Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Steven

Votes: 16 23.5%
  • Weller

Votes: 34 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

No, Mav got king hit by a Thai police officer whilst trying to break up his GC mates from an altercation.

That mega idiot Campbell Brown was mouthing off & the cops starting getting stuck into him, Mav stepped in to help & got hit himself. Both ended up in the lock up.

Brown then told the Suns that it was Mav who started it to save his own arse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mav and Newnes are popular eh? I'd have Newnes, he's ultra-consistent and hard as well as skilled so in theory he shouldn't let the team down often. Mav is a bit of mad campaigner and might get suspended if he keeps attacking the contest like he does.

Yeah the Thailand thing... so it's Mav, and fricking _Campbell Brown_, the Thai police and no impartial account of events.

This is the same Campbell Brown who later on would end his career by belting a team-mate over something to do with Rihanna & her entourage. The same Campbell Brown who had to sit out a total of 29 weeks due to various suspensions.

I'd have Mav captain, Newnes VC. Other way around is fine too.

Mav and Newnes are popular eh? I'd have Newnes, he's ultra-consistent and hard as well as skilled so in theory he shouldn't let the team down often. Mav is a bit of mad campaigner and might get suspended if he keeps attacking the contest like he does.

Love the way Mav swings his arms into the guy trying to pick up the ball as part of the initial contact when he tackles just to make the bloke crap himself a bit more. Reckon his intensity lifts the boys around him, would also be happy with Newnes captain, very consistent, speaks well.

That mega idiot Campbell Brown was mouthing off & the cops starting getting stuck into him, Mav stepped in to help & got hit himself. Both ended up in the lock up.

Brown then told the Suns that it was Mav who started it to save his own arse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ding ding ding. We have ourselves a winner :thumbsu:

I wouldn't be disappointed with any of those boys as captain. Only last year I couldn't think of anyone truly deserving enough to take over! Geez some boys have stepped up this year.

Personally, Mav or Newnesy for me. Mav's intensity, willingness to tackle hard and ability to kick clutch goals sells him for me whereas I love Newnesy's professionalism, consistency and the fact he seems to step up when the game is on the line. He has kicked a few big goals recently too!

This was my succession plan the last time this thread popped up
2017 - Rooey, Armo and Newnes co-captain
2018 - Armo and Newnes co-captain
2019 - Newnes captain
I still like the idea of a slow transition. However, on 2016 form, I'd probably replace Armo with Mav. I'd be equally happy with Mav or Newnes as the standalone captain in a couple of years time. Geary is another who could be that transitional player, however I don't think he needs the captaincy to lead by example as he does.

I just hope Riewoldt can grab the all time record

hope weller is our next captain the bloke is an absolute headcase attacks the ball and the man as hard as anyone ive ever seen

The board and coaching staff are very keen for Jack Steven to be captain. I don't think he's ready for the off field side of the job but stranger things have happened.
Still makes sense to just have Roo next year and reassess in my opinion.
Really? I got that from his promotion into the leadership group. I hope he can get there but had a long way to go. Hopefully see some improvement in his speech at the BnF this uear

Sweet jesus !
I voted for Mav to give him a leg up .
He has 50% of the vote so far . :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back