Next AFL CEO - jungle drums for Gil?

Remove this Banner Ad

Aussie in exile

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 21, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Maybe time for a Female C.E.O? Wonder how that would change the playing field with AFLW and all.
It shouldn't be chosen on gender but ability.
If the best person for the job is a women then they should get it.
If the best person for the job is a man they should get it.
100% it shouldn't be chosen on gender

In all seriousness, surely the front runner is Brian Cook?

I thought he would have got it last time, does he want the gig?

I get Gale losing out to Gilligan because of his relative inexperience at the time (and Gilligan was the AFL inside man), but Cook had an unrivalled resume.

Only way I saw him losing is if (1) he didn't want it, (2) AFL didn't want him because he isn't a docile puppy like Gilligan, or (3) the AFL only ever wanted to give the gig to one of their own.

personally I think its (3), and Hocking will be the next one given his love for ******* the game up with stupid rules, and he will probably continue the farce that is AFLX

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
LOL at the lot of you. You might excited that Gil might be gone. Another Corrupt bastard will take his spot.

Andrew Demitriou was a Pro Victorian as they come. At one point, Stephen Trigg was next in line until the Kurt Tippett Saga left his reputation in tatters.

You might as well Hire Don King, Sepp Blatter or Shang Tsung. All 3 fit the bill. All will be corrupt, All will take the money.

All will suck the soul out of the League and In Shang Tsungs case, Literally.

gingernuts

binlicker
Apr 25, 2018
the southern end of the minyip swamp
AFL Club
Geelong
Well to be the CEO of the AFL you need the right credentials, you have to be shifty, corrupt , and have the ability to become the invisible man when it suits. Obviously another key criteria is that you have to be inventive when it comes to fooking the game for the fans who are the custodians of the AFL. (i.e. rule changes and Umpiring).
Having said this lets go and get David Gallop from FFA or Brian Waldron because they fit the bill.
McLachlan out!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

arfadunger

Club Legend
Apr 16, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Who’s to say the best person for the job won’t come from inside the game?
If it is then great, but there's a big world out there outside of the AFL bubble and the CEO's package would be good enough to attract interest from the very best. I think (although stand to be corrected) that the last CEO appointed from outside of the AFL industry was Oakley and while his leadership style didn't endear him to a lot of people it could be argued that the changes he made set the AFL up to allow it to be in the strong financial position that it is today.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Is this the start of the end for Gil?

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...ld-be-the-afl-s-next-ceo-20190503-p51jsq.html

I’d love Brendon to stay at Richmond, but I think it is inevitable that we’ll lose him. If he doesn’t get the CEO role when Gil moves on I think he’ll look for a bigger/new challenge elsewhere.

Who else might next fill the role of AFL CEO?

Steven Trigg always had his eyes on a sweet AFL gig and he did only make just that one mistake.

gingernuts

binlicker
Apr 25, 2018
the southern end of the minyip swamp
AFL Club
Geelong
I do believe that someone by the name of scomo might look at the position after Saturday. He is a nutter so he will be a shoe in and take charge of the umpiring department and just say the umpring is fine just like his budget

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back