• Other Option

Votes: 18 12.2%
  • Noah Cumberland

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Taranto

Votes: 19 12.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Cotch started captaincy young and during the drought.. His remarkable leadership/personal growth on and off the field underpin the dynasty. His hair never moved, while he attacked the footy.

RFC has peaked. Cotch, Dimma no longer at the club. From the outside D. Rioli Baker or Short could've been long term calls. Nank not a bad call. Grimes already stepped down

Its the club/players decision.

Just so much BS about Nank. He was captain in our last final, the 2022 EF:

Leading disposals for Richmond:
Nank: 26
Ross: 23

Leading contested possessions;
Nank: 18
Cotchin: 9

Leading clearances:
Nank: 9
Prestia: 6

Stood up more than any other player that night … by a long way.

He’s not perfect, but anyone saying he doesn’t ’stand up’ or lead by example is just full of sh*t. He gives absolutely everything every minute of every game he plays. If that doesn’t inspire teammates that’s their problem, not Nanks.

People can say he shouldn’t be captain as he’s injured too often or gives away too many frees or isn’t good enough etc…… no problem with any of that.

But if it’s on the back of suggesting he doesn’t inspire through on-field actions or giving 100% efforts that’s just making up complete and utter BS.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Was that the game his direct opponent went of injured after 5 minutes and Nank went on to dominate with 15 hitouts to advantage ... to Lachie Neale who won the game off our diabolical connection between ruck and midfield?

Last edited:
I don’t get it. I thought the only reason we give away so many free kicks is because the AFL and umpires hate us. Now posters are telling me it is all on Nank?
Right up there with the afl is rigged and the only teams that succeed are ones that have the backing of the afl

But somehow that same logic isn’t applicable to us regardless of us coming off a period where we were the most dominant team in the comp for a number of years

And how dare anyone questions a single decision the club ever makes, or has a differing opinion!
200.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was that the game his direct opponent went of injured after 5 minutes and Nank went on to dominate with 15 hitouts to advantage ... to Lachie Neale who won the game off our diabolical connection between ruck and midfield?
Fair enough response. Awarding captaincy off one game.
Especially a finals loss. .. sadly another close loss under the Dimma regime.
Sadly against a team on the rise at a venue where they had just started winning games against us.
They lose their ruck, we lost Prestia who was best clearance player before injured. Neale always has blinders against us. We even had Pickett play on him.
Graham and Grimes missed I think. Sonsie was quite good as was Ross.
Cumberland, Miller, were quiet. Cotch was quiet, Dusty first game in a long time. Edwards sub.
Last score by them was 5 to 1 Tarrant, Balta, Nank vlas , Jack R. Vs Daniher. Nank stuffed up the mark,. Daniher crumbs and goals.
Had Nank marked it. Neales 50 million stats would have been the stuff of super coach.

Anyhow hello Tarranto and Hopper.

Last score by them was 5 to 1 Tarrant, Balta, Nank vlas , Jack R. Vs Daniher. Nank stuffed up the mark,. Daniher crumbs and goals.
Had Nank marked it. Neales 50 million stats would have been the stuff of super coach.

Anyhow hello Tarranto and Hopper.

This - as well as the fárc's totally irresponsible and negligent overrule of the Lynch 'goal' with no conclusive evidence to support an overrule......

Where is this knob's TRUE sliding doors moment?

eggplant.gif

Lose to Brizzy. TT & JH IN and we go backwards. Fit Lynch and Kosi IN looks promising. Yze and Newy much needed change of voice. 13 years was too long. Glad he stepped down.

Glad Grimes stepped down too.

This - as well as the fárc's totally irresponsible and negligent overrule of the Lynch 'goal' with no conclusive evidence to support an overrule......

Where is this knob's TRUE sliding doors moment?

eggplant.gif
is that a freshly de-docked eggplant

what is that emojicon

i love it but i don't know what it means

profound

nebulous

Just so much BS about Nank. He was captain in our last final, the 2022 EF:

Leading disposals for Richmond:
Nank: 26
Ross: 23

Leading contested possessions;
Nank: 18
Cotchin: 9

Leading clearances:
Nank: 9
Prestia: 6

Stood up more than any other player that night … by a long way.

He’s not perfect, but anyone saying he doesn’t ’stand up’ or lead by example is just full of sh*t. He gives absolutely everything every minute of every game he plays. If that doesn’t inspire teammates that’s their problem, not Nanks.

People can say he shouldn’t be captain as he’s injured too often or gives away too many frees or isn’t good enough etc…… no problem with any of that.

But if it’s on the back of suggesting he doesn’t inspire through on-field actions or giving 100% efforts that’s just making up complete and utter BS.

to be fair, if we are just discussing this game only, Nank's impact was minimal, infact Brisbane fed off him all night...
Stats might have looked good, impact though favoured Bris over us that night.

to be fair, if we are just discussing this game only, Nank's impact was minimal, infact Brisbane fed off him all night...
And that was Nanks fault? The mids that night bear no responsibility for letting the Lions players shark Nanks hit outs?
All the ruckman can do is win the knock, and try to put it where they have planned our mids to be to take possession. As a group, he and the mids needed to sort that out on the field if the trend was developing, which it clearly did.
If he was hitting it to the agreed spot, then it’s on the mids that the Lions continually won next possession. Conversely, if he’s hitting it to the wrong spot, it’s on him.

And that was Nanks fault? The mids that night bear no responsibility for letting the Lions players shark Nanks hit outs?
All the ruckman can do is win the knock, and try to put it where they have planned our mids to be to take possession. As a group, he and the mids needed to sort that out on the field if the trend was developing, which it clearly did.
If he was hitting it to the agreed spot, then it’s on the mids that the Lions continually won next possession. Conversely, if he’s hitting it to the wrong spot, it’s on him.
of course some responsibility lies with the mids, but he kept doing the same thing over and over, getting the same result, and didn't change a thing.

I won't knock his effort or application in the game, he busted his arse, but he also needed to recognise it wasn't working and change, he didn't.

My point is the criticism in here of his effort is unfounded. He gives his all every minute of every game, so not sure why people focus so heavily on his shortcomings. I didn’t care who the club chose so long as it was a single captain - the players and coaches know a lot better than us who sets standards at the club and deserved to be leader.

Back