Votes: 189 48.8%
  • Jacob Weitering

Votes: 14 3.6%
  • Someone else?

Votes: 19 4.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

not easy when he's the one they all want.......oo oo oo
I reckon Jack might have him covered to be honest, and even Charlie for that matter... but yeah, I suspect it would get tiring... hence I'm attempting to not be too critical.

No goss really, and certainly not a big problem... just my observations at the open training sessions I've attended this year.

There are some players that start at the beginning and sign every request, and there are others that appear to call time about half way through...
To be fair its really awkward and weird to be signing things for people, just in a general sense it is not normal.

Not saying anyone here is a screwball for getting something signed but the moment itself I imagine would be very manufactured for most people so I can see why some players wouldn't enjoy it.

To be fair its really awkward and weird to be signing things for people, just in a general sense it is not normal.

Not saying anyone here is a screwball for getting something signed but the moment itself I imagine would be very manufactured for most people so I can see why some players wouldn't enjoy it.
Not sure they have to enjoy it... they should at least pretend to though... fans (kids) have turned up to seen this years worst performing team train... players can afford to be gracious under those circumstances...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure they have to enjoy it... they should at least pretend to though... fans (kids) have turned up to seen this years worst performing team train... players can afford to be gracious under those circumstances...
That is a very fair point, for the kids they should pretend.

For adults a simple "nah, yeah mate" "how you goin mate" "who should I put this to mate" should be enough.

Absolutely. The way I see it, doing that kind of thing is part of their job. I’m sure they can spend time with fans, especially kids. Simpson was one of the worst I’ve come across. Maybe he’s just shy.

Absolutely. The way I see it, doing that kind of thing is part of their job. I’m sure they can spend time with fans, especially kids. Simpson was one of the worst I’ve come across. Maybe he’s just shy.

Watching the video the club put together about Simmo, it seems he has always been the shy type.

He's certainly not shy on the field, where it actually matters. Maybe he was feeling sick/was in a bad mood? Can happen with the best of them.

Might be shy but he wouldn't be anywhere near Murphy's level of introverted. Especially given their respective media performances.

Is captaincy voted on by the players or is it assigned by the coaches?

I seem to recall Murphy was appointed by Malthouse, but I don't know if that's common practice or not.

Hopefully we announce a smaller leadership team too.
Cripps, Doc.
Marchbank, Ed?

For me it should be: Cripps (C), Doc (VC), with Simpson, Murphy and Ed rounding out the leadership group.

I'd also consider Thomas if we want to have a 6th.

Other young guys need to play consistent football and stay on the field first.

I have been in the Doc camp for a very long time, but hard to argue with this decision.

Cripps is a monster and a champion player. He seems a really nice guy, a great role model and would be a brilliant marketing tool for the club.

Can't go wrong with whichever way they choose.

Exactly my position. I was all for Doc, but the way Cripps elevated himself when Murph sat out games this year was remarkable.

I’ve been vehemently against co-captains conceptually, but these two guys would be an acceptable exception to that rule in my mind. Not because they’re both fantastic leaders, but because their strengths in leadership seem to be highly complementary.

Back