Next AFL CEO - jungle drums for Gil?

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn't give a * as long as they keep their filthy hands off Benny.

So 100k at the GF is the sole reason you can come up with. Merit is fine for the other finals, but the biggest game of all, both teams that get there earn it ... 25k join a bloody cricket club.
Pretty neutral, OK if you say so.
Of course players love playing at the G, all love playing at home.

As for the sleaze, the encumbents got together & came away with a deal that suited the status quo - why the close the door, great politics by the Vic Premier, he was the winner.
So 100k at the GF is the sole reason you can come up with. Merit is fine for the other finals, but the biggest game of all, both teams that get there earn it ... 25k join a bloody cricket club.

As for the sleaze, the encumbents got together & came away with a deal that suited the status quo - why the close the door, great politics by the Vic Premier, he was the winner.
Yeah It doesn’t sound fair but how would you work it out ? the highest ranking team gets to host it so there’s a chance you could have grand finals at the Gabba Metricon spotless 30 k stadiums it’s just not realistic you could do it like the super bowl a different place each season once again how would you do it the only other stadium in the country capable of holding it is Anz In Sydney were they don’t play footy anymore ,Perth stadium is great but once again only holds 60,000 I don’t see what the big deal is I mean look at England all the major games are played at Wembley if they had made Perth stadium a 80,000 seater it could of been an option but it didn’t happen !

Yeah It doesn’t sound fair but how would you work it out ? the highest ranking team gets to host it so there’s a chance you could have grand finals at the Gabba Metricon spotless 30 k stadiums it’s just not realistic you could do it like the super bowl a different place each season once again how would you do it the only other stadium in the country capable of holding it is Anz In Sydney were they don’t play footy anymore ,Perth stadium is great but once again only holds 60,000 I don’t see what the big deal is I mean look at England all the major games are played at Wembley if they had made Perth stadium a 80,000 seater it could of been an option but it didn’t happen !

Cut the cricket club, 75k v 60k, AFL members dont get a gig outside Vic (?), 16 k GF day, 59k at the G, 60k in Perth.
Yes, I've no respect for the MCC or the AFL members (I'm with Eddie), nor do I support one group of fans being rewarded over the rest, its a national comp.

How do you do it, say every 2nd GF on rotation, Tas? So the Gabba, SCG, Adelaide, Perth, still 5 in 10 at the G.

Not perfect but its not the loaded dice that Gil has cast in stone.

They did the deal because it was obviously better than what they would have gotten elsewhere - remember just because you don't go to tender doesn't mean you don't price check (it's in everyone's interest that noone was outbid)

Care to put some flesh on those claims, no pokies please unless absolutely necessary - not the Bombers need an AFL guarantee these days.

It's been a complaint on the dons board for a while, they management are very good at turning a profit, but they feel it's been at the expense of funding their footy Dept.

They did the deal because it was obviously better than what they would have gotten elsewhere - remember just because you don't go to tender doesn't mean you don't price check (it's in everyone's interest that noone was outbid)

Was it, why was it behind close doors, thats why it was sleazy, the encumbents nut out a deal that suits them, a couple of States had expressed interest ....

It's been a complaint on the dons board for a while, they management are very good at turning a profit, but they feel it's been at the expense of funding their footy Dept.

Why the AFL guarantee, traditionally it was not needed. Surely the claim can be supported .. what chance the gaming profits exceed the declared profit?

I remember Peter Jackson advising when footy ops were not self supporting, the mid 00s - first club to make that comment as I recall.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why the AFL guarantee, traditionally it was not needed. Surely the claim can be supported .. what chance the gaming profits exceed the declared profit?

The AFL guarantee is because their debt grew thanks to the hanger. It's just something banks ask for

Or did it come after the drugs debacle, did David Evans pull his funding?

The Tiges no longer need one :thumbsu:

ASADA didn't help

Tigs have no debt, which is why our guarantee is gone. When we borrow to rebuild our facility, I suspect it will return.

Btw this isn't a bank guarantee like we know it (ie mum and dad acting as guarantor on home loans). It's only the AFL guaranteeing that the club will receive it's dividend at the end of the year. That's it.

ASADA didn't help

Tigs have no debt, which is why our guarantee is gone. When we borrow to rebuild our facility, I suspect it will return.

Btw this isn't a bank guarantee like we know it (ie mum and dad acting as guarantor on home loans). It's only the AFL guaranteeing that the club will receive it's dividend at the end of the year. That's it.

Mum & Dad provide comfort, so does the AFL where needed. The context being the X-man & his financial performance.

Mum & Dad provide comfort, so does the AFL where needed. The context being the X-man & his financial performance.

No.

Mum and dad are saying they will pay the mortgage their kid has taken

The AFL is saying the idiot club will be paid their dividend as already agreed.

Don't overplay your hand dude

Fwiw people have joked about the dons and their hidden war bonds for years. They have always had a rep for being fiscally prudent

Cut the cricket club, 75k v 60k, AFL members dont get a gig outside Vic (?), 16 k GF day, 59k at the G, 60k in Perth.
Yes, I've no respect for the MCC or the AFL members (I'm with Eddie), nor do I support one group of fans being rewarded over the rest, its a national comp.

How do you do it, say every 2nd GF on rotation, Tas? So the Gabba, SCG, Adelaide, Perth, still 5 in 10 at the G.

Not perfect but its not the loaded dice that Gil has cast in stone.
That’s the problem though you might be able to make it work at a 60,000 Perth stadium what about the 25’000-40’000 grounds how on earth do you make that work ?

That’s the problem though you might be able to make it work at a 60,000 Perth stadium what about the 25’000-40’000 grounds how on earth do you make that work ?

What is making it work, a different group of people get to see the GF 4 in every 8 years .... biggest crowd of the same people get to see 4 in every 8 years BUT they miss out occasionally .... better than what we've got, not perfect.

Wembley stadiums no club's home ground.

Wembley stadiums no club's home ground.
Yeah I know it’s no ones home ground it’s still an advantage for the London based clubs though less travel as for th mcg st kilda are lucky to play 1-2 games a year there the same as most interstate clubs apart from the travel we have no advantage over the interstate clubs playing a gf at the g I understand it’s an advantage for the Richmond and Collingwoods though!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back