Unofficial Preview Next 5 matches

Remove this Banner Ad

Would be amazing if we won all those games. However I think we will drop around 3-4 games (hope the team proves me wrong).

West Coast in Perth is 50/50
North 50/50
Carlton 50/50
Richmond 50/50
Pies 50/50
Hawthorn will be a loss

We should win the rest. It's the 50/50 games that will decide whether we are a top team or a 5-8 team. On paper and form, we should account for the 50/50 teams, but we never know what might happen from now until then.

But gee, imagine we finished 18-4 :D

If that happens, thanks to Geelong, Sydney, Hawthron and Freo's cushy draws, we'll still most likley come either 4th or 5th and play either GC or Hawthron.
Gotta hope Richmond and Gold Coast win as many as possible (excpept against us).

We should smash North.. like smash. They are shot.. woefully mentally weak.

One good thing about our draw this year is that there were no periods where you expected to lose 3-4 in a row.. which helps confidence I think. We will beat Richmond again as easily as we did the first time and we will account for Carlton because by then Malthouse will have dropped Garlett and Betts as well.. Collingwood don't seem to be the killing machine they have been for the last three years either.. they have some weaknesses down back and up forward...

More than any year in the past 10 though, I am feeling really optimistic that on any given day we are a really good chance to beat any side in the comp. Especially when you consider all the crap they have been dealing with off-field that is expected to be finalised in the next four weeks.. I think we will be able to look back and say that 2013 is the year it all started to turn around again..

No one is under-estimating our list now, our gameplan seems pretty solid (except for F50 entries at times or when we become timid to run through the middle).. we have real talent everyweek and also back-ups in almost all positions.. very very healthy position as a club overall.

We will win the flag next year. Anything less than a GF next year will be a fail.

How is it looking so far? Our next two games don't look to be as good as it did a few weeks ago. West Coast in Perth and Port Adelaide anywhere have both been a struggle for about a decade.

I say Port in Melbourne is our danger game. Port beating Sydney is actually a positive for us, just like Gold Coast beating North was. Those two games will give us an inside into our midseason form, as it was round 15 last year where we fell apart. The boys will need to bring their A game against both to beat them, which will set us up for the rest of the season. The two games after that against Bulldogs and GWS should be relatively easy if we come to play, which I hope they learned from our first game against GWS.

We should be 4-1 at the very least if we are serious in giving the finals a shake come September. We are most likely to drop the game against West Coast on Thursday, but given yesterday's revelation, I hope for some back against the wall stuff like the last time we played at PS ;)

If we get 18 wins this year we will be flag favorites. Cannot see that scenario happening myself.
And whats with the ideas that the top four teams are not going to drop random games in the second half of the season??
Of course they will. 18 wins would get second spot spot easy...

Well that's 4 out of 4, barring an humiliating and disastrous loss next week, we'll go into the Hawthorn game on a 6 game winning streak. Focus on winning first, but might be a nice idea to send the margin past the 20 goal range, and given what they served up to Sydney, it is not out of the picture if we kicked straighter. Because if we were to beat Hawthorn in 2 weeks, percentage might get us above them. Swans could have won by 40 goals. Who is that guy who fixed up Hurley's kicking last year, when he kicked 11 in 2 weeks? Sign him up quick.

Every week, it seems the the 'can't loose' game suddenly becomes a 'just win'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Collingwood match all of a sudden got a whole lot less daunting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back