Prediction Next Captain

Did you even enjoy Tenet?

• No, it rearranged my perspective

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Covid jabs aren’t gonna change the restrictions

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He gets the ball a lot, he can play multiple positions, he does not back down. Nice for a Captain to be able to move to where the gap is on game day (aka Hodge).

And by association our last M premiership Captain was a nuggety hard, tough bull positioned off the back flank/centre square dependent on need.
That first bit has very little with what it means to be a captain.

I agree that Rory has been a subpar captain.

To be honest Rory hasn't been the same player ever since that North Melbourne game in Hobart back in 2017.

I know he had the foot injury, but I don't know, to me it just feels like ever since that period in 2017 where they were putting the hard tag on him every game that he's just never been the same player.

Last edited:
I agree that Rory has been an subpar captain.

To be honest Rory hasn't been the same player ever since that North Melbourne game in Hobart back in 2017.

I know he had the foot injury, but I don't know, to me it just feels like ever since that period in 2017 where they were putting the hard tag on him every game that he's just never been the same player.
If you weren't a crows fan, you'd still think Tex was the captain the way he is front and centre with media (excluding AFC.com.au), plus the way players always say he is great on the track with voice.

If you weren't a crows fan, you'd still think Tex was the captain the way he is front and centre with media (excluding AFC.com.au), plus the way players always say he is great on the track with voice.

Yeah he's been really disappointing.

Don't get me wrong I still love Sloane, but as much as it hurts me to say it, he's rivaling Tony McGuiness as being our worst ever captain.

Yeah he's been really disappointing.

Don't get me wrong I still love Sloane, but as much as it hurts me to say it, he's rivaling Tony McGuiness as being our worst ever captain.

Based on what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who cares who the captain is?

I could not think of a less important role.

Grant Thomas had it right ... toss the coin? FFS.

All these players that say it is a privilege to be captain, an honour to be captain ... why?

Leadership is leadership - it shouldn't matter if you have some bestowed title or not.

I mean it's one step from some watery tart throwing a sword at you!

Based on what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based solely on my observations thus far

He was completely non existent in the media last year and from what I observed of him on field I didn't see too much that made me think that he was a stellar on-field leader.

I also forgot about Goodwin too, that shows just how uninspiring he was as a captain so he'd be down there too with McGuinness and Sloane in my ratings.

Happy to be proven wrong, but Sloane seems to have "transitional captain" stamped over him.

Based solely on my observations thus far

He was completely non existent in the media last year and from what I observed of him on field I didn't see too much that made me think that he was a stellar on-field leader.

I also forgot about Goodwin too, that shows just how uninspiring he was as a captain so he'd be down there too with McGuinness and Sloane in my ratings.

Happy to be proven wrong, but Sloane seems to have "transitional captain" stamped over him.

There's absolutely no doubt Walsh made the right call back in 2015.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's absolutely no doubt Walsh made the right call back in 2015.

I think you're on the money.

I know Walker has always copped some flack, but in terms of his personality and getting people to follow his lead I think he was a better captain than people will give him credit for.

It's possible that if Rory was given the captaincy back in 2015 he might have been a completely different captain, but all we can really judge him on is from 2020 onwards.

Back