Prediction Next breakout player in 2020?

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you want them to say...his legs are a bit tired from all the running he's been doing?
No, just say he is being managed so we know it wasn't a form issue. Like most other clubs do.

Where he was clearly the best ruckman on the list?
No, that any senior player comes straight back in regardless of form or fitness.

I'd argue he wasn't the best ruck on our list last year, given how much better ROB was than him this year. You don't improve that much in 6m

I’ll go Himmelberg .... IMO hugely underrated on this board, as we get enamoured with the shiny new toy Frampton

Himmelberg is a better tap ruck than ROB and has some real footy smarts .... just the forgotten man ATM

Definitely agree he has the footy smarts - get's himself into the right position to have an impact, but he's GOT to start clunking some grabs. It all counts for nought if he can't make them stick.

Isn't that what we did and you said it wasn't transparent?
Thought we said he was dropped? Don't recall it being managed.

Edit - was named on an extended bench then dropped in round 23.

Hardly transparent if being managed.

Last edited:
Who has hyped him?

You seriously post some weird stuff!
Why are you getting worked up?

It really depends how you define “hyped up”. To me, it means people talking about his potential more than his actual output. McPherson would fit the mould I would have thought?

Why are you getting worked up?

It really depends how you define “hyped up”. To me, it means people talking about his potential more than his actual output. McPherson would fit the mould I would have thought?
Your statement was just wrong as no one is hyping up McPherson.

Rather than trying to deflect just say you got this post wrong.

Google hyped & you will get a clear answer...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your statement was just wrong as no one is hyping up McPherson.

Rather than trying to deflect just say you got this post wrong.

Google hyped & you will get a clear answer...
“Hyping”, I mean since he’s been selected with us. Here’s the most relevant thread:

Some of the comments from a quick glimpse:
- looks to be like a Smith clone
- looks to be like a Smith/Laird hybrid
- already looks better than DMac
- going to be a future captain, bookmark it.

And output in the last 2 years:
- close to zero.

I rest my case, your honour.

“Hyping”, I mean since he’s been selected with us. Here’s the most relevant thread:

Some of the comments from a quick glimpse:
- looks to be like a Smith clone
- looks to be like a Smith/Laird hybrid
- already looks better than DMac
- going to be a future captain, bookmark it.

And output in the last 2 years:
- close to zero.

I rest my case, your honour.
Lol, now you are just doubling down being ridiculous!

There have been posts about how he plays, but these have been about potential or what may happen as discussed for every single draftee. Can't recall many posters claiming he will definitely be a gun & massively exaggerated.

Keep digging if you must...

Last edited:
I'm expecting Jones to become a top 10 player at AFC next season, which meets my definition of breakout.
That would be very unusual for a player in his position

I am hoping for a few promising moments and about 15 possessions per game, in the 15-20 range for the B&F

That would be very unusual for a player in his position

I am hoping for a few promising moments and about 15 possessions per game, in the 15-20 range for the B&F
It's not like we have had a highly rated 2nd year player burst into our top 10 before... ;)

Let's see how this one pan's out, but I see Nicks giving Jones far more responsibility next year & that he will thrive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back