• Sam Docherty

Votes: 189 48.8%
  • Jacob Weitering

Votes: 14 3.6%
  • Someone else?

Votes: 19 4.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Co-Captains is the right choice, however you had to pick one I'd have to go to Docherty over Cripps.

I was always a bit skepitcal of the Murphy appointment, don't get me wrong I always thought he was a very good player but not a very strong leader, wish they appointed Simmo instead but that's me.

Docherty for mine.

I agree. I think if Doc had've played this year he would almost be favourite but that's not how it panned out. Love Cripps as most of us do but think Doc may get the nod.

Cripps closing in on doc in the voting poll above......not playing hasn't helped doc of course and crippa killed it on the field this year so not totally surprising.....think a good outcome would be for co-captains...doc organises the back and does most of the off-field speaking...and crippa brings inspiration and mongrel into the whole team on game day....would make a magnificient combination....

I was thinking more among these lines:

Cripps and Doc captains.
Murph and Ed vice-captains.
Simmo, Daisy, Charlie and Fisher rest of the leadership group.

The very best leaders have, amongst other things, a presence and ability to be uncompromisingly ruthless on issues, whilst remaining supportive towards people.

As an outsider looking in, am confident that Doc and Cripps both meet that criteria. However also get the feeling, and its just a feeling, that Doc is the better choice at this point in time.

Doc is naturally very articulate in the media, fantastic player advocate, is outstanding on-field in skill and courage, he coaches when playing and now has experience in the box - a perfect choice.
Crippa is a natural warrior that everyone stands that much taller behind. He can lift a team with unparalleled grunt and sublime execution. He speaks and others listen. And not unlike Judd, he inspires through action - a perfect choice.

Both are great choices. I wouldn’t mind co-captains.

I suspect Docherty was all ready to be named captain for this past 2018 season until he went down with the season ending injury.

Although Cripps has had a cracking year this year, I still tip Docherty to take over Murphy as captain in 2019, Cripps to remain as VC.

Post from Christmas past!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Tom on stalking Footy last night said it’s basically Cripps all the way
I’m not surprised with Doc VC
Time will tell

Imo Cripps is a captains captain if that makes sense. He has all the traits, a powerful figure/personality, leader on the field, a ‘follow me’ inspirational player and an excellent trainer/work ethic. Ticks every box.

I’m not saying Doc doesn’t but Cripps is the stand out. I’d be happy with co-captains but imo Cripps has to be atleast one of the captains if not the sole captain

Not a fan of this co-captain thing at all. I think its most likely despite all the misgivings that Murphy will still be it till he retires. By then the choice is easier. We get another look at Doc onfield. Others might emerge.
But if its a change for next season then it has to be Cripps.

Oh yeah, whats the goss?
No goss really, and certainly not a big problem... just my observations at the open training sessions I've attended this year.

There are some players that start at the beginning and sign every request, and there are others that appear to call time about half way through...

I'm in the Cripps camp but, I have to say, he's not as good with the fans as he perhaps could be...
not easy when he's the one they all want.......oo oo oo

Back