• Other Option

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • Noah Cumberland

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Taranto

Votes: 19 12.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just because Nank don’t speak much to the media (as with Dusty) does not mean he don’t speak with the players. So who are we to judge?

Saying that, who will our spokesman be that reporters will target after a win? With Rance, Crotchin and Reiwoldt gone, media will probably hope we don’t win to many. :p
In recent times Nathan Broad has been the media’s no one man

nank had a great year

grimes had a woeful year

we haven't seen what nank can do as sole captain

think his captaincy thus far has been irrelevant, grimes was checked out and unless both caps were 100% interested it was never gonna work

nank the fugn tank mofos

get the f around him or fo

nank had a great year

grimes had a woeful year

we haven't seen what nank can do as sole captain

think his captaincy thus far has been irrelevant, grimes was checked out and unless both caps were 100% interested it was never gonna work

nank the fugn tank mofos

get the f around him or fo
1702348200403.gif

A big part of the captaincy is the "follow me" type moments that can inspire the rest of the team. Cotchin would pull of a great tackle or dive in head first. I haven't seen Nank do anything "inspiring" when the chips were down in games. Sure he takes some well timed marks in the past but I haven't seen him win a contest through nothing but sheer force of will like Cotch did.

Also people stuck in the past saying "look at his accolades" etc are just wrong. Take that logic to the extreme and we may as well dig up Dyer and make his rotting corpse captain because he has the best "History and achievements".
Perhaps rewind the ‘20 PF

How can we select a debatable 29yo no 1 ruck as captain? This must deflate the tyres of any of our backup rucks as they now know to drop the captain he need to do atleast 5 games straight of poor performances before they get considered. Very uninspiring. Should have went with baker, short or taranto.
I would have picked baker. In saying that it’s voted by the players is it not?

Not from what I'm seeing on social media. Been fairly positive.

Anyway what's your opinion on the subject?

I'm not quite sure...:think:
About 90% of posters thought the two captain thing would be amazing at the time, but have laid very low since. Some of us called it out at the time that it wouldn't work. It was a no brainer.

Similarly a percentage (of the above) also think Nank will be amazing just because.

I and others would have opted for an alternative. Fresh start.

About 90% of posters thought the two captain thing would be amazing at the time, but have laid very low since. Some of us called it out at the time that it wouldn't work. It was a no brainer.

Similarly a percentage (of the above) also think Nank will be amazing just because.

I and others would have opted for an alternative. Fresh start.
Fair enough.

Serious question though, who would be your choice as captain?

Just so much BS about Nank. He was captain in our last final, the 2022 EF:

Leading disposals for Richmond:
Nank: 26
Ross: 23

Leading contested possessions;
Nank: 18
Cotchin: 9

Leading clearances:
Nank: 9
Prestia: 6

Stood up more than any other player that night … by a long way.

He’s not perfect, but anyone saying he doesn’t ’stand up’ or lead by example is just full of sh*t. He gives absolutely everything every minute of every game he plays. If that doesn’t inspire teammates that’s their problem, not Nanks.

People can say he shouldn’t be captain as he’s injured too often or gives away too many frees or isn’t good enough etc…… no problem with any of that.

But if it’s on the back of suggesting he doesn’t inspire through on-field actions or giving 100% efforts that’s just making up complete and utter BS.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Players, coaches and board all have input....but what would they know :$
board are incompetent ticked off fluro sash green nib red kfc and blue latitude combo

Just Thanking Fwaaarrrk they dumped the Dual Captaincy BS.

Good work Grimesey saving the club another year of laughable nonsense.

board are incompetent ticked off fluro sash green nib red kfc and blue latitude combo
the mystery files of shelby woo nicksplat GIF

Yup he took marks in the dying moment but didn't drag us to get into that winning position.

In the last 2 years since becoming captain Nank has done some dumb things on the field that have really cost us.
Cotchin wasn’t exactly perfect either and has had his fair share of bumps in the road even after years of being in the job
Plenty of games where Cotch didn’t drag us over the line either especially when you look over his entire reign as captain

Cotch has been really honest about the challenges he faced and mistakes he made along the journey and he is arguably the greatest captain in the clubs history so to argue that because Nank has stuffed up he shouldn’t be in the role is a little bit disingenuous

Any other player who would have the role instead would undoubtedly have similar instances where they slip up so I don’t really think it’s a decent argument against Nank

Without knowing the full picture it’s impossible for us in the cheap seats to really make a call either way since we only see a couple of hours on gameday when the job of captain covers a lot more than that in a professional sporting environment with a large amount of off field responsibilities as well

One of the biggest unofficial roles for the captain is to drive standards off field in regards to training and preparation and if what Yze said during the AGM is anything to go by the condition the training habits of the squad including the younger kids is nothing short of exceptional

Back