, they are a dangerous team, finals aren't really a chance but they don't have a lot of injury issues at the moment and have a very good best 22. We have not beat them yet under JL.

I feel like the next 5 games is the equivalent of Day 3 at the US Masters: "Moving Day". This is where we actually find out who is going to be in the hunt for Top 4/2 and who is fighting for position in the bottom half of the 8 and I don't have us starting favourites in any of our away games.

I do think they're all winnable (with St. Kilda being the one I'm most uncertain about) but I just don't know. I'd be very happy with 3 wins. 3 wins puts us in that fight for Top 4. 2 wins has us sitting back most likely for 5th or 6th fighting for home finals. 1 or less and we'll be white-knuckling the rest of the season trying to hold on for dear life.

4 or more puts us in that Top 2 picture but I just don't see it. Unlike Collingwood, Brisbane and St. Kilda we actually are a young team and I expect some players to start fading towards the back end. Switta basically gone for the season and a few more will most likely pop up.

It's tough. I'm a pessimist but if we make the Top 4 or indeed Top 2 this year we DEFINITELY would've deserved it (unlike some other bolters from previous season's whose draw utterly flattered them). I have us with 2 wins, potentially a 3rd against Carlton or Richmond.

Last edited:
I feel like the next 5 games is the equivalent of Day 3 at the US Masters: "Moving Day". This is where we actually find out who is going to be in the hunt for Top 4/2 and who is fighting for position in the bottom half of the 8 and I don't have us starting favourites in any of our away games.

I do think they're all winnable (with St. Kilda being the one I'm most uncertain about) but I just don't know. I'd be very happy with 3 wins. 3 wins puts us in that fight for Top 4. 2 wins has us sitting back most likely for 5th or 6th fighting for home finals. 1 or less and we'll be white-knuckling the rest of the season trying to hold on for dear life.

4 or more puts us in that Top 2 picture but I just don't see it. Unlike Collingwood, Brisbane and St. Kilda we actually are a young team and I expect some players to start fading towards the back end. Switta basically gone for the season and a few more will most likely pop up.

It's tough. I'm a pessimist but if we make the Top 4 or indeed Top 2 this year we DEFINITELY would've deserved it (unlike some other bolters from previous season's whose dra w utterly flattered them). I have us with 2 wins, potentially a 3rd against Carlton or Richmond.
Yeah, I've made this point a few times, the only one who got stiffed on their draw (given where they finished) harder than us is St Kilda. Finishing top 4 with this draw would be a massive achievement.

It's crazy that we just came out of a period with against 2 top 4 teams, and the next 5 weeks is arguably harder.

I'm expecting 3 wins, and we likely need two of those wins to be against Sydney, St Kilda and Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi Freo fans, I come in peace.

My husband and I are in Perth when you play the Swans on 16 July. We were planning to visit your new stadium for the first time - in fact that is the purpose of the trip from Melbourne with our airfares and hotel already booked - but the Ticketmaster website says no tickets available. Is that right? Sold out several weeks in advance? Or just a quirk of the Optus Stadium ticket sales? Tickets to Marvel Stadium in Melbourne can be hard to access sometimes, but it’s rarely a sellout.

Cheers for any advice.

My husband and I are in Perth when you play the Swans on 16 July. We were planning to visit your new stadium for the first time - in fact that is the purpose of the trip from Melbourne with our airfares and hotel already booked - but the Ticketmaster website says no tickets available. Is that right? Sold out several weeks in advance? Or just a quirk of the Optus Stadium ticket sales? Tickets to Marvel Stadium in Melbourne can be hard to access sometimes, but it’s rarely a sellout.

Cheers for any advice.

They don't usually go on sale until 2 weeks before the game.

V Carlton Marvel - Cerra cup WIN
V Port Optus - Average side WIN
V Saints Marvel - We want revenge WIN
V Swans Optus - Swans play Optus well DANGER GAME
V Tigers Marvel - Tigers can't play Marvel WIN

5/5
They're all danger games aren't they? It's just whether it's "danger", "DANGER", "DANGER" or
danger GIF

Seeing those repeated games at Marvel is a nice bit of fixturing. I'd be most wary of the first one in the slot, as we'll be coming off the bye, while Carltoon is a few games on and well into the rhythm. Plus they'll be on a 9-day break, so no fatigue as a moderator and it's in an early slot. So pressures all on the Blooz really. By the time we get to the Tigers it'll be virtually our home away from home (although in typical AFL style of trying to minimise our every advantage, the Tiggies are there the week before too).

Hubris……much.

There is a reason why they use simple footy vernacular like one week at a time.

I was hoping to find some sensibility in this thread.

God I hate Dufflecoaters….Pride goeth before the fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hubris……much.

Lol that's a pretty poor take. Sure you've got some overly optimistic people in here but there's quite a few with fairly realistic expectations in here. If you were "hoping to find some sensibility" you would've found any one of those posts and discussed instead of firing a cheap shot.

Hubris……much.

Closing Arrested Development GIF

I suppose the positive in playing Richmond at marvel is they hate playing there. And we should be able to use it to our advantage.

Negative is it isn't at the MCG for extra game experience before we play there in the GF.

Next 5 games I reckon
3 wins is a pass mark
4 wins is excellent should be close to locking in a top 4 spot.
5 wins we are marching towards the Top 2
The biggest bonus for us playing at marvel is the roof.

Lol that's a pretty poor take. Sure you've got some overly optimistic people in here but there's quite a few with fairly realistic expectations in here. If you were "hoping to find some sensibility" you would've found any one of those posts and discussed instead of firing a cheap shot.

How the F$&@K did I end up posting in here.

Thankfully, I’ve just realized it’s the Fremantle pages.

The Pies love playing out west. Home away from home.

Keep up the good work……

Cheers for any advice.
Hello,
It may be worth your while talking to the Fremantle membership people.
The three game membership costs $75. I think you can choose to use the three tickets for one game, but you would have to check with the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back