Next Aussie T20 captain ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Maxwell .. the legend will keep on growing...
Who is this Turner dude? If I don't know then he ain't it..
It will take a little bit of tweaking to wander into a good fit. It is all about who wants it as well as
anything else.

While watching the BBL this year I started noticing that Turner was very very good at manipulating the dimensions of Perth Stadium (short boundaries straight and to fine leg). So I started looking in to his scores this season at Perth compared to everywhere else.

At Perth Stadium this season he averaged 65 with a strike rate of 165. Everywhere else he averaged 14 with a strike rate of 115.

I thought that maybe was just variance so I then looked at his career. At Perth Stadium for his career he averages 37 at a strike rate of 147. Everywhere else he averages 20 at a strike rate of 137.

You add that to his T20I record (18 matches, avg 12, sr 84) and I think it starts to paint a picture as to why he may not be a successful batter at international level.

I'm not adverse to him playing for the national team again but I think it would be unwise to think he'd replicate what he does for the Scorchers at international level.
I’m a little surprised his record at other grounds is that poor.

I do like that Turner just keeps his head. T20 is a game for intelligent experienced players - he is it. Can he step up to international bowling, I’d give him another chance. We have that many series that don’t matter, does it matter if we have a rotating captaincy policy until we find a permanent solution?

I feel like Maxwell being given captaincy of an Australian side would be a bit of a make up with the ******* around of him in other formats.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back